xisto Community
JDameron91

Suicide

I gotta agree with Buffalo on this. Sorta. Thinking of suicide is common for a simple reason: It's natural!Why do we think about romance, sex love? Why do we lust for the opposite gender? Why do we think? Thats just how we're builtwhen we think, we explore our thoughts to find what seems ajar there. One factor is SuicideWhy else would you think about it? Look at it for a second, there is no true answer really, its a part of life and, theres a reason to it. It leaves so many questions for you to answerit's a part of life, just go with it

Thinking about suicide as a passing thought and actually planning it out in your mind are quite different though.Then taking it to the next step is again another thing entirely.Before people actually carry out suicide, they will probably do a dummy run as it were, if this has happened. Perhaps cutting themselves for example or hitting themselves or other ways of hurting themselves. These people usually want to be helped.Talking to a friend about feeling suicidal is another call for help. Just talk to them about what exactly they mean, what have they thought, what have they done. Perhaps point them in the direction of a professional. There are plenty of places that are trained to deal with people that are truely suicidal.

Hi everyone. :lol:
I was just thinking about suicide, no, not commiting it. Because my friend is always talking about killing himself. I was just curious to see if any of you had any ideas of what I can/should say to him to help him, without making it worse. He has been speaking of it more and more lately and I'm just a little bit worried. :(

Thank you all for you help. :lol:

Hi,

The first thing you have to do is find out the reason why he is so depressed and when you do just keep encouraging him to move forward rather than warning him or telling him that he should not die, tell him that you would miss him and the fact that it would be pointless if he died and there are people who love him and need him.

If he ever tells a secret then encourage him more, let him know that there is someone whom he can trust. If a suicidal person realises that there is someone for him make him live for you if not for himself but first get him to try to live for himself.

Remember a person who feels like giving up on life is when they are lonely, unloved, insecure or sometimes misinterpreting messages.

I have seen people who threaten suicide coz they want attention or to TEST you. Man they are freaky.

A teacher of mine had told me once that only weak willed people commit suicide and that the true test of life is to overcome hurdles of negativity,

So Just remember one thing find out the reason and yo and his other close trstful friends must supply with what is deficient in him whether it is love or understanding or plain attention.

Remember a suicidal person needs somebody to love him.

Cheers, Best of luck

Suicide is a long term solution to a short term problem. Usually.

That's the mindset that got me past my most recent [a week ago] suicidal thoughts. It came close this time too...I was off looking up ways to do it without much pain/effort...
It's a nasty thing once it consumes your mind.

Good advice has already been given. It is like it is said: be with the guy and make let him know that you are there for him. Remind him of good things in his life.

Hi everyone. :lol:
I was just thinking about suicide, no, not commiting it. Because my friend is always talking about killing himself. I was just curious to see if any of you had any ideas of what I can/should say to him to help him, without making it worse. He has been speaking of it more and more lately and I'm just a little bit worried. :(

Thank you all for you help. :lol:

Show your friend how much he/she means to you by taking him/her out someplace that he/she likes. Sometimes people think of committing suicide because they feel unloved. Has this person suffered any form of trauma? (The loss of a boy/girlfriend can be a big cause. Being told that s/he is ugly can cause this too.)

He is not doing something good in the eyes of the human world and the almighty supreme creator, god. Life is given and taken by god and god only and should not be falling into the hands of satan. God has given death so that you can enjoy the part of it and plus life is all a test you have your ups and your downs. Tell your friend not to commit suicide as it is only the beginning and tell him to think about what will happen next when you meet your angry maker.

suicide is commited by ONLY 2 kinds of people...one too cowardly to face life and the other who are throught exploring mortal realms and wanna expand further........which category does your friend fall in????frankly,i dont mind dying,hech,iv seev a lot of this planet,time to move on now,,,but some arrears need to be fulfilled.....

