xisto Community
Unregistered 012

Best Ways To Reduce Acne need help

Well, i don't have horrible acne, but it is getting worse as times progresses. So i was wondering if anybody here knows the best medication, facial scrub, etc. that gets rid of acne. I have tried many different things.I have tried Proactive, Clearisil, facial scrubs, and astringents-(They clean your face and help kill the acne).I have also decided to cut back on Pop, candy, and other foods with a lot of sugar, and chocolate (big one right there i am addicted to chocolate lol).So i am hoping that doing so will help out.But, i also want a good acne reducer that will help in addition to get rid of acne.Anything like facial scrubs, astringent, medicines and other things like that.If you have something that has helped you please post it, with possibly a link, product name, and where i can buy it.Hope to get some good responses. ;) ~Justin~

Ive always used tea tree oil based products and not the commercial ?25 a bottle stuff, i got some facial wash from superdrug, Uk that is, for about ?3, a tea tree oil foamy wash and it really works, i still have spots, yes but that's to be expected at my age so theres not much i can do about that, everyone gets the odd spot, that cant be helped but products like this help to get rid of grease on the skin and kill bacteria, which as i understand it are the main causes for spots so it does help. Ive also got a more concentrated tea tree oil which you dab on individual areas, like if i get a spot come up i just go destroy it and then cover the area with the oil and it stops it coming back and stops more appearing in that area. And you could mix it with warm water for a quick wash too. And as usual eat less fatty foods yada yada! but thats boring! i refer to eat what i like and then use that kind of stuff ^^ to treat any spots i get. Although this applies to spots like those in the teen years whereas true acne is a condition where you get spots possibly throughout your entire life. If thats what you have opposed to the odd sot then see your doctor, one of my friends did and got some pills that help dry his skin and reduce the acne. So if you have acne, or think you have acne, then see your doctor and see what they recommend. but if you have ordinary spots then id say use tea tree oil products. The best thing i tried was a tea tree oil based scrubbing wash with little beads in it to scrub away dirt and spots etc... good stuff!

Stay cool, literally. After nights of sitting in my room with the blazing hot lights and my computer on, the temp rises a nice amount and makes my face secrete oil. Use less lighting if possible, and open up the windows (which in New York at this moment, will result in a nice rush of cold air).

I don't have acne at all, well maybe a bit sometimes but here's what do: I don't dump thousands of face products on my face. I let it mend itself, take care of itself. In the shower I scrub it with water, then soap, then an invigorating apricot scrub. These work best instead of the calm moisture ones. The calm moisture ones don't penetrate into the acne, they don't do anything. The invigorating ones drill into your face and make it healthy, strip off the dead skin. This is much better.

Ok firstly Acne i not supposed to be touched or pinched or pulled or plucked it has to be treated gently just like a wound, firstly Acne is usually due to Oliy and unclean pores in faces i.e in layman's terms, but what i researched and found was tht Acne is easy to control once reduced i.e to eat properly and prevent getting depressed all the time as emotions and food all depend on ur body's mutual metabolism, what i mean it tht ur body has to be like a cool cucumber fresh and clean u should not eat oily stuff daily and especially Chocolate ! even if plp are saying tht coco isn't the cause well they probably made a deal with cadbury ;) but as tested coco has heaty ingredients tht means when digested there are elements that help in the growth of pimples, just remember keep off heaty things like Mango, chocolate, coco products, and anything tht make u fell a heaty feeling ;)Enjoy LifeScan

First, wash your hands. Second, wash your face with a warm soapy water. The soap should not be oil based. Sugar does not affect acne. How ever oily foods do, especially through puberty. I hope this helps!

I also went through that horrible acne phase when I was in high school. It was mild, but it was a problem for me. I tried stuff like Oxy 5, but it didn't work...so I turned to prescription skin medicine to get me through until my early twenties. Later on, I also tried witch hazel to clear up/dry the skin as I figured this was a much simpler solution..plus eating the right food.

