xisto Community
tractor

Ice Cream Injected into Cookies

Well one day when i can bake the out side and freeze the inside i will be able to. Like a micro wave cooks from the inside out make a frezzer that freezes the inside and not the outside. Then i could make a fine cookie. In other words here are some things i need:1. FAT cookie2. Freezer thingy3. Icecream :) DUH!!!4. NeedleAnd then there we go not sure how to make a fat cookie though.

Whilst reading this i was thinking of the process you would have to go through and about the cookies themselves. My thoughts on this are, you would need melted icecream not frozen so that it will inject properly. You would need something like what people use to put icing on cakes, and you would have to inject it into the cookie whilist warm, just cooked. I think it should be done whilst warm is the cookie isnt hard yet and still quite soft so it should be able to be injected. But you could also try it while cold.My advice would be to make several batches of the cookies as you can try thousands of different ways to make them and inject them. Also once you have worked out the best way to inject and keep the cookies intact, you should definatly write it down and not rely on your memory to remember how it was made.Good luck on your icecream cookies, and i hope they turn out well.

Maybe you could take two cookies that haven't been baked yet, so I guess, that would make them blobs of cookie dough, and put one on top of the other, except kind of mold it together at the bottom. Then you'd have something like a hollow lump on your cookie, and after it's baked you can somehow put ice cream in there with a needle or something similar. Or you could just leave a hole in the lump, and then put ice cream in the cookie with a seringe.

Even though the idea sounds fun and delicious :) , Caped Crusaider is right. It would be impossible to fill a cookie with real, iced ice cream because it wouldn't squeeze in the shringe. I also believe that even melted ice cream wouldn't work because it is way too thick. Then again, there's also the idea of making a gigantic cookie and "pump" ice cream inside, which brings me to my off-topic idea:

One day in Golden Coral (a buffet restaurant around my area, or around all of U.S.), the bell rang signalling the new load of fresh bread rolls. I quickly grabbed one and strode back to my seat. But on the way, i noticed the ice cream machines nearby. So i took up a knife and cut a pretty narrow but large hole in the roll, then using a spoon i stuffed as much ice cream as i can inside. After finally taking a bite, i found it to be ginormously (yes, gigantic + enormously) delicious! You won't believe the taste when you combine something hot and cold together!

Which also leads me to think that the best way to eat this ice-cream filled cookie, would be to fill the cookie with ice cream when it is hot off the oven and eat it immediately.

Hey, this is making me terribly hungry for ice cream! :)

Melted ice cream in a liquid how would it be to think? I think this would work now just make the cookie dough like a hollow ball. YOu guys are kinda of weirdos saying liquidfied ice cream wouldn't fit cause its to think.

how would you make cookie dough into a hollow ball? Now there's an interesting thing to try to figure out. You could figure out a way to have a hole on the inside before you put them into the oven but it seems that the dough would collapse onto itself during baking.

Edited by brandice (see edit history)

While reading Tractor and Brandice's posts it came to me, you need ice cream in the middle of the cookie right? Ofcourse, Making the cookie hollow isn't easy right? Wrong, well this isn't what you should use but you should use something along the same lines. Well, first you need to find something that is edible and hard so it wont callapse along with the dough, something like cake icing well you need it to be hollow, and also hard thats important, but maybe not too hard. While making the dough get your hollow hard edible thingy and put the cookie dough around it, it would probably be a good idea to put the ice cream in first, now all you need to do is bake it and then it will be what you want once its frozen.This may not be what you want to use but it is along the same guidelines that may actually work. I immagine that this will work as the dough will stay hollow and wont collapse, also the ice cream can be injected into it and not be difficult. I am sorry if this isn't very helpfull, but i hope it has given you an idea on what to do.

I think that having ice cream injected into cookies is a good idea.It would probably be quite difficult getting enough ice cream in the cookie so you are able to taste it. Cookies have quite a strong taste, or at least the cookies that I've eaten (In England) have quite a strong taste.Also, the cookies are quite small, so there wouldn't be a lot of room where you can place the ice cream.However, I can't see why it couldn't be done. All it needs is someone to produce it and bring it out on the market.I reckon something like this will be out in the supermarkets fairly soon. Cookies and ice cream sound like they go together nicely.

LOL, yeah it reminded me of a maxibon aswell, i didnt particularily like those. Maybe because i have semi or full sensitive teeth, they always hurt my teeth. I think it was the whole biting into ice cream thats cold, but the cookie with icecream may make it warm and easier to eat. Good luck with this Tractor. Post if you have any advancements in the field of Ice cream cookies.

I must say that it is indeed a delicious idea. But again even I am confused as cookies are solid so how do you inject icecream in them? How do you make hollow cookies? I got to make sure to try my hands on the first one when I come across it.

Sounds like a good idea :lol: But there are a few things you will have to consider to get the best taste, are you going to have the ice cream inside the brownie, on top of the brownie or beneathe or between two brownies, also you probably should look at the different ice cream flavours, as you have chocolate brownies and they might not taste good with some flavours. Also back onto the cookies, have you given up on them or are still trying to make them? I had an idea to stop the ice cream melting, i havent tried it so im not sure if it works. OK heres what i thought, get some good quality cooking chocolate, as normal or cheap wouldnt taste nice, melt it and either dip the two cookies (with ice cream in them) into the melted chocolate, or alternatively you could place the chocolate around the area where the cookies join. I thought that this would add to the flavour and also it will stop the ice cream from melting out (if your quick enough). Good luck with your brownies and cookies.

I've come up with an idea to stop the icecream-injected cookies melting when you eat them.... Eat them in Alaska!. Apart from eating the cookie in a cold climate, there's probably not much you can do that will be very practical :lol: Oh well, keep on trying!