xisto Community
Iceblade

What's Your First System?

My first ever Console was a PlayStation 2. :( I used to play it all the time, before I got the Internet on my PC, and now I play PC games :(I used to also have, a PlayStation, a Nintendo 64 console too. I can still remember, I was on the 3 last missions on GoldenEye 007, and I couldn't do it at all...so I got some cheats :D However that messed my saved profile of the game up, on my Memory Card, so I had to re-do the entire game from mission one. :(I am quite good at games with Action/Violence, and stuff. Games with weapons, action adventures, and games like Grand Theft Auto. :)007 was my favourite game back then...but then I played other games like Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, San Andreas and Liberty City. I completed them all within 4 days, of-course I did not have much I had to do back then. :(Old times are good, sometimes bad in some cases. :)How about anyone else? Does everyone/anyone have any favourite games they liked to play best? :(-Sky

Posted Image [Posted ImagePosted Image

RCA Studio III: Well, for me it started with the RCA Studio III, similar to the one pictured above left. Yeah, we used to play tennis and golf on it, in black and white chunky graphics. We had analog paddles to move the stick figures up and down the screen, batting the square "ball" from side to side across the screen.

Atari 2600: The RCA Studio III was soon replaced with an Atari 2600, like the picture above middle, with 128 colors and a cartridge slot to take new games, instead of being limited to the in-built games of the RCA Studio III (for which buying the cartridges was way too expensive!) My favorite game in those days was PacMan (of course, what else?!) but I also enjoyed Frogger and Galaxian.

Atari 600XL: But later I got my own system, as the other two were owned by my family. My first gaming platform of my own was the Atari 600XL, with a couple of joysticks, a couple of paddles, and a cassette drive. I typed in many computer games from the computer magazines "Antic" and "Analog", learning Atari BASIC and 6502 machine code in the process.

Atari 800XL: Keeping the peripherals, I replaced the main system itself with my pride and joy, an Atari 800XL, like the picture on the right, but with two external 5.25" floppy disk drives. I also added some more peripherals, including a graphics plotter, a dot-matrix printer, and a touch-tablet. But I think the best thing I ever added to it was two more old joysticks. By this stage I had learned about accessing memory locations directly. These last two joysticks I liberated from their cables and chucked them in a box somewhere. It was the cables that I was after! These were soon masterfully soldered onto a veroboard, along with a selection of diodes, resisters, and 240v relays. Using the memory access techniques I had learned, including how to turn the joystick inputs into outputs, I was able to craft a 240v controller system out of my Atari 800XL computer, and I wrote a timer program in Atari BASIC to control mains voltage devices using the computer, including the heater, electric kettle, toaster, etc. All this was run from my Atari 800XL through the veroboard joystick interface I had fashioned. I did use the Atari 800XL to play games as well, and my favorites in those days were Dandy, M.U.L.E., and Alternate Reality.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, the picture on the left doesn't really look anything like the RCA Studio III at all. But it was the only picture that I could find with that name listed in Google that looked anything like a gaming console. Edited by travstatesmen (see edit history)

My first system was the SNES, which I played Super Mario World on *good times*.Then it goes in this order if consoles after that: (ordered of obtainment)SNESGameboy ColourNintendo 64PSXXboxStarted to play Half Life 1 on PC, loved this, but still played XboxThen I played Half-Life 2 on PC and I haven't looked back at a console since.I've been playing Source games, modding source games, and playing some other computer games since.PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii can go get lost :)

My first system was an Atari 2600. I remember staying up long nights with my best friend playing astroids all night long. We would take turns when one got tired. We got so far on that game taking turns that we took a picture of our score and were going to send it to atari but I don't think we ever mailed it. Boy I wish I could find that polorid picture now. I also used to play a game called 'adventure'. I loved that game so much but then my dad got rid of it because I knew all the catacombs. Boy was I mad. My first pc was an apple IIc where I spent hours playing a game called 'warriors of the wasteland'. Wish I could find that game again.

I've been playing games for a long time. My first system was the Atari 2600. The joystick had only one button. The next system I owned was an Intellivision. Pretty cool system, it came with an adaptor that would talk to you and faceplates for the controllers. I then got a collicovision, I think thats how you spell it. This system came packed with donkey kong, need I say more? It then took over 6 yrs for me to by my next system it was the nintendo with the robot and the gun. As awesome as I that that system was, the Sega Master System seemed to have better graphics. I sold my Nintendo and bought it. From there the Sega Genesis came out. The real birth of Madden football. I kept that system for a long time. I even bought the Sega-CD attachment(waste of money). Soon after Genesis, then came Super Nintendo. My favorite game on that system had to be Super Knock Out. Since I felt like I got burnt on the Sega-CD, I skipped the Sega Saturn, good thing I did, the Sony Playstation came out and it rocked. Then the N64 came out. It was a lot of fun, but didn't have all the bells and whistles that Sony had. I then made the jump to PC, it was only system that allowed me to play online, or via modem I should say. I wanted to get back to console, but just could not because the graphics were better on PC. Finally the Sega Dreamcast came out. It had some pretty good games, but I had already formed an attachment to my PC. Playstation 2 came out, but I bypassed it. The graphics were equal to but not better than PC and it didn't have any form of online capabilities at first. I missed out on a lot of good games. I did get a Playstation later, but only when I got it used and modded. Then came the system that changed my life forever. The Xbox was the best console out at the time, but support for it was not that great. Playing Halo over Xlink was the shiz though. That was before Xbox Live came out. I actually skipped Xbox Live on the first Xbox because I had my system modded and banned. I then bought a gamecube, but that was only good for a few games. Resident Evil 4 was one of them. Then came Xbox 360 and I haven't looked back since. I already sold my PS3 (garbage) and my Wii(kid garbage).

I belive the Sega Genesis was my first system. I remember the Sega channel. Man that was awesome. So many games to chose from. I remember the day they ended the Sega Channel because I was soooo mad. Great system. I still have it but I don't think it works.

I think the PS1 was my first system. It was either that or the computer but I am pretty sure that it was the PS1. The first game I got for it was Crash Bandicoot (something). I don't remember what version it was but it was fun at the time. Right now, there are games with better gameplay and graphics.

The Nintendo 64! Those were the days. ^^ I'm pretty sure my older brother sold it not too long ago though... My favorite games were Mario Party and Starfox, but I didn't really play much. I was really young so I would just watch my brother play the games. :)My favorite game from that system now is probably Quest 64.

My first system was Tetris, that is the first gaming console that i have. I was playing all day and night but it was getting me boored by tetris and my parents bought me some chinese version of nintendo and i started to play the games like Mario,Galaxy,Bomberman etc. I filled my time. :P

My first system was an Atari 2600, here is the link to it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_2600

But at the same time my brother had a ZX Spectrum 48kb later 128kb, it had a keyboard and etc. :P

I remember a lot of games we played on it :D

Later we got an Amiga 500+ and a year later an Amiga 1200 with a hard disk drive and etc. it was something very good at my country at those years, when everyone played with NES :P