Many people are quick to judge someone that is suicidal as someone seeking attention well truth is they are, but not anymore than some one going to the doctors with an illnes and needing help. You see suicide sometimes seems the only way out of pain and hurt and though i'd never recommend anyone to do it. We need to realise that suicide or the constant thinking of commiting it and telling someone about it is a cry for help. Usually it is triggered by a strong sense of loss. I.e divorce, death and break ups. In life most people continue living because they feel needed. They feel like someone cant or wouldnt cope with otu them. Before you argue I want you to realise that we all breathe but few of us realise that until we run out of air. its one of those feelings we take for granted because they are always there and never questioned. While growing up we feel needed by our parents and they constantly show us love and care which we translate as being needed. because when someone goes out of ther way to do sumthing for you it means you must be valuable to them. So usually when you grow up your wife/husband and children become the people you live for and if during the process all these people were taken away - yes you would loose the will to live because you start feeling like you dont matter and you get tired of feeling *BLEEP* then before long if no one shows you your needed you then get suicidal cause you feel you have no purpose in life. Thats why most people will say I wanted to kill my self then I thought bout my children then I didnt. Thats because they suddenly realise they were needed by someone. The best you can do is be there for your friend and dont tell lies saying you understand what his going through cause that only sounds patronising but just hang out with him and go to places you two used to have fun and tell your frined you can never find someone who will be quite like him and ho had it will be if he werent there anymore. Slowly give him the feeling of being wanted and being special and over time he will realise theres someone that needs him too and that wont be taken away from him.

reading this topic one incident came to my mind. i would like to share it with you. it may be helpful to handle people with suicide feelings in their mind. there was one senior in our college IT department. his name was Ajan. one day he committed suicide in his hostel room in our college. we were very shocked to hear that. because he was such a good boy with high marks and good name with all the teachers in our college. he hanged himself to death. on looking into the case it was found out that he was in an affair with a girl. the previous night that girl had called this guy and they had a fight. just for the sake of that fight, he hanged himself. when i heard this felt really bad. its really stupid of guys doing suicide for a break in a relationship with a girl. it seams that that morning that guy had gone to a sir and told the sir that he wanted to speak to him. but since sir was very busy readying up to go to college he asked to come in the evening. but this tragedy happened that afternoon. had that sir, talk to him this incident could have avoided. so, we should always be for our friends when they r in need else will be risking t loose our friend. u have a lot of lessons to learn from this incident....

Honestly, (Sorry parents this may scare you)I don't honestly know a single person who hasn't deeply considered it or have tried to do it. I am opening admiting i have. My friends will also openly admit it, the reason i am able to is because yes i had my low, but i was able to make it out. I have been there and i know that having someone you know will still like you and be your friend. even if they did try to kill themselfs, it really helps. It helps to have a oulet. All my friends call me when they are considering it becaiuse everyone knows that i have been there, i am glad they do, since i started telling people i havent lost a single friend.I am in no way ashamed of this, if you were honest with your self i am pretty sure you have wanted to and have considered it.But anyways if anyone is threating it be there for them, theres a reason for it and see if you can find it out and try to help.- JohnSorry parents but it is true

Edited by bcdragon (see edit history)

Suicide is scary, it struck my mind (as much as we all know EVERYONE has thought about it).It was a few years ago (or maybe 1-2 to be exact) I went through a lot of *BLEEP* at school, people calling me stuff for no reason, spreading rumors about me and making up lame jokes, even sometimes trying to beat me up (aka Physically push me to a limit).These people - I hope they one day DIE of the (whatever) worst possible way to die!! :XD:I don't know what stopped me from killing myself then... NO ONE stood up for me, maybe a few blokes at school were saying "just ignore them, man. they're losers anyway." or that ONE TIME I remember a guy in my paralell class stood up and started hitting the guy who attacked me (again - for no reason, but the thing is - Someone stood up for me!).*Sigh* So I took the smallest / ONLY memories I had of people who would actually give a *BLEEP* about me and that kept me from doing whatever first sucidal thought flew into my mind.Also - I know my parents and siblings would be crushed and i'd ruin their lives too...So don't give in! Just ignore them, and try to fit in other places. It sucks - May the BULLIES DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH!! :)

