xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hype

Windows Media Player 11 Officially Release!

I can't believe no oen has mentioned the fabulous "URGE" add-on that it comes with!It's got a 15 day free trial, you can download as many songs as you want, and it's absolutely legal. Full version songs, every artist, you name it. It's a lot like the iTunes store, but you can't buy the little "Music Cards", but it's still only $.99 a song, which is a fairly good deal. You save more if you buy the ablum as a whole though, then it's only $10.I downloaded WM11, and I like. It's got kinda a vista theme to it. It's looking more and more like iTunes though..

The URGE free trial is only available in US only.. Too bad I dont live in US and so would not get to enjoy the benefits of the free trial... :( The URGE is quite a nice addon to the WMP and that the interface of the URGE catalog is very attractive too! However it takes long for it to load on low connection and sometimes when I'm using the beta version it gets hang up and the WMP just close with an error... Lets hope this final version would works better than before! :lol:

I want to download that right now. My current windows media player is getting kinda boring. I think I should start downloading a lot of microsoft beta stuff so i can get things before everyone does.

Besides having a good interace... what are the other differences betwen this brand new version and the old versions of WIndows MEdia Player? Should I really change my versions or this is just a few more useless things?

It sure is nice, but seriously. Who uses IE? Who uses WMP? The majority of smart people use alternative programs instead of what Microsoft creates. I myself use Winamp and have used it since the good old days. But I have to say, I am impressed of Microsoft's work.

You can't say "smart" people don't use windows software. It's personaly preference what a person uses. I like WMP better then iTunes because iTunes runs slower on my system., winamp is "OK", but I'm not to fond of the interface, and I've never had much luck getting it to keep my songs in there.

Wait. Is this the beta, or the full, final release? I'm not gonna download it if it's a beta, because the last beta that I tried from Microsoft was horrible.

Well, I've said "Official Release". Its the final version, works well and no bugs for me yet! Its way better than the last beta version, where my WMP occasionally crank out and does not response.. This version is very stable, should not be a problem and would not be horrible! :blink:

Windows Meia Player 11 is so good that PC World gave a PCW Rating of something like 90 and had a full-page preview of the beta one month. For the meantime, version 10 is decent, and will suffice until I find a pressing need to install WMP11.

I finally goyt around to installing it. My first impression: the interface is nice looking, but there are some drastic new changes. Dragging songs or double clicking an album name doesn't automatically add them to Now Playing. Usually doing that will add them to an untitled playlist. I'm still to figure out how to transfer playlists without transferring (or re-transferring) the songs it contains.

Plenoptic vis for WMP11

Windows Media Player 11 Officially Release!

Hi... Well, I'm so sad because I cant see plenoptic in wmp11 :8 it is in wmploc.Dll on windowssystem32 directory. There two versions 9.0 and 11.0 (9 for wmp9 and 11 for wmp11 of course) if I put the version 9 instead of v11, media player refuses it... I'm trying to decompile v9 and edit v11, or merge both... I know most of you miss plenoptic too... Some helpful idea... I cannot with this :'(

-question by Cygnus