xisto Community
OpaQue

Gamma Server Undergoing Hdd Change

Dear Members,

Our Server GAMMA is undergoing a Hard drive change. Some sectors of the Hard disk were found to be inaccessible. We have identified this as an early sign of Disk failure and hence decided to replace the Hard drive.

The entire process involves :-

Purchasing a New drive.

Installing OS and CPanel on this new drive.

Switching it to server.

Copying accounts on this drive.

Mounting this drive as primary.

The entire process can take anywhere from 5-8 hours.

We will try our level best to restore things as fast as possible. Thank you for your support and assistance.

Sorry but only saw this after creating a new topic on the hosted members area.Anyway my account is still unacessible, although you said server fixed.Is there any data loss? Thanks for the information...

This is a great news, that the HDD is being replaced, now we can make sure that the our site is accessible at all time .Thanks Opaque and that was really fast :lol:

By the looks of it everythign is fixed because I was able to access my cpanel and log in to my ftp. and it's now 6 pm my time.

Thank you for the maintenance warning :lol:. Pardon my ignorance, but is the hard drive change responsible for the new look of the CPanel? Just curious .......

I can access the cpanel X and it seems as if everything is fine, but when i try accessing my homepage it says there are no files and the same thing occurs when i tried to access my file manager as well

And I can't even access my site :lol:

Well from what Watermonkey and I thought about earlier when a couple of people were having same problems others are having is that their could be a possibility that accounts could have been corrupted from the HDD exchange because 1 person had problems accessing their public_html folder and getting an error saying the folder is not there. From other accounts people are having problems accessing phpmyadmin, 404 errors and what not. Because of the mention of Disk failure from OpaQue's post this could be a possibility.Now assuming that is the case their could be a slight chance that websites could be deleted. But most likely everything has been save and not lost because of this HDD exchange.