xisto Community
Dagoth Nereviar

How Safe Are Condoms? Even if they break?

Ahhh, thank you very much gaea :D I have another two questions though :D (this topic is growing my knowledge, and it wants mooore :P!)1) Does the female pill make you put on weight?2) I heard there's a male pill, it sounds new, so do they know of the side effects? If so, what are they?Thanks in advanced :P

In my opinion anything under 100% safe is 0% safe. I think in a heterosexual sexual experience the girl should be using the pill and the guy should wear a condom, the pill for pregnancy protection, and the condom for both pregnancy protection and STD protection. You should also always ask your partner if they are using the pill, and make sure the condom is on correctly before beginning because its better to be the safest then sorry. As for me i always use a condom, i didn't always but for the past two years i have because its safer and i do care a lot more now. Condoms really are only as good as the person who is using them, that is saying if the condom isn't broken or defected. I think condoms are only like 85% safe... so really the best is to not have sex, but if you must just be careful, and never use the same condom twice, even if you didn't actually ejaculate.

Ahhh, thank you very much gaea :P I have another two questions though :D (this topic is growing my knowledge, and it wants mooore :D !)

1) Does the female pill make you put on weight?

2) I heard there's a male pill, it sounds new, so do they know of the side effects? If so, what are they?

Thanks in advanced :P

Happy to help. :D

1) The answer to this, in most cases, is not significantly. Roughly 60% of women report no side effects at all, and the vast majority of those who do have only minor issues. That being said, the real answer depends on the individual and the medication. As previously mentioned Ortho tri-cyclen Lo has the lowest chance of side effects (meaning that weight gain is mostly unheard of). It's also worth mentioning that the pill may increase a woman's breast size...which may or may not be a good thing depending on your taste :P

2) These medications are still very very new. As such, they should still be considered research drugs. While scientists may have a good idea of the short-term side effects, they've yet to conduct any studies dealing with prolonged exposure. Meaning that there is definitely a possibility that taking it for years may cause medical problems including infertility or other medical complications. Simply put, I personally definitely would not risk it. Then again, I'm positive that I'm going want to have kids in another ten years or so.

Is the male pill even available yet? I was under the impression you could only get it if you agreed to be a labrat for the scientific community. :D The female pill can have some side effects like weight gain and moodiness, but the low-estrogen ones do seem to be the best, and most problems can be corrected by changing which one you're on. If your partner smokes though, she might want to consider quitting because smoking+the pill can up your risk for heart attacks by more than if she was just smoking (no worries if she doesn't smoke).Also to the person who was scared about the HIV-pores thing... while the HIV virus is more than small enough to get through the holes, scientific tests show its way safer to use a condom than not (for preventing AIDS). My point was just that condoms aren't 100% foolproof, even when they pass all the factory tests, are stored properly and used correctly, not that they're useless. So while its pretty unsafe to be sleeping with lots of people (especially not knowing their histories), its still far better to be using a condom than not. :P

Happy to help. :P

1) The answer to this, in most cases, is not significantly.....

2) These medications are still very very new.......

Once again Gaea, thank you very much for your help :D

I thought that the side effect of weight increase would differ depending on the pill :P

I looked up the male pill on the internet and it did sound quite new, so I'm iffy about it. :D

The female pill can have some side effects like weight gain and moodiness, but the low-estrogen ones do seem to be the best, and most problems can be corrected by changing which one you're on.

Thank you too Yvette :P As I said above, I thought it would probably differ depending on the pill.

are condoms that unsafe,i thought that they are really safe and good,but really it too wierd that the stats go to even 30% if used unproperly ,but isnt a better prevention could be not to do sex with strangers and with partners do with condom.this stuff is really scary maybe thats the reason a lot of awarness has to be brought to public about these issues ,so aida become a history ,but i dont think its happening any time soon

are condoms that unsafe,i thought that they are really safe and good,but really it too wierd that the stats go to even 30% if used unproperly ,but isnt a better prevention could be not to do sex with strangers and with partners do with condom.this stuff is really scary maybe thats the reason a lot of awarness has to be brought to public about these issues ,so aida become a history ,but i dont think its happening any time soon

It appears so...But to get 30% that's like, ripping the package open and ripping the condom :( Or squishing them/messing around with them. I guess the safest way is a mix of condom and the pill.

Another question :(:P

How long do you have to be on the pill for it to work? Say you want to use it for just one night or something, would you take it just that day? Or would it be like a week before and a week after?

Well some people have a dozen of ways not to get pregnet but each of those has a percentage below 100% They will not always work the other effective way of this is not doing it at all. It is the only way. You cannot go any other way and expect the same result there will always be some sort of risk. :)

What if a condom breaks at the bottom where the ring is

How Safe Are Condoms?

The condom my bf and I were using broke at the ring part where you put it on from and when he pulled out his cum was still in it... So we decided to take the morning after pill what I want to know what are the chances of getting an std ...

-reply by sag111