Suicide is a long term solution to a short term problem. Usually.

it is very true but even God forbide it those that commit it will be burnt in hell fire so i dont advise any one to commit sucide some countrys even forbide it and punish the coursp ofthe individual who did it

Hi everyone. :D
I was just thinking about suicide, no, not commiting it. Because my friend is always talking about killing himself. I was just curious to see if any of you had any ideas of what I can/should say to him to help him, without making it worse. He has been speaking of it more and more lately and I'm just a little bit worried. :P

Thank you all for you help. :D

well ive had many friends think about doing the same, thing and my suggestion to you is to talk to them, make sure that
they are aware, that YOU are there for them, they are eather

a.feel like life is not getting any better... ready to give up
b.feel alone
c.something happened that is bothering them
d.someone is tormenting them
e.etc etc

just be there for them, show them how good life is/can be, make them laugh, do something, even scream at them if you have to
tell them that:

"Suicide is final once it's done, theres no changing your mind.

You can always kill yourself later, why not wait? Even if you wait just one day, you may find a reason not to kill yourself in the meantime.

Consider this if youre trying to escape from the pain you are in and seek relief, suicide is not the answer. You cannot feel relief, or anything else for that matter, if you are dead. You must stay alive in order to feel the relief you seek.

By terminating your life right now, you terminate your future. Consider this we create our own future. You have the power to create whatever future you wish for yourself. But you need to be alive in order to have that future.

f youre sensitive enough to be in so much pain that you no longer want to live, youre probably sensitive enough to care about, and want to help others. Maybe you dont feel like helping anyone else right now, but why not help yourself? And perhaps by not killing yourself and overcoming your difficulties you can later help someone else who is in a similar situation."

and lastly, make them think about all the people who do believe them, and care, grandparents, parents, friends, little siblings
and wat not, DEATH is not the answer! anyone reading this

PLEASE HELP STOP SUICIDE

PLEASE HELP STOP SUICIDE

PLEASE HELP STOP SUICIDE

PLEASE HELP STOP SUICIDE

/giselle

I've actually considered suicide.I didn't do it for attention because I hated attention. I don't usually talk about things because I don't like burdening people with my problems that only I can make a difference in. I started thinking about suicide because I was super-hard on myself. And it took being in the army as an armorer with an M9 Beretta and a full magazine of 9mm rounds sitting on my desk to realize that I was going too far on being harsh on myself.People think of suicide for different reasons. I, almost being stereotypically Asian, was ashamed of myself and of my failures and mistakes. I was always striving for excellence, for perfection. It took me a while, but I finally had the self-realization that suicide was a stupid answer and a coward's way out of the problems that were bothering me.A lot of people just feel like they don't have anything to live for because of the events happening around them. There's no real way to really help anyone but to help them help themselves. Once you convince that person that things happen, it's normal to feel the way he or she feels, and that the future can bring in possible relief but suicide will prevent you from ever knowing, I think that one may recuperate and continue to live life.There's always a way around things. Soldiers come back from Iraq. Those that don't gave their lives for something noble, and your friend should rest assured that he or she can be proud of that. Relationships come and go. It sucks, but everyone finds someone eventually. Patience is a virtue most overlooked. (Heck, even I'm tired of waiting, but I'll wait even longer if it turns out to be worth the wait.) There are literally TONS of people to meet in one's lifetime as there are fish in the sea. I hate using cliche answers, and everyone hates them, but it's usually the way to make an analogous answer that will hopefully help someone realize the bigger picture, that life is worth living.The best thing that you can do, though, is LISTEN. I'm sure you knew that by now, though. Be an outlet for him or her to vent. "Understand" what he or she is going through and sympathize.I hope your friend comes out of the rut.