xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pokethamage

China Can Shoot Down Satellites!

Jeez... why are they making a big deal out of this? China can shoot down satellites! Yay! So what? It's none of our business and it's like they're looking down on China like this... "Oh, that kind of country was able to do it?" I mean... jeez... why do people think so highly of themselves? Just because China isn't America or Britain or whatever... doesn't mean that they can't do something great on their own.

its not really provocation though, of curse provocation is subjective to the person who is being "provoked" meaning something might provoke someone but not someone else, but this really isnt provocation.

i actually think that if the Chinese leader would issue a statement to the world just saying they're not aiming these missiles at anyone else and it was a private test of a weapon maybe more people would see that bushy is wrong.

Anyway satellites aren't that reliable if we consider the fact that a solar storm would destroy most of them anyway, and they could be hit at any time by debris and they are in a public, law free zone (space). maybe some good will come from this, as delivi said it does show that a terrorist organisation *could* in theory take down a lot of communication and so maybe someone will find another method of communications.

Just because China isn't America or Britain or whatever... doesn't mean that they can't do something great on their own.

I think you hit the nail right on the head there!

It is supposed to be scary that China reach so much power to break US satellites. Well, I?m not?that scared because United States are doing what they want for years. Of course China could do terrible things with their weapons but US and their allies aren't worried about this, in fact the only drama here is that someone else could beat a country which believes to be the best in the world, symbol of justice and freedom, a country who proudly claims that everything their government does is right and if others don?t agree then they?re dangerous terrorists and maniacs. It?s time to wake up. As I said maybe China are an evil country but it has to be really evil to win in that aspect. At least I guess we will get some interesting strategy games, but I suppose certain people love this state of god-alike world domination coming from the US.By the way I never understood why nuclear power is good in a few hands but when another country develops it seems so terrible. Why don't developed countries disarm then? Why in some hands they're suppose to be defensive and in others offensive? And most important... how can people trust it?

I think the United States of America are 50 years away from loosing their position as world leader. Maybe things will change even faster. I'm also pretty sure that nobody will shoot down another countries satellites, because I'm also sure that there are nuclear satellites on the orbit... shadows of the Cold War.I predict that when the inevitable happens, when the United States of America will no longer be able to control the world there shall be a new world war, which will end with the establishment of a new world order (if we are to survive a new world war). There are a few countries in the world that would like the control of the world and have the potential to do it... China is just one of them.Returning to the topic... The USA isn't the only country that depends on satellites... the whole world does. That is why I believe it will never get that far to destroy each others satellites. As in the Cold War, the threat of doing so may discourage the other party.And as someone said... Space isn't US property, it is the property of mankind. The USA have no right to monopolize space as if it is their own backyard.

Lol, i'm suprised it has only become public untill now. Of course China would have to make anti satillette missles. Their biggest enemy, who must useful weapon to them is satillettes. They would have to have some kind of way to counter it. China is known for being smart, so this doesn't suprise me.

america has already started to lose power by making stupid decisions and it's all because of their leaders. You cannot control the world, no matter who you are, what country, you will lose it.. Look back in history you have all the facts. So the best thing for us to do is be allies with china, america can't fight with them ... look at how many people they have ;) ... america is losing its power everyday, and as long as bush is in office it will continue. The leaders need to work harder and stop trying to bully other countries.. as it ahs enough enemies, almost all countries int he middle east, none of them support us,, than there are those outside M.E. And somebody said that nobody owns space, thats true, if a country can put something there, than so should other countires.. we're all equal. i just hope nobody tries to blow earth, as we do have stupid people on this planet.

You guys have some pretty messed up reasoning. Uhm...they shot down their own satellite and that makes it OK? Didn't Iran and North Korea do all of their Nuclear development and testing in their own country? Does that make it OK? If your neighbor shot his own chimney off with a rocket propelled grenade, would that be OK? Do you see where I'm going with this?

The United States also did this in 1985. They also tested the ability to shoot down satellites and succeeded. I don't see why China shouldn't be allowed to develop this technology. People object North Korea's nuclear program because North Korea doesn't have a very good reputation, and people fear that they would be like a child who's been bullied so much that they bring a gun to school. However, while China's government system is not favored by the western society, they are still trusted as a country with a good reputation. No current event would make China significantly angry that they would want to attack someone. But North Korea is currently raging against other countries because they believe that everyone is against them.

Of course, this is just my opinion, so please don't get offended or take it personally.

You guys have some pretty messed up reasoning. Uhm...they shot down their own satellite and that makes it OK? Didn't Iran and North Korea do all of their Nuclear development and testing in their own country? Does that make it OK? If your neighbor shot his own chimney off with a rocket propelled grenade, would that be OK? Do you see where I'm going with this?
It's NOT OK!!! WHY THE HELL ARE THEY DEVELOPING TECHNOLOGY TO SHOOT DOWN SATELLITES??? Do you think they're JUST going to use it to shoot down their OWN satellites? NO!!! They're going to use it to knock out the comm system for the goddamned PLANET and hold EVERYONE hostage with their new weapon system!!!

It's folks like you that make this world a REALLY dangerous place. If ANY country (including our own) tests out weapons of mass destruction without the knowledge and cooperation of the UN and it's allies, then they set the stage for aggression. See...that makes people antsy and antsy people tend to make similar or more powerful weapons to make sure they can counter a new perceived threat. It's called weapons escalation....we did it throughout the Cold War....it was stupid then and it's stupid now.

China has spent the last decade trying to prove itself a new, innovative, forward thinking economy with its warlike was well behind it...and then they go and do THIS!??? We're back in WWII again people..oh, hell...WWI!!!!! THIS IS SCARY!!! WAKE UPP!!!

well, i think you should think now being on the opposite side of table, if you dont know u.s.had these missile before china ,if you think china shouldn't have develop these technology ,than what the hell do you think ,why should u.s. get the right to develop it ,every country in the world should have equal rights,no one needs a big brother like u.s. to poke their nose in others matter , and let me tell you i am not a chinese either and i am not a fan of china too. but yet i feel that the chinese have done nothing by developing such missile as every country should have equal rights, if americas wants to be on top ,why cant another country dream for the same thing, if you are ignorant about the u.s. international policies or the way the u.s. handles overseas dispites,then you should go and first checks the basic
if i talk in your language then if you have a right to blow off your chimney for which your neighbour dont poke his nose on your matters. then what the hell you have the right to poke your nose in their matter ,why the hell eyes go red when someone other develops the same machinery
i think its people like you who make the world feel that u.s. is world enemy rather than friend there are a lot of positive side of america ,which are now gone in layers of negative things ,which get more attention due to people like you ;)