xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DjLuki

How Can You Gain Weight?

its the first time I ever see someone say that he wants to gain weight lol!to be honest I don't know how you can do that but probably if you eat a little bit more.just don't throw yourself is candy,chocolate and stuff.you want to gain weight but stay healthy right??LOLif you're a person who does a lot of exercise maybe you should do that a little bit less.

Join the military. I gained about 30 pounds in six months. It was all muscle, so I didn't have any complaints :POkay, so that's not right for everyone. Like others have suggested, building muscle is a good, healthy way to gain weight. Don't start any bad habits, like overeating or going for fatty foods. Those habits will only come back to bite you later.

Yup, putting on the wrong kind of weight is definitely unhealthy. Doctors have found that the much touted BMI is a much less accurate indicator of how healthy you are than how much larger than normal your waistline is. Studies have found that putting on fat in the stomach area is extremely unhealthy, and is directly linked to heart-disease and hypertension in many cases. Also, fat around the belly is very hard to get rid off as fat cells in this region actually secrete substances to 'protect themselves' so that the body 'burns them off' only as a last resort.So just eating to get fat quick will definitely cause problems that will come back to you later in life. However, IF you're really determined to do this :P just drink PLENTY of beer, you'll put on weight AND get a nice beer belly in no time at all (don't take that seriously, I'm NOT advising you to do that, hehe, but yeah, it gets the results mentioned).

I love this topic so much!Right now im hooked with this cyber experience that im loosing weight like crazy. Even if eat so much but still im loosing it! maybe my metabolism is so high and im always lack of sleep.But I wonder how some people became obese when they are hooked up with their PC playing WoW and eating corn chips? I'm eating everything I could but still gained nothing? I can't stop this craziness...

There are some really good advices here, but some awful also... I think it?s clear that he wants to gain mass and not fat. Well who knows, but anyway, advicing to eat fast-food everyday it?s like leading someone to a slow suicide.Sometimes fighting against metabolism is a lost battle... you have to be too constant and have the time to do it everyday. Me myself I tried to gain weight years ago because I am thin no matter what I do (I think it's my nerves) but finally I decided it was better for me to be happy with it than spending time doing exercises to gain muscle and drinking those protein milkshakes that tasted awful and my stomach didn?t seem to like. And I?m happy now, because I know people that started wanting to gain some pounds and ended near vigorexic.

I'm pretty sure that there are products on the market that increase your chances of gaining weight in a somewhat healthy way. I can't figure out why anyone would want to gain weight, though, unless that person is severely underweight because of a disease or disorder.

how to gain weight? lol. open your fridge and go crazy. theoratically, as long as u eat more than u require, ur body will store the excess n u'll put on weight. if uwanna gain weight, eat the stuff that people avoid when they're on diets. meat, milk, chocolates, sweets, potato, banana, and other carbs n sweet food. its quite simple to gain weight unless you have a really high metabolic rate and have already been eating loads without putting on weight

i am quite thin i am 61 kgs and 18 yrs old many plp say i am slim how do i kno if thts the right weight? i feel fit a lot of plp tell me its hereditary and tht ill become fat later in my life like my dad ;) sry dad :D but sports is always my league and i dont fell i would die or something but it does creep into my mind tht being thin is being vulnerable any advice most appericiated ;), as u can see i am quite confused and no matter WHAT I EAT never do i gain weight ;) , in the long run i.e when i get old does it mean tht i would die faster :) ?

Edited by scan06disk (see edit history)

You are young enough that your body has not settled into its stable balance. You could work on finding a comfortable weight and muscle tone for yourself where you are capable of doing the physically active things that you wish to do. I have to admit that I have not followed this advice for myself. My system is no where near where it would need to be for me to be active. My first step would seem to be deciding what I want to be able to do. Then work towards being able to do it. Any ideas for what I might be able to become interested in experiencing?

If you're willing to gain weight at any cost do this:-Don't eat breakfast or lunch-Eat ice cream from about 3-7 pm-Eat McDonalds from 8 pm to 1 am-get less than 4 hours of sleepDo this for a month and you'll gain youself some nice weight. As a bonus, this will affect you in your entire lifetime!Not that I seriously suggest it, but who am I to control you... You are free to do anything you want, just don't blame me when you get to the surgery room.

Edited by dre (see edit history)

If you're willing to gain weight at any cost do this:-Don't eat breakfast or lunch

Shouldn't you eating both of those, and/or double what he eats at the same time?

Yeah, pretty much like everyone else said, eat Mcdonalds, fast food, and any junk food you can get on your hands. If i wanted to get fatter i would also eat a snack like every 10 minutes.

Shouldn't you eating both of those, and/or double what he eats at the same time?

Good point, however, the metabolism tends to stay higher when a constant amount of food is eaten. Therefore, when a person is hungry for 1/2 the day and then floods their system with food, the body gets overwhelmed. Then it slows down the metabolism so that the food can be used for a longer period (i.e. if you were held in a concentration camp). Appetite remains high even though a large amount of food has been consumed; this is the basic human survival mechanisms.

Also, since he will be eating most of the food past 6 pm, the digestive system will not be burning any of it during his sleep; therefore, it has to become fat. A low calorie intake will not make you lose weight if at any point you are deprived.

Hopefully this clears it up for you Android.