xisto Community
delivi

Add A Blog To Your Site

Google bots are so clever that they frequently visit the sites that are updated frequently and give them more importance while displaying the results i.e. in top results.

So inorder to make your site appear in the top search results add a blog to your site and keep posting important and interesting facts related to your website frequently in your blog this will help you to move up rapidly in the search results.

for example my blog tuticorinnews.blogspot.com is relatively very new but it ranks in the top 10 postion in the search for key words related to "Tuticorin" my native city.

That's a pretty good idea. I never knew that it could work like that but it makes sense. If you update your site a lot then that usually means you are active on it and what not and everything is well up to date. I ought to try that once I get my site up and running. My question though, how does it know when it's updated and what not? Do they get a signal when a file is overwritten or something? I don't really have a need for a blog but I can put stuff on my main page or something like news.

makes sense, but what if the blog isnt on the index page? googlebot and the others visit my websites 100s of times and go no further than the index page! Its a growing bandwidth probem for the massive websites. i think the bots follow links to your website, hence the hit and not much indexing???

makes sense, but what if the blog isnt on the index page? googlebot and the others visit my websites 100s of times and go no further than the index page! Its a growing bandwidth probem for the massive websites. i think the bots follow links to your website, hence the hit and not much indexing???

Just remember that if you have Flash navbars on your site, then the bots have nothing to work with, since Googlebot has nothing to work with, since it doesn't index Flash files. Keep that in mind when you make those Flash intro pages, and remember to add an HTML link in that page.

I've seen decent success of sites with blogs.
Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)

I suppose that other "updating" content would create the same effect? Like if you are hosting a forum, you can put a "recent posts" box with recent posts that are being updated. What do you think?

That is very interesting, usefull and original idea.Thanks for sharing your ideas with us, i apreciate it.

Even though this may really differ the position, don't forget that, for the most part, google counts the referral links. If your site, news, url is being used, posted and talked about a lot, you'll surely get the advantage. (same way google bombing works)

i meant that by frequently updating your site you'll be noticed more by Google bots but usually we'll be not able to update the site regularly so add a Blog or Forum where new posts will be made daily or frequently giving you a good position in Google search results and noticed by more people.

So you mean all the forums and blogs should come at the top in every search we do in Google.As far as your site and keyword is concerned, this is not a well known place and I its not an exiting thing that you have came in top 10 search.I would request any Xisto member who had a good knowledge in SEO to clear all these things.

actually, having your blog in blogspot will have a greater possibility for it to appear on google. first, blogspot (blogger.com) outputs pages in html, contents of which are easily scanned by the search engines, unlike wordpress (like my blog), which uses php and stores the information on a database (mysql). and because the content is on a database, the search engines are most likely to find not much content on a page whenever it searches your blog.i, on the other hand, have been into the blogging world for quite some time now so searching for my name in search engines would give you more results.

Edited by mbacarra (see edit history)

So you mean all the forums and blogs should come at the top in every search we do in Google.

It would seem so in my case: A search for the keyword "Salamangkero" shows my blog at either 1st or 2nd place while the main site itself is at a pitiful #10. I'm positive it's also about updating frequently, not just the number of inbound links. I mean, I have to compete with an imdb site by updating my blog regularly just to keep my blog at #1.

About a forum reaching top Google results, it is not unheard of, I suppose. However, I guess it mostly depends on how the forum is implemented. Like mbacarra said before me, if the forum outputs pages in static html, it'd have a greater chance to reach the top of Google search results but, let's face it, this implementation pretty much sucks. Another approach is to use PHP or JSP, with a database management system like MySQL or PostGre. However, I don't think Google is able to access the content of dynamic pages, especially if a user is required to log in before viewing the page.

By way of example, a search for the words "neopets jelly" will show the Neopets Jelly World page at the top. That, my friends, is due to the fact that we have a lot of pages elsewhere linking to that page as the Neopets' Jelly World. However, look at the cached text; it shows nothing remotely connected with jelly. What it does show is the Neopets login page. As a matter of fact, all Google results for Neopian pages show very similar cached texts.

So it's not just simply about updating your site often or how many links point to you. We should also consider the types of pages we have on our sites, are they HTML, PHP, JSP, ASP, PHTML or whatnot? :)

actually, having your blog in blogspot will have a greater possibility for it to appear on google. first, blogspot (blogger.com) outputs pages in html, contents of which are easily scanned by the search engines, unlike wordpress (like my blog), which uses php and stores the information on a database (mysql). and because the content is on a database, the search engines are most likely to find not much content on a page whenever it searches your blog.

Google doesn't know the difference between content being stored in a DB or in a statci HTML file. As long as Googlebot recieves HTML, it's all the same.

We're able to index most types of pages and files with very few exceptions. A sampling of the file extensions we're able to index includes: pdf, asp, jsp, html, shtml, xml, doc, xls, ppt, rtf, wks, lwp, wri, swf, cfm, and php.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/ Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)

kindly suggest me how to add a blog to my site.currently i'm having a site on a free web host https://x10hosting.com/
with about 300mb of space.i tried cgi software to put a blog but couldn't do it successfully. even though my site is at the to place on google search but still i want some good number of ratings.kindly recommend