xisto Community
Unregistered 012

Best Ways To Reduce Acne need help

I agree with Proactiv.Combined with an active lifestyle, heathy diet, plenty of water and good amount of rest. The recipe for clear skin =)I used to have really bad cystic acne all over my face. With the above regimine, you're on your way to beautiful skin. It may sound really simple, but it's really hard to maintain.You need to find the prevention, not just the cure. It's longer lasting.

Edited by ladylove (see edit history)

I have not had alot of acne throughout my life but recenlty I started getting some, it seems to go away and then come back again.......I think it may be caused by stress or hormones.....it seems that I've tried everything and it won't completely disapear.

I had struggled with acne my whole teenage life. I have literally tried everything. Of all the medications, astringents, and cleansers I have tried only two actually did anything. Proactive (that stuff you see on commercials) is the first thing that really worked. It comes with 3 things you put on your face. This stuff greatly reduced the number of pimples on my face. However, in the long run this just wasn't enough for me. Depending on what kind of acne you have this will show measurable improvement but not enough. For some it clears up their skin entirely, for me it didn't. The holy grail of acne medication for me was (drum roll please) Acutanne. This stuff was absolutely amazing. Not only does it start to clear up you skin within like 3 weeks, it keeps it that way forever! For about 95% of the population with acne who uses acutanne, this is the result that they will have. For the other 5% (like me) it is a little different. Ok, so my skin didn't clear up in 3 weeks (started too though) but it actually took about a month and a half. Then I think you are on the medication (which is in pill form) for like 5 months. By month 3 you are supposed to be completely clear and not getting new pimples. This never completely happened for me. My skin did clear up, but I still got SOME pimples. Now, my dermatologist said that I was in this 5% and that I would have to wait 5 months and then go on another 5 month period on acutanne. Which I did not want to do because there are some *BLEEP* drawbacks to acutanne.Firstly, YOU CAN NOT DRINK ANY ALCOHOL WHATSOEVER WHILE ON ACUTANNE!!! Acutanne puts your liver at a severe risk to alcholol. So much so that you have to get blood work done every month. Secondly, acutanne has been know to cause you too loose hair. This happened to me also. While it looks natural, I still know I have what looks like a receeding hairline. It isn't bad whatsoever and now that I have been off acutanne it has stopped but no hair has or will ever grow back. So i guess you have to way your options. If you do go on acutanne it will probably be the maricle that it is for 95% of those who try it. Not to say that I'm not happy with what I have. I barley break out, and when I do get a few pimples, they are not very bad at all. I could have gone for another 5 months of treatment but decided that I wanted to party again. lol. When you go to a dermatologist, they will put you on everything they can before they put you on acutanne. This is a last resort if nothing else works. So now all I do is wash my face with Noxema face wash once a day and my skin stays relatively clear. I'm sure if I went back to Proactive it would probably clear my skin up completely but I haven't done that yet. Also, it really doesn't matter what you eat. Food doesn't effect acne at all so eat what you want. However, resting your hands on you face or excessive touching your face will rub dirt and bacteria into your pores so try not to do that too often. One last piece of advice. Don't wash your face more than 2 or 3 times a day! The face washes that you use dry out your skin to much sometimes and washing excessively will actually cause more acne! You want you skin to be not too oily but not too dry either.Good luck!

Clinique doesn't really work on me; ProActive kinda does . . . Right now I'm using something called Differin .1%. You have to get it from your doctor, but supposedly it works really well. I haven't been using it long enough to tell if it works, but it might be worth looking into.

Hi,
I used to have really bad acne . It was pretty embarassing to go to college with my acne patched face and I was desperate to get rid of it somehow. I took plenty of efforts to keep my face clean all the time and also ate nutritious food and drank lots of water. Unfortunately none of it helped. I then recently read an article about a lady who got rid of her acne using a particular product. I tried it and it worked really well. Within 4 weeks my acne was gone completely. Really good stuff. You can read more about the ladys article at the link below.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

There's another product called phisohex that I personally use. Works great - your meant to use it 3 times a day but just once a day is fine for me. I just put the cream on my face while in the shower and wash it off. Far better then clearasil (however it's spelt).

Tea-tree oil and calamine lotion worked for me.

Other things I tried that worked for me:
1. Olive oil + salt as an exfiolant (Olive oil is good for skin. Salt kills germs.)
2. Fresh pineapple juice (non-diluted) as a natural A/BHA "mask" (just 30 seconds on the face is sufficient).
Some people have same success with lemon juice.
2. Enough sleep
3. Healthy diet

Accutane is effective but made me THIRST!!!!! I stopped and went the healthy way.

