xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sinthetix

Annoyed(already)

Hello. I'm pretty annoyed right now. One of the moderators took it upon themselves to PM me about me signing my own post as improper or 'frowned' upon here at Xisto. I've managed/ran plenty of things both online and offline. From million dollar stores to high traffic bash boards. Never in all my time have I ever seen someone to be so rude as to pick out a brand new person and suggest to them something so trivial on their first day. Did it ever occur to you that I haven't even touched my profile yet? The account is band new. If you are a moderator, surely there is something you can be doing that would be more valuable with your time. If there isn't, there are too many moderators because that is just looking for something to do. Seriously, has anyone else been critiqued for something so trivial within hours of their first couple of posts on a forum? I'm not *BLEEP*ing so to speak, I'm just offended. I can't believe someone would truly waste not only my time but their time with something so meaningless. If you had possibly ten seconds to look at my first post you would have noticed I do lots with computers, did it ever occur to you that a Forum isn't the most high end of technology to figure out? If I do a personal web/graphic design business, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say I know a thing or two about forums, of any type. So before you go around insulting people's intelligence with trivial matters, why don't you take a second or two to figure out who you are dealing with? I dropped a introductory post for myself simply for the fact to let people know that; I am here, I'm extremely literate, and that I dislike it when people do stupid things.PLEASE - If anyone doesn't gather a halfway decent sense of what I am into from my first post, please tell me.P.S. I have less then 10 posts. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out; A. the account is fairly new B. I have posts you can refer to ascertain the level of intelligence and quite possibly the interests of my life, I.E. Computers. C. That you can at least welcome someone before critiquing them like a tard. Anyone with half a grain of sense who can manage to validate a registration and come back and log in can manage working on their profile, even if their knowledge of the web is minimal I'm sure they can figure out how to add even a signature in time.If this post doesn't fly, so be it. It's just a post among thousands of other posts and I'm sure it doesn't matter much if it exists either way. I'm simply venting.

Notice from jlhaslip:
-Sinthetik Blasphemy (Yeah I signed again, I'll work on my pro some other time)Please read the following post for a simple explanation as to why this note is here.

Welcome to the Xisto Forums. Sorry you feel mis-treated, so perhaps a little History on the "sign-off" thing.

As you know by now, having read the - Xisto Readme - , the Forum uses a Credit system to award 'credits' for posts and the amount of 'credits' issued is based on several factors. One of the factors is 'character count' in a Posting or Topic.
By adding your signature to the end of the posting, the number of credits is increased compared to a similar posting by another member who does not 'sign-off' their posts.
Some time ago (about a year or so) the issuing of these verbal warnings began, and quite frankly, this is the first instance of such a furore over such a small thing as the signature inclusion. There are arguments both ways on this issue, but all we ask is that you please do not include the signature in your post, except in the signature block from your profile. There are instructions on adding your signature to the profile signature block in the Tutorial section. It is a small request from us.

Furthermore, as to the volunteer Moderators having something else to do; yes, all of us have other things to do, most of the time. The majority of the issues we deal with are actually a result of Members reporting to us any violations they see. The concept here is simple. We all wish to have a well managed, sensible, Forum to come to and share our information with others and have them share with us. The - Xisto Readme - guidelines are in place and effect to develop a Forum environment which is enjoyable by the majority of the members a majority of the time. If you feel the guidelines in effect are not suitable to you, then I wish you well in your continued search for the experience you seek.

You might also wish to review the - Board Rules - and perhaps gain some additional insight to this Forum and its management.

Enjoy the Forums. Thanks.

After reading the replies, and a PM or two from other staff on this topic I would like to say that I am sorry for this rant and anything else that spawned from it. I was wrong and I admit to this. If there is a way to take this post, and the post before it of mine off the 'post count' list could it please be done, or delete them actually. Which ever works. Either way, I'm sorry.

Well, we all have good days and bad days. Just mark it as one or the other and move on :POur community appreciates and respects all contribution made to our forum. So we do not practice deleting any post made by our members--unless they are spam. So if you do understand that we're keeping this topic available not to set this as an example, but to open the gate to fresh discussions to come it would be great.Thanks.

ur an idiot, if i had a match u would be on fire.

Notice from jlhaslip:

- Notice -

Flaming other members is not to be tolerated.

Please use the Signature Block of your Profile.

A warning has being registered against your account.

Link to posting:http://forums.xisto.com/topic/45778-annoyedalready/

And one-liners are considered SPAM.

