xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jlhaslip

If Microsoft Built Cars... Could you imagine this?

Nice little story and all true.------------------------------For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way computers have enhanced our lives, read on.At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating:If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash........ twice a day.2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.Please share this with your friends who love - but sometimes hate - their computer!

lol, really funny. but its true. i especially like the airbags part: "are you sure"..

lol. i wonder where the blue screen of death fits it. but then again most xp users rarely encounter that anymore.bill gates needs to think before he says something. who knows what would be thrown back at him :P

This is so funny and so true. I hate Microsoft, I am moving onto Linux Ubuntu within a month or two.

I tried the beta of Vista, didn't like it at all apart from the graphics ofcourse but XGL still has better graphics than Windows. And I encountered the blue screen more and more after I installed XP, till Windows 2000 it was all fine. :P

hahaha, this is one of the funniest things I have ever seen, I am definitly sending this to my friends. Thank you very much for showing us this, it made my day. I hope you bring us more some time :P

This is brilliant but I think he left out the fact that with a Microsoft car it's 10 times more likely that it will get broken into than with say a Linux car. :P

Very funny! But it would probably be true. Microsoft makes many updates that require you to buy a whole new thing which you really shouldn't have to. But it would be really cool to see if a car company ever built a car with Microsoft technology.

Lol, this is really really funny. I wonder how Bill gates must have felt, I wonder if he will think before he speaks next time. Lol.

hahaha, if microsoft did build cars that is excatly what would happen. Microsoft isn't really good at computers, even though they make the most and more money, but mac and linux are coming up to the standard that windows had and maybe oneday microsoft does make a car, a good car and not like what you said

Sheer brilliance, you say they actually released that? If so gates got a rinsing!!!good to see some companies have a sense of humour.

I showed my boss this. She says you're missing a comma on number 10. :lol:Very funny though.

Is there one about if linux made cars? That probably wouldn't be funny but I guaranatee that if they did their cars would be much more reliable then Mictosofts and better than MAcs's. SOmebody should post one about Linux, or maybe I will make one?Actually I probabbly wont as you can tell i am not funny at all