First: don't wash your face more than two or three times a day. Too much washing dries out your skin and makes the problem worse. Second: give any treatment several days to work. Clearing up acne can take some time, so remember to be patient and let whatever you use do the job.Third: try to reduce your stress levels. Stress can cause breakouts. It's a nasty cycle, really. Stress makes us break out, which stresses us out more, which leads to - yep - more breakouts. *sighs*

First: don't wash your face more than two or three times a day. Too much washing dries out your skin and makes the problem worse.
Second: give any treatment several days to work. Clearing up acne can take some time, so remember to be patient and let whatever you use do the job.

Third: try to reduce your stress levels. Stress can cause breakouts. It's a nasty cycle, really. Stress makes us break out, which stresses us out more, which leads to - yep - more breakouts. *sighs*

This is very true. I couldn't agree more.how ever eating your veggies normally has good effects on your skin, oh an whoever made the sex wee comment should know that protien levels have little or no effect on acne, and you could be in violation of the rules. Also, acne can be a genetic trait.

It has been scientifically proven that eating a healthy diet while overall benefits health, really doesn't have much of an effect on acne. Of course, if you run your face in french fry grease it does, but no one ever does that unless they want an army of zits. But anyway, I had very mild acne, but both my parents had bad acne as teens. So I started going to the dermatologist in 7th grade. As a preventative measure, my doctor prescribed Accutane. It is the most effective pill on the market. It has been called the wonder drug. But, it is very expensive (200 dollars a month with my insurance :unsure:), and it also has been linked to birth defects in infants. Its been a year since I've been on accutane and I have had only 2 zits from that time. Yes, thats right, TWO ZITS! Ask your dermatologist about Accutane. It is TRULY AMAZING! :(

Ya, i don't eat as much junk food anymore. I don't really have any stress. I also have been washing my hands before i wash my face. I don't pick anymore. I don't want to take a pill for a few pimples especially if it costs 200 dollars even with insurance. It has been getting better since i first started this topic though. I have been washing my face about 2 times a day with a new medicine. It is getting better. Thanks for the help.

I've heard Proactive is good for the skin. My mother knew a girl with bad acne that switched to that stuff. Now her skin is clean with no acne or pimples. I might give the tea tree oil a try.

Try to reduce your stress levels. Stress can cause breakouts. It's a nasty cycle, really. Stress makes us break out, which stresses us out more, which leads to - yep - more breakouts. *sighs*

I agree.

I have a few tips for you. You are on the right track with cutting out certain foods. If you are such a chocoholic, then you might want to try RAW COCOA. You can add it to fruit smoothies and stuff, or by itself. It's free of milk, sugar, and heat, so it's the best part of the chocolate without anything guilty. It's been called the food of the gods, and it's a superfood. Try finding it online, it's not in any stores, yet.

If you want to get rid of a blemish overnight, then try clay. Proactive clay mask thingy is the best clay to just dab on a blemish and then it will disapear. Any pure clay will work (try it internally if you will, as it cleanses the system) but Proactive just really works.

I find that those other soaps you were talking about just irritate the skin and make blemishes worse. I use pure castile soap, Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps, or Kirk's original coco castile. Just because they don't have any unnatural things that your body has to detox. Also use a natural deoderant, and then your shoulders will not blemish.

Oh, and I heard about this conncoction that you can make by mixing 2/3 hydrogen peroxide and 1/3 colloidal silver. You spray it on after getting out of the shower. The silver kills the bacteria and the hydrogen peroxide will, too, and also help with scars.

The last thing to talk about is the sun. It will kill the bacteria off and make your skin healthy, fade scaring and give you a healthy glow. It is a powerful detox. Try some sun today, it's free, so why not? --(No sunlotion! Only coconut oil, if you must, and do not exceed an hour a day. )

Posted Image

AH.. so I shouldn't be mixing or using too much acne product treatments. lol this is probably what I've been doing wrong. Should I get one acne treatment or does a good old simple fashion soap 2 - 3 times a day do the trick?