xisto Community
Roly

What's a good eye friednly design? o_O

Post Snipped because Xisto Detected Spam

Lots of people spend ages trying to make really impressive stylesheets, not realising, that simple is often better,For a start, it uses less bandwidth, as you dont have a huge stylesheet, for every possible eventuality, and hundreds of different DIVs.Look at google, its plain white with a logo in the middle, and the logo is just text most days! And yet google is the most accessed page in the world!When I make sites, I try to use a PHP stylesheet, which just uses a single colour to generate the rest of the stylesheet, so it just lightens and darkens the colours to make the stylesheet, and using different shades of the same colour often looks really effective! Also, this makes it very easy to have a few buttons for changing the colour scheme, as you just have to send the server a single 6 digit number to generate the stylesheet from!

Well if you like darks, depending on the concept of the website your designing the layout for, use whites// shades of whites & grays, stick ONE color in there, make sure everything looks very neutrallook into colorology (i think thats what its called :)) and see how different colors make people react*from my personal insight, i find it very unatractive when a website is all black & has yellow/neon green textbut then again thats my opinion

There are quite alot of combos that work well together. As long as colours aren't clashing, there aren't TOO many different colours on the one page and they're not too hard on the eyes, the website should generally be eye friendly.Fonts shouldn't be too big or too small and should stand out from the background so it can be easily read. I dont like sans serif fonts on websites either, I think it makes the website look messy... but that's personal preference :)

I dunno, generally get the feel that brighter websites are boring, from the days when the internet had just picked up and people didn't expiriment too much. I think that if you can find a dark background with a light text, or even just have the text outlined in a light color you'll be fine. But i feel that darker websites seem more profeesionally done. That or create a sleek silvery feel. Lets face it, sleek is chic...

Well i think that if you want to get an youthful site you need artwork a lot of geometry and a lot of colors all bright and funny. If you want something like a business site and on an professional note you should go for a two max three colors website, something like black or dark gray with red or brown, for software company sites use some blue, dark blue for more seriousness light blue for freshness it depends what type of software you are selling.Hope it helped.

For me, anything but bright colors are a good eye friendly design. Also, colors that compliment each other tend to look good. I prefer different shades of blue, red and green in designing my sites.

I personal prefer the more darker colors. I love the dark, I like doing many things with lights off, like taking a shower at night.

Dear friend the colour combination should be a delight to the eyes and then only one can attract others towards the design. So personally I prefer light coloured design and darks in graphics etc. But its only my personal preference.?

I agree with the general sentiment that darker sites look best. That's the kind of scheme I use for my site (which you can find in my profile). Although my website represents more of an oldschool approach with the use of ANSI art and all, it's still pleasing to look at I think.However, I took the "oldschool" too far and utilized basic HTML and tables for my layout... which is a miserable pain to maintain. I need to upgrade to CSS, sigh. That's what I'll be working on next.Anyways, as for color choices and such, I definitely advocate darker colors. A combination of around 3 primary colors and a few secondary choices for touches is ideal I imagine, but that's just me.

It's the combination of light and dark that make a good site. Take traps forums for example. It's generally a lightly colored site with pale blues and greys. Yes with a good contrast of darker colors makes for a site that is easy on the eyes. Now personally I would avoid a site with a solid white background, it's hard to see and if they have a lot of colors it's hard on the mind as well as the eyes. I forbid anything brightly colored like neon, unless it is blended well with other shades so the brightness is lowered. Any color can be made to fit a website if you use the proper contrasts. As many have pointed out what they like. Your color scheme can impact how visitors feel about your site. It's generally a good idea to view other sites of a similar subject to get an idea of what times of colors are more popular for that type of site and create something close to it of your own design. :P

Myself I seem like the rest of you on the dark colors. but you can not a all dark page. Myself I love a black background with a white font. Also I love having some royal blue. one thing I really hate in a site though is thoughs Java scripts with falling snow or stars. also thoughs little dolls you see all over myspace. so old and tacky