xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SNiped

Fantastico Problem Exactly as the name says

Ok everytime i click on fantastico i get 404 error page. It says it cannot be found. Can someone tell me if Xisto have got rid of it or if there is a problem with my account. Thanks

i wish i could help. same 404 error on access of fantastico on my cpanel, that i can confirm. let's wait for admin resolution on this, as this concerns cpanel and features set up on it.

From what I observed and only taking a guess on this was that when Cpanel got upgraded the fantastico license had to be renewed/reinstalled in order to for everyone to used it and so it was not loaded. However, with the problems everyone was experiencing with the upgrade, they had to bring back the old cpanel to fix most of the problems everyone was having with their account. If I remember correctly you have to installed fantastico to the CPanel since it's a separate package from cpanel when you purchase it and so when it was downgraded this didn't happen.So most likely we won't see fantastico until either the upgrade or when the admin get the free chance to install it back on to the cpanel again. But during this time I would highly recommend going the manual path of installing software so not only will you be able to figure out how it's done you have the experience to solve others questions when they install it and what not.

From what I observed and only taking a guess on this was that when Cpanel got upgraded the fantastico license had to be renewed/reinstalled in order to for everyone to used it and so it was not loaded. However, with the problems everyone was experiencing with the upgrade, they had to bring back the old cpanel to fix most of the problems everyone was having with their account. If I remember correctly you have to installed fantastico to the CPanel since it's a separate package from cpanel when you purchase it and so when it was downgraded this didn't happen.
So most likely we won't see fantastico until either the upgrade or when the admin get the free chance to install it back on to the cpanel again. But during this time I would highly recommend going the manual path of installing software so not only will you be able to figure out how it's done you have the experience to solve others questions when they install it and what not.

SM just wondering if you have already fixed your Fantastico if so, any tut on how to do it, step by step. that would be nice for us who are not to sure on how to do it.

SM just wondering if you have already fixed your Fantastico if so, any tut on how to do it, step by step. that would be nice for us who are not to sure on how to do it.

i'd say that would be a negative. :( fantastico can be setup/enabled/disabled on cpanel by hosting admins only. what SM is trying to say is, if it would take long to have fantastico back on our hosting cpanels, then it would be better to just simply install the application you intend to setup via fantastico -- on a manual basis. that is, download the application from the source, upload files on your hosting, create your database (if it needs one), and setup permissions and configurations accordingly. for example you'd like wordpress installed; instead of waiting for fantastico back, just go to wordpress.org, download the latest release of the script, upload the wordpress files on the server, setup a database that it will use, and configure it. the same goes for other scripts you'd normally auto-install via fantastico. it would have to be done on a manual basis until the time fantastico goes back up again. :unsure:

if anybody struggles to have a script installed the manual way on Xisto servers, just ask for support by creating a thread in our forums here. do a search as well, as it may have been tackled before already. we'll be glad to assist if we can.

I suppose admins are still dealing with the problems derivated from the necessary hdd change some weeks ago. So we can do nothing but be patient. Anyway, as Sm said, Fantastico is not so vital, you can make your website without it, probably it's more difficult but you'll learn more things that definitely a good webmaster should know. In fact I've never used it.

i'd say that would be a negative. :( fantastico can be setup/enabled/disabled on cpanel by hosting admins only. what SM is trying to say is, if it would take long to have fantastico back on our hosting cpanels, then it would be better to just simply install the application you intend to setup via fantastico -- on a manual basis. that is, download the application from the source, upload files on your hosting, create your database (if it needs one), and setup permissions and configurations accordingly. for example you'd like wordpress installed; instead of waiting for fantastico back, just go to wordpress.org, download the latest release of the script, upload the wordpress files on the server, setup a database that it will use, and configure it. the same goes for other scripts you'd normally auto-install via fantastico. it would have to be done on a manual basis until the time fantastico goes back up again. :unsure:
if anybody struggles to have a script installed the manual way on Xisto servers, just ask for support by creating a thread in our forums here. do a search as well, as it may have been tackled before already. we'll be glad to assist if we can.

Ahh I see, and I kinda thought that but I wasnt sure , what exactly SM was talking about, but i did =think to just go and download what I needed..

i know that people have posted and error with fantastico, but i wanted to post the error, to see if an admin can help.

Not Found
The server was not able to find the document (./frontend/rvblue/fantastico/index.php) you requested
Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report
this error to your webhost.

Are you using a Bookmark or Favourites to reach cpanel? If so, this might be part of the problem. Cpanel versions have been changed recently and older Bookmarks need to be reset. Delete the existing bookmark, use the standard format (h t t p:// www .subdomain .trap17.com/cpanel) to go to the cpanel for your subdomain and create a new bookmark. I have no problem reaching cpanel. Been there twice today already.

the error is with fantastico tho, i can get to cpanel fine. and now i cant access my files. this is so frustrating!!! fantastico does not work, my files cant be accessed. whats next?!?!?! this is ridiculous.

Edited by robocz033 (see edit history)

Go to your cpanel > file manager > public_html and confirm that all your files are there inside the public_html folder.Fantastico is simply a software which allows you to install or un-install other software, like phpBB, etc.What are you trying to do with the fantastico? If you need to install something, there are other methods, like simply download the package and do a manual install of the software you need. Post some details and particulars, please. Simply reporting that fantastico is not available doesn't allow us to assist you fully. We need to know what you are trying to do, too.

ok, i am installing a simple machine's forum (smf). i can download it manually, but when i try to access the install.php, i get a 500 error. before, i could access it, but there was a problem with mod_security. so now i have 2 main problems, and 1 small problem

1. Mod_Security is conflicting with smf, if disabled, it risks security, however, security is one of smf's strong suits.

2. I cant access my files. none of them work. i dont know what the problem is.

3. (small problem) Fantastico isnt working.