xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zeeman48

Can't Get To Fantastico.

Hello, I just now created my Xisto free hosting account (Package 2) and I can't seem to find Fantastico anywhere!

Does anyone know how to get to it!

I just now checked the Xisto homepage and it definitely says that it includes Fantastico 2 (see partial screenshot, taken April 6th, 2007).

Posted Image

Please Help!

The server is experiencing a Hard Drive Swap and also a cPanel upgrade. Might take a day or two to sort everything out. Of course, you can always download the module you need from the source supplier and install it the old-fashioned way until fantastico gets running.

Yes, as jlhaslip said, you can always so it the old fashioned way, uploading it manually. I did that with phpBB, and it only took me and hour. So I would recommend NOT waiting for Fantastico! to be installed and just upload your files manually.

Yes, as jlhaslip said, you can always so it the old fashioned way, uploading it manually. I did that with phpBB, and it only took me and hour. So I would recommend NOT waiting for Fantastico! to be installed and just upload your files manually.

lol, i know, it took me 20 mins to get phpBB3 up and running, its not hard, the problem for me is, im not too good with php-nuke

thats why i needed fantastico, but i guess ill have to suffer for a bit, and install it myself...

Not everything in life is easy. C'mon. It shouldn't take THAT long.Maybe and Hour or so. I don't even know what php-nuke is. What is it?

its a CMS, i think its one of the best CMS's out there ;) ...joomla and drupal are ok too, im trying to install it, but i need to enable register_globals in php.ini wich i cant seem to be able to find

its a CMS, i think its one of the best CMS's out there ;) ...joomla and drupal are ok too, im trying to install it, but i need to enable register_globals in php.ini wich i cant seem to be able to find

never enable register_globals couse it is a security risk. But if you really want to you can do it with .htaccess file. try googleing for it... i think there is a "How to.." even here at Xisto forums...

never enable register_globals couse it is a security risk. But if you really want to you can do it with .htaccess file. try googleing for it... i think there is a "How to.." even here at Xisto forums...

i tried doing it with the htaccess file already....didnt work ;)

Let's keep the discussion on-topic, folks. This thread is about the availability of Fantastico. Anything else is off topic and will be spammed. Thank you.

SORRY Jim, but I found and awnser to that dudes problem.

Narato dude,

Check This link on how to install php-nuke manually.

I'm waiting to install Joomla! because of this problem that everybody thinks is a BIG HUGE PROBLEM. It's not that big, folks! Just wait! OpaQue is only one guy and he can't do everything at once!

Okay, Imtay, thanks for assisting.Just a reminder that the Search feature isn't broken...

I noticed today tahat they brought back Fantastico on the CPANEL menu, but when I click on the link for it.. it tells me page does not exists.. any updates on this...

Yeah, the cPanel now looks like it did before... So Fantastico may be up by tonight...I'm probaly guessing by the end of the week at the latest. Now this thread might want to be closed because everything is almost ok.