xisto Community
delivi

Review My Design

I'm not new to photoshop, but this is the first Animating banner i've created using Photoshop CS2.

I've created this banner for using in my website. Please provide me suggestion to improve and you opinion about this banner.

Posted Image

ooooooo

i really really like it

i wish i could make something like that

im really good at photoshop but when it comes to making animations u really suck :P

but oh well im getting better soon hopefully i can make something as cool as the banner you made

I like both the horizontal banner and the vertical banner you made for your website. The white text and font seems to go well on that blue textured background. They are very professional.I disagree with Autumn's suggestion of using Flash. If you have the image in a flash format, the users of your website need to have the flash add-in installed to their web browsers. By using animated gifs, you are using more of a standard image file type which more people can view.Also, it was mentioned that speed might be a problem with your image. I disagree. Your banner seems to load fast on some of the slowest broadband speeds. hardly anyone seems to have dial up now anyway. If speed does become a problem, there are many sites out there which allow you to optmize the image anyway, such as the one which jlhaslip listed above.I'd rate this banner 9 out of 10. On its own it isn't the same as when it's actually part of a website. When it's added to the website, if it's still good, it could possibly get a rating of 10 out of 10.

Perhaps the theme of your animated banner is more to the corporate side. I feel the banner is a little on the plain side, just text and a diagonal scanlines isn't actually that enticing to your visitors. It would be very difficult to ask them to sit through a plain looking banner, there should be more elements to the banner than just plain text, maybe a couple of cool icons, or graphics, whichever pleases you.

Hi.,First up, i got to say that i fell for your banner immediately. I opened this thread in a new tab and was browsing another page. When i returned , the first thing i did was click on the banner which you displayed here. It was so attractive that i clicked upon it not knowing it was put up by you for a review. Your banner looks pretty cool !!! I like the colour scheme and the font you have chosen. It looks professional and attractive . I also got to appreciate you for not using a flash . Animated GIFs are a better option as far as i am concerned. Great work !!!

I love it :unsure: The only thing I would suggest would be making it a bit faster to flick over to the next piece of text :( Great work.

I would say it loog very professional and elegant, well at least thats what it looked like until the web address appeared, change its font or put it somewhere else, I sort of felt like it didnt really fit.

I love it!It's a great banner, elegant, simple, yet somehow relaxing.The best thing is that its not like those In your face banners that force you to avoid them. It sort of looks like a part of the page if y'know what I mean :)Good Work!!!(I really don't mind if you want to keep this for yourself as it's such a nice design, but is there any way I could convince you to possibly share the psd file or just pm it please!!? I'm rubbish (I can't do anything) at animations in photoshop, but if I had something I could easily edit it and change it all around would really help me out - My edit would bear no resemblance!!!, promise! :) Thank you.)

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

I think it looks great bit its a bit slow... I mean every... single... word... comes... up.... about... once... a... second... and... it's... very... tedious... waiting... for... the... next... word... to... actually... show... up...........

Other than that I loved it. The background is Awesome!

But while we're on the topic of making gif images, do you guys like the gif that took me an hour to make:

CONSOLE
Posted Image

Its in my sig too. :)

Edit: took of my sig on this post, made it look a bit weird with 2 consoles doing the same thing......

Edited by alex7h3pr0gr4m3r (see edit history)

I think it looks great bit its a bit slow... I mean every... single... word... comes... up.... about... once... a... second... and... it's... very... tedious... waiting... for... the... next... word... to... actually... show... up...........

I agree. The words fading in are a little bit choppy. At the end where the URL comes, the font is not that good and it's
hard to read.

Your vertical one has some space at the top and bottom that isn't being used. You could probably
remove that and shorten the file size.

It does look pretty cool though. You might want to try Flash or DHTML or something because even though I am
on DSL, it took longer than it should of to load.

Sorry for the slightly negative comments, but the only problem I would worry about if I was you would be the choppy
words. You can get to the other two later.
Edited by possible123 (see edit history)

I think a better way to do it is when one word has hit about 50% transparency, start fading in the next word, and then leave the sentence up longer before taking it off. This will create a much better effect to the viewer in my opinion.