xisto Community
tractor

Ice Cream Injected into Cookies

I don't think it'd be a bright idea to inject ice cream into a cookie once it solidifies. For one, it's solid and injecting anything into it will not inflate it, rather, it will fill up all those pockets of air inside the cookie. However, the bigger problem is that you'd end up with an oozing mess of ice cream spurting out of your cookie "pores". Even if you store it in frigid temperatures, you'd inevitable have ice cream smears on your fingers once you eat it (unless you use a spoon and fork :P). That would also mean you'd have to lug a cooler packed with ice to wherever you'd want to take your ice cream cookies.

We do have cookies in ice cream, though. Tastes the same, the texture's a bit different, yeah, but still good enough to eat :)

Another good idea: Just scoop it atop the cookies. Same mess, same taste, same texture. Less hassle. No needles required. Suitable for all ages :)

yeah, like many people have said, its a good ideal but i would much rather have ice cream sandwiches because then you get two cookies with 2x the amount of icecream :) plus it would be much more difficult to make these than it would be to make the icecream sandwiches... next to the fact icecream wont fit through a needle. :)goog ideal though, but id rather stick with what we have allready

Hmm, sounds like the tastiest thing in the whole dang(i'm still English) world!! You'd have to inject the icecream in to the cookie just after being baked. I loved this idea until salamangkero ruined it for me :) God I want a cooooookie right now! They are best when freshly baked, warm and soft. Mmmmm, cookies!

The word injection sounds a bit creepy :) it reminds me of flesh and blood and such. But if you mean a regular cookie, like one with chips, you won't find so much room to fill stuff in it. I'm not sure whether the needle would be easy to clean either, afterwards. You could make some sort of fill-thing out of baking paper (?) I guess, but it won't be as thin, so you'll need a cookie with lots of free space on the inside. Actually I think waffles indeed would taste better, instead of hard crumbling cookies and icecream.

Hrm.. A ice cream cookie with milk! Thats going to be lovely. Maybe they might already have it done already, but who knows, I would like to try one! I wonder how much trouble it would be to sell in mass productions. They should make some kind of recipe or some sort of your idea, but check if it's been done already!

Well. I was looking more into it. There has been somthing like it and it wasn't sucessful. The cookie gets to cold and not as yummy. So I tried it and ya didn't work that good. The icecream ozzes out the sides and splits the cookie. It was really bad. But icecream and cookie is good. Just not icecream in cookie. If this would work like make a hollow cookie this could work. But so far there is no "Hollow" cookie. I will look into this more and keep you posted. If anyone else wants to try tell me.

Nice topic to start off... I jumped into the topic on seeing the words cookie,ice cream etc... I should say your idea is a very delicious one.. But it is already implemented, i should say.. One ice cream company in our region prepares such baked cookies with ice cream between it . And the good news is that it is a very popular and fast moving item from that company... So maybem you could start improving yourself as a chef and give a thought on pursuing catering for your career... You seem to have brains of a Good Chef..

It's the same sort of princple as a cream puff, isn't it? With a cookie instead of a pastry. Youd have to have a cookie that was somewhat fluffy on the inside and with the small size, as velocityprofiles suggests, you'd have to inject them while they were hot. You'd have to use sort of softserve homemade ice cream. But, yeah, if it was possible to do I would definetly eat that. Regular ice cream sandwiches are onew of my favorite "cheating foods" in the world.

I made ice cream sandwitches with chocolate cookies. Dosn't work, the cookie loeses it's flavor from beeing frozen and it tates nasty. I wouls suggest you don't try it. Just drive down to the store and buy some ice cream sandwitchs. I made my mind this would NEVER work. Unless we can have warm cookie with cold icecream.

Jajajaja that well look that my I like much the desserts and this one this one very good this idea of conbinar the elados with the cookies is good shaft prepares it todayThe life is the alone one it is necessary to enjoy it and better even with the sweet thing that is :)

Yes, it's true, you would need a rather thick cookie to do this. The only problem with this invention would be once you freeze the ice cream cookie, you would have to wait a while for it to dethaw and then once it dethawed it would probably make your cookie soggy and then the icecream would probably leak through the cookie, leaving you with a horrible mess. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm an avid fan of cookies and ice cream, I mean I work at Dairy Queen, so I know a thing or two about the combination of the two, YUM! I have a recipe for theses cupcakes where you make chocolate cup cake mix like normal, put it into a cupcake pan with liners and then drop in a mixture or cream cheese, chocolate chips and some other stuff with a spoon and tada: Uber Yumminess!

Sounds interesting. I don't know if actually cookies however are flexible enough to have ice cream injected into them. I know its possible with cake, because the cake gives way without destroying the entire thing. A cookie on the other hand is hard and would crumble to bits. Maybe if you make a cookie that is similar in texture to a cake, but keeps the taste of the cookie I think you can do it. Either that or make a cookie mold with whole in the middle.

If you were going to do the syringe idea you would have to get a big needle. Maybe a baster would work better. You would ahve to make sure that nothign would clog up the thign that you are suing so no chucks of chocolate. Also, I think it would be better to melt the icecream or have it soft and thta it would go into the cookie fast and you could get more in their.