xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
garbage

My Pc Sucks

Ok now this really sucks its been a week now and i cannot figure out what is wrong with my pc. i have tried everything and the pc does not load windows. almost as if the hard drive is mad, but then i replaced it with another harddrive that i have laying around that i now works, and it doesnt work. it turns on but it just doesnt load windows. then it reboots and it continues over and over, same thing happens when i try to start up in safe mode.. so i think it might be something with my motherboard. so the crappy part of the whole thing is that photoshop and all my works are now all gone. Im still able to get online since we have a mac as well but i have no mac version programs for photoshop or anything else to at least do some siggies... this really bites a big one..sorry i just had to vent out a bit.

Have you tried putting your hard drive inside of another computer? If it works inside another computer than it might be a problem with your motherboard. If it doesn't then its a problem with your hard drive. It also could be a virus that is causing it to reboot over and over again. Have you tried reinstalling windows on that hard drive? If not, that is what I would try first.

That happened to me with my old computer. Right after the Windows loading splash showed, it would reboot and do the same process over and over.Umm... my uncle tried reinstalling Windows, but it was hard cause the motherboard wasnt letting set up the BIOS correctly, and it worked for a bit, but after some days it started to do the same thing.Yes, it was the motherboard, so i had to replace it. Anyways I was about to upgrade my PC :PIt stopped to work properly due to overheating problems, you should check that.

Yeah, that definately sounds like a motherboard problem to me. I've seen the same thing before and I guess you might just want to replace that...Hope you can fix it.

Yeah my PC is pretty buggy which kind of sucks. Sometimes if you leave it inactive for too long it willjust freeze. And you have to restart it, and it doesn't take long to reset its just annoying as fudge. Not only that but my internet isn't too great either. We are getting cable but right now its so bad because at night it usually gets all disconnecty (wireless) which bugs me the most. I now have negative credits because it took way to long to even connect to this site so I just said forget it. I don't know why it keeps on freezing up any suggestions? It isn't because of the programs because I don't have any running when I leave it idle. Or I usually don't. But even when it does run programs it wont freeze from time to time. Hopfully I will get cable soon and that will at least ease the pain because of better internet. Well good luck with your computer :PCheers,Jester

i did try switching the hard drives i brought one that i know works, and it did not work either, so i think i t might be the motherboard, but I really dont know.

I've seen a system do this with a bad power supply. You may have to admit defeat and head to your favorite computer shop. If the hard drive is healthy, moving it to another box would give you instant access to your data. Of course, if you haven't backed up, do it!

It could be the motherboard, but get the power checked out first.

I had the same problems with my PC, I have Windows XP Proffesional. It also didn't load Windows. I tried everything, also safe mode, then I changed the graphics card and voila! it worked. I figured it must have been that because it worked normally after that.

hmmm try this when u first boot ur pc press DEL if u can get into ur BIOS then the MB is ok. if this occurs then get a windows disk and insert it when it first boots press R repetedly until it does smthing if it doesnt the u can do this take the GFX card out and use the built in one if THAT doesnt work check ur CPU fan it might be that the fan doesnt work properly and isnt cooling the CPU IF EVEN THAT DOESNT WORK THROW IT IN THE TRASH CAN OR RETURN THE THING

It seems that your system might have been infected by a boot loader Virus that corrupts the MBR, first make sure that your motherboard is alright, then find a computer where you can scan your hard drive for virus

It seems that your system might have been infected by a boot loader Virus that corrupts the MBR, first make sure that your motherboard is alright, then find a computer where you can scan your hard drive for virus

can you possibly give me more details on how exactly I would go about doing this. I will I run a virus check thru another computer .. Di I need to install my mother board on a pc that is already working, or do I just need a new hard drive.

cause if i need to go do all that i think i might just have to buy a new pc pretty soon.

Along with your motherboard it could also be a bad memory stick. Try changing out your memory with a DIMM that you know works. If you have 2 DIMMS in your computer try it with just one. If that doesnt work try replacing it with 1 that you know works.I had that problem with a computer I built. When you turned on the power the fans and everything would start, and the bios would flash up, but it would not boot. In other words, windows needs memory to boot, and without a sufficent amount, its never going to get past your motherboard boot sequence.Just an idea from what I've seen in the past....

alright i have tried it with only one memory stick at a time and still nothing.. so im assuming its going to be the mother board, but if its a virus on the HD how does it affect the mother board.. im just curios since i really dont knoe much about the hardware systems n a pc and how they work..either way, im thinking i might just trash this pc or possible gut it out and sell it in part on ebay.. and then see if i can raise some money and see if i can get someone to build me one or possible buy a HP or Dell.. who knows at this time.. but it sucks a bit .. since i really do miss my pc and some of the gaming i was doing on it......unless yougys out there want to donate some spare parts for me like a mother board.. that would be nice.. ahhhh... thats sounds better ehh.. eheehhh.. j/k.. ill see what I can do within the next few months..