xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Spyda

"i Hate Trap17" I dont

Now my bestest friend Chad was talking smack bout' Xisto and he said he hated it to death. Me asked why and this is what I got, I try and quote it the best but I kind of forgot some"with the trap everytime u try and search ur site it is affilaiated with trap and evertyime u request a hosting it shows up under ur search" - he speaks bout the sub-domain u get free also when u search ur own site on google u get ur requesting free hosting which isntem good for u!!!!So is this way possible to get rid of this????? I not hosted, but I guess he was, and disliked it. I was hosted, but I forgot abot this site and lost it. Thanks a million (not affiliated with books a millionm) :D:D:lol:^_^

If I understand correctly...he's saying that when you google for your site he gets his free webhosting application?We're aware of this and we've discussed it before. I believe we are trying to prevent this, but someone else may be able to give you a better answer.

Hmmm.... that's interesting. I've never thought of that before, but it does make sense, because this site is obviously spidered by the search engines as well, and since you write your site details on your application it would most likely show up in the search engine too.I never worried about that though, because I always had other pages come up first, and I'd never searched through all the pages that come back in my search results so I didn't actually see my application there, but I'm sure if I looked I'd find it.

Ive noticed all of that also but it doesn't bother me one bit. I've also noticed how good Xisto is in the search engines. You can search for almost any broad keyword and Xisto will be on the first page. It's really amazing if you ask me... Did you guys do anything modifications to this forum to help that or is it just because of all the good articles on here?

Hey dude i think that this is not badbecause Xisto has a good ranking in google. Page Rank So when your site is listed in a site with high page ranks then your site's page rank will automatically increase.This problem wont occur if you're using your own domain name.

Kubi the problem your referring to is the email that was listed in the web applications. What "Chad" is referring to is that when he googled his sub domain he would be point to trap and not his own site.Now I am assuming that "chad" was typing in his sub-domain when he search his site. If thats the case all references to that domain will be showing up. I don't know his user name so I couldn't tell if that was brought up.When your trying to see your ranks in search engines, those are based on links and key words. I highly doubt he had a fair share of either and so his web application showed up in the search. Of course I just tested to see if my web application showed up and it didn't. Which means the web applications forum has been programmed in a way not to get index whatsoever. So you can clam your fears with that happening again, so most likely chad had an account before this change was made.

there is a way around it..

your site is never going to be at top, beacouse Xisto has a better ranking. if you had community on your site like Xisto has you would probably need your own server and domain name.

now if you want to avoid first page beeing displayed from google to be "hosting request" one, describe your website in Xisto forum, and that should pop out on top of "hosting request" post. Just match keywords in that post with keywords on your site.

i was also irritated with this and when i described my project, which i'm doing on Xisto hosting now when i google it it shows below or sometimes even on top of Xisto hosting...

here see it for yourself My site on google.... it is sometimes on top of Xisto and sometimes below, but Xisto doesn't point to hosting request form than to my description of website...

I don't have this problem. I just seached darran.trap17.com on google and the top 3 results are my rss feed of my site. But what I am confused is that why it does not take the index page of my site instead but rather certain RSS Feeds of my categories, not all of them though?

I don't have this problem. I just seached darran.trap17.com on google and the top 3 results are my rss feed of my site. But what I am confused is that why it does not take the index page of my site instead but rather certain RSS Feeds of my categories, not all of them though?

did you register your page on Google?
RSS is kinda future of information distribution so probably google finds it more interesting than your website.
But who knows why, that's Google

Google lists your RSS feeds because they are updated more frequent than your websites main page, and also linked by many others. This would happen even if you've submitted your feeds in Google, Yahoo, and other online feed reade services.

Try updating the index page as soon as you update your site or add new pages, you'll definitely get noticed by Google, also submit your sites to search engines so that they can find you easily instead of waiting them to find you.

Kubi the problem your referring to is the email that was listed in the web applications. What "Chad" is referring to is that when he googled his sub domain he would be point to trap and not his own site.
Now I am assuming that "chad" was typing in his sub-domain when he search his site. If thats the case all references to that domain will be showing up. I don't know his user name so I couldn't tell if that was brought up.

When your trying to see your ranks in search engines, those are based on links and key words. I highly doubt he had a fair share of either and so his web application showed up in the search. Of course I just tested to see if my web application showed up and it didn't. Which means the web applications forum has been programmed in a way not to get index whatsoever. So you can clam your fears with that happening again, so most likely chad had an account before this change was made.

First of his name not chad he didnt want me to say his real name cause his name is in his username so i didnt, but like u said if lets say his site was computer.trap17.com he when he searched it he'd get some hosting applications or a discussion bout computers that happen in Xisto. I dont know if this happen in a domain name like computer.co.uk, but ik now it does in a subdomaiN!

The problem is I am using wordpress as a CMS for my site. The index.php page is also the page where all my new posts are listed, so by right, the index page should be updated when I make a post. I tried searching 'darran.trap17.com house of self' and I see the index page below the RSS feed in the results.

When i search my web address in google, i get my site and then my Xisto profile and a link to a post i made. This is not a concern for me at all because how many people out their search a web address in google? Don't people normally search using keywords? When i search with relevant keywords i get my site and nothing about Xisto. Plus, if people searched my address, they would know it wasnt a forum post and would go to the correct link.