xisto Community
Roly

What's a good eye friednly design? o_O

For me a good Eye friendly design is something happy, light colors with some strong colors that make focal points of the whole page, I personally like clean but interesting designs, but that just me, I don't like when a web have a black background with neon colors or colors that contrast too much in a bad way on the text, it really hurt my eyes... XD. But anyways if the layout is well design,if it looks good, no matter if it's clean or kind of a organize mess, is going to be a success.

Edited by Parubilla (see edit history)

Green is perfect eye friendly design. Green colour will not damage our eye in the scientific view. So eye friendly web design containing green background and white text colour is best in my view. Another eye friendly option is Black background with white text colour and Blue is also better. Simply white background website gives visitors easy to what they are searching for. So please design website in right colour/right background that will get you more visitors to your website.

I think low contrast darker pages are easy on the eyes and nice to look at, for instance having #333333 for the background and #666666 for the text is very relaxing to look at if a little boring. I tend to change the text colour rather than the background colour and keep everything as dark as possible with the odd highlight/picture/outline to draw attention. For an example of why I do this this white box im typing in is not helping my headache at all >.<

I would use Black on Design Portfolios, and Personal Sites, which encompass Gaming Sites, Blogs, and others. Light colors, are for professional sites. Usually its a simple white background that uses other colors in image over than emphasizing background. First off though you need a theme, based on the content. If its about your life, like lets say a pilot's blog on his travels. Don't use black, use lighter colors, blues and whites, some greens.

I like sites which feature white text over dark gray colors (personal preference). But really you could use any set of colors and it will probably look good depending the amount of each color used within the overall composition. You should ask yourself, does a particular set of colors arranged in such a way compliment/enhance the design or metaphor of your site?

For gaming i prefer good gray color and black background.Borders can have a little lighten color.That is what i think how i like gaming sites.About IT sites,i prefer some white color,and lots of effects.For sites with news,colors are different and they can be how you like.You should take care about logo if you have,to look like the design.If you do not have,you should try to add it but you don't need.You should not add special effects,and hearts,and blowing things.You can add one animation,but please do not add animated rainbow as background.That is what i hate.What people are they which add animated rainbow??? If you think that your background can be animated,and it will not look crazy you can add,but be careful what are you adding because sometimes classical background is 1000 times better then animated.Animations will only slow opening page.That is friendly design for me.

Any website's look depends on the kind of audience you would like to catch. If your site is targeted to the teens you might want to throw in a skateboard and urban kinda look with more grey. But if you would like to market your site for the elderly you will need to use hot colors in your website. Any ways it is always best to check the looks from your customers point of view.good luck

The darker the color is harder to read.I have been in web development since last 3 years and have found that the darker the color is it is harder to read.So I prefer keeping the it light in color.Also I would recommend that proper color combination makes a website much better.By color combination I mean that the background color and text color should remain in proper combination

here's white&blue http://www.websitetemplates.bz/ - very cool combination

and here's another dark one http://www.blackestate.co.nz/ , but I think that combination of black/red/white is really freaking awesome!! so just make your site unique and according to ur taste; and enjoy it everyday and watch ecreasing number of visitors daily!!!

Best of luck!

Terko