xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tractor

Record Pullups

Wow, thats really amazing I don't think a very big guy could do so many pull ups and being only 16 thats really impossible. I could only do at most 14 pull ups/10 pull ups depending on which way I use

Child prodigies are not always the best thing. I recall a genius child about six years back or so - he was ten years old and attending college (he bore a strong resemblance to Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars Episode 1 - not joke). Then, a couple years ago, he committed suicide by shooting himself in the head.Sometimes it's not so good to be the best there is.

This really is amazing, I can do about 15 pullups, thats less than 1/100th of what he did. I dont really agree to the amount of pullups he did per minute, I know its an estimate, but I really think he started of by doing about 5 - 10 per minute, and as he was getting tire he probably did 3 or even 2. Who knows? Its a really good challenge though.

Hi, this is Jason Armstrong, the 16 year old who broke the record you are talking about. I'm not quite sure where to start with replying to everything I read, but I can see that pull-ups are one of the most misunderstood exercises in existence, so I'll address some of the issues I saw and direct you to a more detailed response I have posted elsewhere.To correct a few mistakes I saw:I did 2,406 pull-ups, not 2354.I did them in 12 hours, setting the world record for the most IN 12 HOURS, not consecutively, as that record stands at 135.I don't lift any weights, use any drugs or supplements, and didn't even eat meat for the 6 months prior to the event.I'm not very tall, nor am I skinny, as both are great disadvantages. The ideal puller-upper is short and has a well muscled upper body.My biceps measure 17 inches and my forearms 15, not a far cry from the "huge" you seemed to be describing earlier.As for 18 years old being too old, I have no idea how anyone could possibly think that 18 years is enough time to reach one's peak in ANYTHING except maybe women's (girl's) gymnastics. The man who held the record before me was 52, and the man who recently attempted (unsuccessfully) to break my record was 37. It is my belief that I will hit my peak for endurance pull-up events at around 35-45. Being 16, I don't have anywhere near the background and experience I need to excel at any formal exercise, endurance related or strength related.I have written plenty more at the following sites:TestosteroneNation.comAR15.comFreetrainers.cometc.Thank you for your interest,Jason Armstrong

No doubt he has to regiment his training and eating just to only be good at pull ups. So no leg strength, all upper body.But that is really incredible.

This kid who did a few thousand pull ups MUST be very strong for his size, very flexible (I have seen those really flexible people e.g. gymnasts do lots of pulls up easily, they do not even need to have a huge muscle mass) and light.I can only do 11 repetitions at maximum without any rest in between. I don't know why the minute I stop, I seem to lose all energy with which to pull myself up again. I do lots of push ups and bench presses to train my pull ups though.

Thats unbelievable, pull ups arr incredibly hard to do, especially for somebody of my size. People like me can only do about 3 before tiring and not being able to do a single one. I'm not overweight, but I consider myself big, 225 pounds, thats how much I way. It's not that I'm, at least I hope not, that is the reason for my lack of ability to push-ups because I do bench my weight, at least most of it, 195 , but it's hard when yout 225 and trying to pull up your whole body weight, especially when you have been on forums the past month instead of at the gym oh well. :P:P

WOW!: 2000, thats1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23....all the way to 2300+hurts to think about :| that is certainly a lot and it doesn't really hit you until you write out the entire list to 200 how many that actually was.Do you happn to know if he was hospitalised by this as you would lose so much energy from this I doubt he'd be able to walk after for weeks! :PMy standard number is about 15-20 I can do, i get little exercise at all and don't train, although I was into rock climbing a year or so ago... and was pretty good at one stage, I think thats where it came from. If you wanna get strong legs / arms and just generally get a little bit of exercise withought doing boring stuff like running a few kms on a treadmill or spendiing hours in the gym, rock climing is the way to go. If you have a friend to challenge with and pick difficult routes that are hard for both of you its the best!anyway... I reckon if I trained for a bit I could get to 50 but I'd be seriously slowing down at the end. The 15-20 I can do it fairly casually without breaking much of a sweat at all!!oh and I can barely do press-ups! a friend of mine is the opposite way round to me, he can do two pull-ups and struggles much on number 3, but he can do 40 pressups with reasonable effort.I think it just depends how you train / just generally use your muscles. Rock climbing promotes pullup style strength and you don't really use pressup skills...

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

Well that's cool. Pullups are pretty hard for me, lol, and I can only do about 50. I once saw this guy in the park do 200 pullups in sets of 20, or something very much like that. He was really muscular, but not a body builder I don't think. To me, more than 60 pullups: that is ALOT.

Edited by seez (see edit history)