XpLiCiT2, who are you calling an idiot ???the guy admitted he was wrong so why still calling him an idiot ??btw if that was your first post on this forum, i really don't wanna know what the next ones will besince they will probably contain nothing but flaming

XpLiCiT2,

You know nothing of me. Do not insult my intelligence. I'll let you in on a little secret. Some years ago my IQ was measured at 173. Mind you this was middle school. I'm 22 and well into the world. So my words to you are less flame more game.

Notice from jlhaslip:

- Notice -

Can we stop this before it gets any more advanced.

No more intimidating remarks from either of you, please and thanks.

Uh, yeah. I've only been on Xisto for a matter of months, but I know that here we don't insult people for no reason. Or at least, the only people we insult are non-members.sinthetix... Your IQ is 173!? That's uh, really interesting. Because you're the first person I've met [whose IQ I know] is higher than mine. :P

jlhaslip * If every other one of my posts has to be edited or slapped on the wrists I think I'll refrain from posting at all really. There was nothing much going on there just someone randomly saying something without thinking and he was then corrected by two other people that his actions were very much out of line. I think the life from his flame pretty much faded out after SniperKiller's post. Me personally I was defending myself, not starting an argument. So before we get labeled back to first grade with all these little slaps on the wrist indignantly by you or anyone for that matter, please keep in mind that some of us know when to stop.Cangor * No insults. Good plan. They are irrelevant and are unproductive. As for my intelligence quotient, that was back when I was in 7th grade in middle school. I tested higher a few years later by a psychologist. When I was in middle school I was tested by a school psychologist(I think the psychologist I had later in a private office was more professional then the retard I that tested me in middle school). Anyway, I quit high school in the 9th grade(second time around because I refused to take a standardized test that had material on it we never studied for in school, thus failing me for the year) and went on to a local college, took their GED test and passed third highest in the region. Then I went onto college and was even more bored with the even more mediocre instructors I found there and went on to do my own thing and here I sit.

I think the life from his flame pretty much faded out after SniperKiller's post.

That's 'cause the user's posting ability was disabled as of this morning. :P

That's 'cause the user's posting ability was disabled as of this morning. :P

Lmao! Well Damn. That could have an effect on it too.

By the way, I've read through alot of the articles posted up by the administration of this nice place. And I must say I'm very impressed. Especially with the Unlimited bandwidth article. :( The one where one of the Admins basically spells it out how this site works and everything for those who think they need unlimited bw. I like it here. :(

XpLiCiT2,

You know nothing of me. Do not insult my intelligence. I'll let you in on a little secret. Some years ago my IQ was measured at 173. Mind you this was middle school. I'm 22 and well into the world. So my words to you are less flame more game.

Notice from jlhaslip:

- Notice -

Can we stop this before it gets any more advanced.

No more intimidating remarks from either of you, please and thanks.

Uh... Just a word of advice here: Don't go around quoting your middle-school IQ, you're just inviting flames and irritating the rest of us. Further, you might consider getting your intelligence re-tested as the test for someone in middle school is quite different from what you'll see today. If you're truly that genius, then pick up where Einstein left off and come up with the unified theory already!

Admin: There should be a rule: No quoting IQs! :P

I hope we've all come to an understanding here. None of us moderators are trying to make someone feel "stupid" or "abused", with "small rules". But as haslip stated it's a rule because it is a cheapo way of getting hosting credits. There are actually very few moderators to members ratio. So we are quite busy at times.. We have free-time, and "better" things to do. We're all volenteer's here, and so we come and go when we can.Updating your profile RIGHT when you sign is, isn't the most important thing ever, but reading our TOS BEFORE you even sign up, is the MOST important thing ever.Oh, ha, the unlimited bw topic. Ya, it's totally unnessicary. I've been hosting on Xisto well over a year, and I don't even use 2-4GB's a month. So there's plenty, that's for sure.Enjoy your stay, hopefully you're not to angered to do so.

Well it looks like you seem happier with this place now. You will learn that you first couple posts will be heavily criticized by admins and moderators. They want to make sure that you understand the rules early and don't make mistakes later. Believe it or not, even I have been warned before (it was my first or second post). As you get more posts and talk to the moderators and admins more, you'll realize that they are very nice people(ok, maybe I'm sucking up a little bit :P). They seem to be a little bit looser with what you post because they develop a trust in you. Now I'm not a moderator, but that's just what I've seen happen with me and others. So have fun here and obey the rules!