xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mayank

Never Join Any Traffic Generation Program!

i agree with half of the argument. traffic generating programs are not the best method to generate traffic, but they still work :) i've only belonged to two (instant buzz and traffic swarm) and the both were succesfull campaigns. the problem already noted is that you recieve credits the more pages you view or visit. others do the same which in turn is hard to convert the traffic in to people viewing your page for over a minute. secret is to have an eye catching page. some people create doorway pages with these traffic generating programs because their home page will never be as catchy as a doorway page. so with with these programs, there is more work to create an eye grabbing page to keep a user on your site for more than a minute. yes, it's a lot of work at first because most of the programs include an mlm concept in how to distribute credits. you will get the most credits NOT by manually surfing, but what the other people below you do so you have to build an organization within the traffic generating program AND concentrate on the page you want everyone viewing.now once in a while, you will get a few people who stay on your page because they are interested in what they saw for the 30 seconds or so. these are the people you target. i'd say about 1% will stay longer than required. if you have a 5% conversion rate, then you will need to drive approximately 2,000 people from these traffic generating programs to make 1 sale. now from experience, this adds up depending on how much you are selling your product for. if you're selling it for $5, then it is probably not worth it. if selling something for $50, it may be worth it to ya. anything over that should definately be worth it. why?because after i had a downline, everything was automatic with very little work. i was averaging a couple thousand page views a day and was making about .75 sales every day. if you do the #'s, there is an average of 30 days in a month. if you are selling a product for $50 then you would gross $1500-the cost of the product as profit in 1 month.so i am telling you that traffic generating programs DEFINATELY work. BUT!!! and a big BUT!!! they will not work if you don't put a fulltime effort in to them in the beginning which includes always contacting your downline to surf for credits(at least 100 a day). people who quit after 3 months will not see a big difference. people who are persistant and dedicated and don't quit after that usually are the ones succeeding. it takes about 6 months of dedicated fulltime work to promote and that's with ANY business anyway. how long did it take you to create your website? how much time do you put in to updating it? hand submitting to the major search engines and how much time is it taking you to make it search engine friendly? fact is, you spent a whole HECK of a lot of time and work if your doing it right. that's the amount of time needed to market it in other places. traffic generating programs is one area and that's the topic here.so i agree. if you quit after a month or two, i agree. they don't work and will not work. but i disagree if your dedicated and do it right. my personal example was 2 years ago or so and took me a year or so before that to work on my own system that would work in my case.i have let things go extremely in the past year or so but i can't believe things have changed so much that they don't work. everyone is still using them. i was bringing in over $1,000 a month just from 2 traffic generating programs. one program showed 1 page of my website and the other just places a one line ad that people had to click to see my page. both worked. at at first, but in the long run they did.now people who want to tell me they don't work are quiters or people who didn't have enough time to run a business or people who didn't know how to go about marketing it correctly. either way, they quit and now telling people it doesn't workso let me ask a question. do you take the advice of quiters your whole life or take the advice of people who succeeded? let me go further. do you take the advice of the people who succeeded or do you dedicate a year to be the best you can be and see for your only self with a WINNER mentality? if you want it bad enough, you can accomplish just about anything. you are only limited to how you limit your own self. this is good advice in every day life as well. take it. it WORKS!

Just as everyone else is saying, Traffic ganeration/One:One to traffic exchange is terrible, Unless you have an ATTRACTIVE WEBSITE, and even then its not great.I use easy hits 4 u in my spare time and 2:1000 Of the people who view it stay active on the website ( because my main page isnt unattractive ) Make your website attractive, helpful, or entertaining and traffic will come.If you want to affiliate Send me a message with your URL

Like some who have mentioned, it is always better to let the contents to attract the traffic rather than joining those program. You might have traffic coming to your site but at the end of the days if those traffic are an one-off, there is no benefits for it.

I'm completely agree with you guys. Traffic generation is scrap and is not real traffic. Its really beautiful on stats website because you have a high number of visits, however the average bounce rate for this type of traffic is 99.999%. Thats means everything. This is fake traffic!

You guys resurrected a topic over 2 years old...Anyways, the purpose of traffic generating sites back then was for CPM ads. CPM is very rare now but at one point you could put 5-6 programs on one page generating $5-6 CPM each (meaning $30+ for every 1000 visitors).And this was with 0 clicks. CPM is by impression, or flat out "If 1000 visitors see this page you will earn $X"They are rare now (if you even find one) since they are not as efficient as CPC ads (cost per click).

I never knew that lots of visitors take up your bandwidth... I'll never join those sites then...I only want visitors that actually visit, not random people that click, look and then go away...Of course, if you were looking to sell your domain name and want to generate fake traffic to look good on traffic sites, then it's a different matter...

Joining traffic exchange programs never actually helps because the number of people who will genuinely be interested in your website will be very few. Most of them, and maybe even you (when viewing others' websites) would probably just feel bored and will be waiting to go away from that website as soon as possible in order to complete the required quota.I am yet to find someone who has benefited from such programs. So the best advise is indeed to keep awayyyyyyyyyyyyy! ;)

Actually, that would be just for your own website, where people will use up your bandwidth for nothing...Someone has just introduced me to the world of blogging, and it might be useful to set up a traffic generator there, and you will NOT use up bandwidth, and your site will get quite populated, increasing the amounts of people going there and possibly clicking on one of your ads, letting you earn revenue...What do you think?(I know the chances aren't high... but still...)

Actually, that would be just for your own website, where people will use up your bandwidth for nothing...

Someone has just introduced me to the world of blogging, and it might be useful to set up a traffic generator there, and you will NOT use up bandwidth, and your site will get quite populated, increasing the amounts of people going there and possibly clicking on one of your ads, letting you earn revenue...

What do you think?

(I know the chances aren't high... but still...)

even if you have unmetered bandwidth, the chances of people coming in through these programs and clicking on your ads are very very low. They will just be waiting to finish their quota of time and leave the site. There might be people who are truly interested, but chances are still less. The best thing to do is not to visit these sites at all.

I totally agreeNever Join Any Traffic Generation Program!I have spent countless hours clicking and matching icons to add links and I know the rest of the members must do the same thing unless their kids do it for them. This is a strategy that the folks at "Click Bank Pirate" endorse and needles to say I have not been very successful. I did get a script to post my links to socail bookmarks but I have not seen any results yet with that ... If any one wants to throw me a bone I am ready...Click bank pirate link... http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Jeff-reply by Jeff