xisto Community
OpaQue

Qupis : Free Hosting With Php, Mysql, Cpanel. (one Line Text Ad At Bottom) a member of Xisto

You didn't posted the line which said "active" in it. This will make us hard to understand what you are pointing at. If it's related to active for server. Then it is related to downtime. If you read related to ports like FTP etc, then active means they're working. And if you're asking for "Active" as in participation here on Xisto for qupis hosting. Then NO, you don't need that. Qupis is not post2host service. You get free cpanel based hosting but with catch that it requires link at the bottom of your page. You've to post and quote the line before we can help you understand the context for that.

sorry, it's this sentence in the registration page :\

SIGN-UP ( IMPORTANT )

We are investing a LOT of Funds for the maintenance of CPANEL based Free Web Hosting accounts. We request users to use our resources only for *ACTIVE* Websites. By the word "ACTIVE", we mean good websites with content and information.

so, i think qupis should have some kind of categories so they can say the website is active (such as traffic, pageviews, or whatever) so it can be accepted to be hosted with their rules :P Edited by FouGilang (see edit history)

I think there is some misunderstanding from that text posted over there.( i can understand even i got puzzled). Active websites means more like there should be some activity in page. (Like blog,company website, portfolio etc). There are some people who open website with affiliate marketing links and they leave the host, so such sites are inactive one. You can say they just park their spam and advertised stuff. And such sites rarely continue and update with content and useful information. So In my opinion, qupis text means such "inactivity". Yes they should mention about pageviews, traffic and other stuff that shows their criteria for active account.