P.S. This thread may interest you ----> http://forums.xisto.com/topic/59585-how-to-get-skin-like-a-japanese-girl-how-to-get-rid-of-acne-fast-and-natural-wub/

Edited by wordpress_lover (see edit history)

I used to have this problem to an extreme, but not as much anymore. I just get the annoying spot that comes up in the best places ever (like mid-neck, right on the nose, or someplace very obvious), so it would be awesome to be acne-free, but that's just asking too much.It's just me, but I think everyone's out to get your dollar and so I'm kind of leery about the advertisements for some of them, but I've tried Proactive and the Walmart alternative and some shiny blue/red Neutrogena scrub (I think... can't remember) and I've just had my random spots. I also don't do it every day, which maybe helps out with not being abrasive and constantly washing my face. (I wash my face with that stuff every other day and just once.) So far either it's working and I'm just suffering spots or I'm past that point in life where I have to worry about breakouts... I don't know. Then again, everyone's different.Try out different things and see what works for you. If certain foods aggravate your acne, do the obvious thing and eliminate it. (I don't believe that your diet, to an extent, affects your acne directly... but a healthier diet as an outcome of not wanting to chance it doesn't hurt the lifestyle either. :) ) Try Proactive, try the Walmart brand, try different scrubs. Avoid constantly washing your face. Also, avoid alcohol products like Stridex because they dry out your face and that's not a good thing. (Your facial skin NEEDS those oils... it's the fact that dirt and other contaminants get into that oil and clog up a pore that causes those lovely whiteheads.)Be gentle with that face. As much as you would want to just scrub away, it will only do damage in the long run.

Different things work for different people because everyone has slightly different skin and genes. Products you could try include- facial washes - important to make sure your face is clean etc- some creams from the chemist that contain salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide (the chemical in pro-activ) which you apply i once dailythose are just some suggestions but like rayzoredge said, try different ones and see.In the end of your acne gets REALLY really bad go see a dermatologist and they can help you out!

You can take a trip to the doctor and ask for some pills. It does not really matter how bad your skin is, they probably have something that suits you. Another quick tips I have is zinc pills or cream - especially if yo are struggling with red skin.And please, give your skin some peace and quite. Let it rest. Lots of air could help, and if you want to give it a try you could always try to change your diet. Everyone have different reasons why they are having problems with their skin, so finding out what your problem is would be a clever thing to do.If you have gentle or/and dry skin you should definitely not try different types of for example fruit acids, or any acids at all. I am no expert but these are all my tips and opinions. :)

moisturizerBest Ways To Reduce Acne

Let me begin by saying that this is NOT a "glowing review" as one person put it of the Made from Earth Rosehip Face Serum. I can honestly say that this is the one moisturizer I have found that doesn't feel like I have slicked body lotion on my face. All other moisturizers feel heavy and if I sweat, let's say in the summertime, they start to melt and make me even more uncomfortable. This is not the case with the Made from Earth Rosehip & Hibiscus Face Serum! I love this thing and I went from rarely ever using moisturizer (b/c I couldn't find a good one) to using it every day. It smells great with no fragrence, but I think the hibiscus gives it a light aroma. . .It's kinda soft and flowery. I highly recommend this moisturizer. . .You can find it at http://www.madefromearth.com/. . .Its cheaper online (even with shipping) than buying it at the mall or Sephora...I believe Sephora sells it for over $30!

-reply by maria mills

Hi,I've been suffering from acne for nearly four years now but its only really gotten worse as it goes on. I've used tonnes of over the counter products, but none of them work other than clearing the occaisonal pimple every so often. Currently, I'm using Oxy 10 but its not really working either and its only making my face go all red. Neither of my parents suffer from acne, or any of my grandparents but my brother used to really suffer really badly from it from it. He's okay now but ... My two sisters are older than me, and their's started out like mine - you know gradually progressing until it just sort of got worse and worse. Their's is REALLY bad now, and like they wear make-up and stuff but it never really fully covers it. I'm not allowed to wear any make-up yet, so mine still looks really bad no matter what I do, but if any of you know of any cheap spot creams that you can get without a prescription or stepping into a hospital, or even any natural products that would clear my skin so I can get rid of it now rather than have it my whole life? I would really appreciate it, so if anyone knows anything, please, please help!

First and foremost, you need to know the cause of the acne outbreak. Is it due to diet, climate, skin condition, medication, heredictary or puberty. With the right diagnosis of the cause, finding a solution would be easier. IE, if diet, change to a more healthy choice. Climate? Take the neccessary precaution like moisture etc etc.

First up, try to touch your face as little as possible. The dirt from your hands could cause acne. Never pick your zits! Itt makes it red and worse looking and then it could get infected or scar your face later on. Drinking a lot of water and not eating grease helps.

Try to get a lot of rest and try not to feel overwhelmed. A lot of time people's skin acts up because of stress.

What I do is wash my face with a cleanser every other day (so it doesn't dry up my skin). I've heard that Proactiv didn't work for a lot of people, but never tried it myself.. There's also people who swear by it, too so it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. I've had best luck with Neutrogena's stuff... Their black head eliminating pads makes my skin look really nice and clean. Here's their site with some of their other products:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If you ever get really bad acne that won't clear up, give a visit to a dermatologist and they'll find the cause and a way to help you.

Everyone has a time in their lives where they have trouble with acne and it's tough. Best of luck finding a cure! :lol: