xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloHelp

Trap17 Graphics Forum Skin

This is Graphite Dist skin set that would be applied to GFXTrap.com Forum only.

One interesting thing about this skin is that the usual Navigation Bar is now set as "COLLAPSE MENU" and "EXPAND MENU." The default navigation bar menu will be shown to the left of the forum. It will have the basic jump links, unlike the main board's detailed dropdown menus.

Please comment on look and feel of this skin. Again, this will be applied only to Graphics sections.

Also PM or report any bugs.

Things to do:

show Similar Topics and Latest Activity posts

change logo

work on shoutbox visibility

That's cool that you can have different skins for different sections. But i personally am not fond of dark layouts like these—they're too.. dark. :P The hosted member's user names in the shout box are hard on the eyes. Are we allowed to suggest skins? This skin does seem a bit fitting for a GFX forum, though.The insignias stand out quite well in this skin.

Unless OpaQue sees that it's unnecessary, you may suggest skins that fits GFX section.CrazyRob was developing some graphics skin themes. I installed this skin to show how each section can have different skins. This was available from v2.1.x but I was told to wait until the forum's next major upgrade.As long as skin can be loaded fast I will take all suggestions. As you can see, even this Graphite loads slow compare to what the author claimed. Since I'm not even sure if this skin would serve as the final skin for GFX section I will not modify it much further. Just wanted to give you an idea. But the dark background does suit better for graphics feeling and easy insignia identification.

You are working on the banner and stuff so it's okay but I personally didn't like this theme, I am for dark themes, but this one, for some weird reason, no. And this skin is WAY SLOW when it comes to loading on dial-up connections. :P And the text is white, and there is TOO much white upon this dark theme which for me makes it looks somewhat messy. The graphics stand out well but I think you should give a try to some more themes.

http://skins.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/7388/size/lg

This one looks nicegood color schemeand doesn't take long to load up on my side.

I like it too, and it takes lesser time to load than the current theme. Especially the color scheme, and I guess graphics and insignias will suit on that one too. But I have found this one thing that our signatures looks better with the old theme. :P

I love this theme, although, as has been addressed before, it does take some time to load initially.

Although I don't like the look of the theme that truefusion suggested as much, I prefer that one because it loads so much more quickly.

I also like this one but there is no demo link:

http://skins.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/7284

And the smilies look borked on this skin. They need to be clean up around the edges and borders made transparent, or something.

You might be able to have different smilies with different skins. If you can, then I've found two smiley sets designed for dark backgrounds.

Set 1: Link Posted Image <-- Test

Set 2: Link Posted Image <-- Test

Look any better?

i'd still prefer the default template. :P my eyes hurt with dark backgrounds. and i may end up cross-eyed reading stuff in this section :( isn't there a drop-down option to be able to choose an alternate (ie, default) on a user-to-user basis? i remember we have this somewhere at the end of the page when we're having shoutbox issues before. not a priority issue for me though at this time, since this skin is not yet final anyway. :(

This template is not the final choice since the expand/collapse menu is starting to bug some members. I do enjoy the darker theme but perhaps not this dark. Keep those suggestions coming. I'm sure we'll find something suitable someday. Or, someone can create customized skin using similar theme to this one *caugh* CrazyrobHey, I am testing out this new skin with Firefox and man it's loading really fast with DSL connection. Can anyone else confirm the loading speed using FF? Opera is opening this forum with new skin faster than Internet Explorer.Oh rats! We may have another incompatibility to deal with...

The look is good. But pngs as forum images not a good idea if you want transparency. Use GIF for transparencies. The colors are good, but the shoutbox needs to be updated as the colors look funny.

Dark skins are out for profession gfx sites you want something on the lighter side with dark color gradients for title bars and what not.

Dark skins are mostly for gaming/clan sites.

Whats funny that this skin got an upgrade from it's 2.0 days.

http://www.ipsfocus.com/portfolio/IPBFS.png
http://www.ipsfocus.com/portfolio/IdahoTalks.png
http://www.ipsfocus.com/portfolio/SurrealDesigns.png
http://www.ipsfocus.com/portfolio/TutorialFxv3.png

those are professional looking skins.

I would suggest using the colors of the new gfx tab the dark orange and the grey.

Skin for GFX section will be on hold until another forum upgrade is complete. In the mean time keep those suggestions coming. I finally have the full go ahead from the head master :PBy the way, don't limit yourself of what IS and ISN'T a particular GFX look. If it's something you guys want simply suggest with your best reasoning. There's is no set color theme that says, 'ah now THIS is a true graphics scheme.'