xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Cpanel Reverted Back

The cPanel for Xisto Hosting accounts is reverted back tot he previous version ;)The cPanel X was really very cool and provide us witht he latest softwares.I'm using Cpanel X in another hosting account of mine for nearly a year, it has far more neat interface than the previous cPanel, everything is placed under the related category. The fantistico had the latest software packages, I was really very happy when the Xisto hosting account was upgraded to Cpanel X but now it has been reverted back.Please Opaque make sure that we get cPanel X back with Fantastico. I know that you really care for the members of Athe Xisto family. Expecting good results from you. ;)

Many people still have errors of mysql or their pages are still down (including mine) so of course Opaque has to do all he can to bring them back and finish the problems restoring all to normal as before. You sure don't have problems or you wouldn't be blaming about the reversing. Give us and to Opaque a little more comprehension please, it's a little weird to listen blames about interface aspect when others blame their pages or databases just don't work.

Edited by blackrabit (see edit history)

it's a little weird to listen blames about interface aspect when others blame their pages or databases just don't work.

The main reason that I suggest Opaque to offer cPanel X is not for the interface but for the number of packages that it provides and the support for latest version of MySql, PHP and other modules. The interface comes into consideration only in the last.

whats bothering me much more than fantastico not being there, is that my site disapears avery few minutes, then comes back, its been like this since the time i got the hosting, i hope this will be ressolved when everything is stable again...

I agree cPanel X was good. But I would rather not get mySQL errors as much as I have been getting them. Whatever they can do to fix that I welcome it. Even if it means going back in Cpanels.

whats bothering me much more than fantastico not being there, is that my site disapears avery few minutes, then comes back, its been like this since the time i got the hosting, i hope this will be ressolved when everything is stable again...

Ya, me too. I keep getting error messages from my smf board saying that the connection was lost to the database. But it connects right back. Does anybody know when they will be reverted back? Lol. I spent the last few days trying to fix the problem through simplemachines.org's forums and they couldn't figure out anything. So does this mean that as soon as they revert to the newer version my database connection problem should go away? I also enjoyed fantastico and all the other good services on the Cpanel.

The current (old) version of cPanel is what I'm used to. It displays everything, but I agree that the new version we had for about a week, although it moved a few things around, was awesome for its eye-candy appearance. That said, neither of the cPanels are really that pretty. In my opinion, the graphics get worse and worse. The preview of cPanel 11 seemed pretty bad to me, but as long as there are themes, I won't care which version we use. But if Fantastico isn't in the newer release, that would make me pretty sad. Manual installations are a trial.

i hear you on that, and im even having issues just trying to get it to saty up whiul eim updating my site thru joomla..

Well that would lead to a possible conclusion then, somewhere in the programming for the Cpanel x software cause peoples MySQL db's to become unstable and cause some problems so one can conclude that the cpanel was reverted to see if it could stablize the problems. But thats a possibility why it was reverted back of ocurse their oculd be other reasons.The only thing that gets me though and don't get me wrong about it, fantastico is an awesome software but everyone relies on it to much and feels lost with out it. Point is making when everyone new and old found old fantastico wasn't activated on the Cpanel X. I think their were riots in Dublin Ireland over this (well not really). Manually does take longer, but you get more experience doing it the long way and you find out how everything works and it becomes two fold because now you know more abouy yout FTP clients features and see what it can do.But thats a thought I wanted to put out and nothing more.

whats really annoying me right now is the 403 forbidden errors i keep getting, my site is up, but im not allowed to access it, its been happening allot todayedit: and btw, its not cpanels fault, both of my previous hosts had cpanelx and it worked perfectly, no problems, no mySQL database problems, nothing. though in the end, i was forced to leave those hosts, both went broke and closed down, lol

Edited by narutorasengan17 (see edit history)

In my opinion, eyecandy is nothing without organization. I prefer 9 over X because of the themes. The non-graphical themes it had had everything all nicely organized. Site tools and stuff on the top, site stats on the bottom. Again, in my opinion, you can still upgrade MySQL and PHP, etc without upgrading Cpanel. Installing things manually was not a problem for me—everything went smoothly—whether they were forums or CMS's; no need for fantastico; and chances are the scripts installed were more up to date. I didn't try to install anything when Cpanel X was in 'cause i didn't need to really—i already had everything i needed installed.

I couldn't access ANY cPanel until today. I'll take the old version over the new version (for now, anyway) if it means that I can log in and work with my site! ;)