xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Acquisition Of Imagefilez.com By Xisto began on Aug. 31 and now complete

As always. Xisto and Xisto will continue to grow larger and larger. XXDCongratulations GuYs! ^_~ Two Thumbs up!

Nice work on the expansion, it appears to be going well. I hope you every success with the new venture, and hope you can help to not only provide a killer service yourselves but to help improve the more mainstream image hosting services (they know who they are) as to me these have always been a bit lacking (something which I cannot say about Xisto). To be Honest I didn't see Xisto going to far away from all out site hosting, I guess this proves me wrong (well this and all of the other services I just realised Xisto provided) ... anyway Good Luck.

Edited by Shadowcast (see edit history)

This is definitely an improvement in the service. There is much more convenience while posting in Xisto. No more needs to go to a seperate URL like imageshack, upload the image and then copy the url and enclose it with the relevant tags. Good move by Xisto.

Since ImageFilez was bought from a previous company not under the same terms as Xisto, it will take some time until filters can be placed--if at all. It's something that OpaQue can only answer.

The burning question is why ImageFilez over other image hosting sites? Well one cool thing currently is that you can zoom in or out by using mouse fly wheel right at your browser. Using mama_soap's image http://forums.xisto.com/topic/41793-acquisition-of-imagefilezcom-by-xisto-began-on-aug-31-and-now-complete/ place your mouse anywhere on the picture. Then roll your mouse fly wheel (that's the one used for page scrolling up and down) and you'll see that an image can be zoomed in or out. It's great if you're showing off highly detailed picture.

If you have not registered for ImageFilez account, the image uploaded will feature "http://www.xisto.com/;watermark at the lower right hand corner.

Congratulations on the acquisition and lets hope that Xisto which brought us Xisto will continue to grow. IMHO, Imagefilez and Xisto hosting together will provide a efficient package towards free ad-free subdomain hosting with all the bonuses. All the best with the venture :)

You probably did in the Staff section. This makes it official and public.
Another notch in the belt. Go, Opaque.

Ah, right.

Well then, congrats to Xisto for another accomplishment. <3

Congratulations for this acquisition. Image uploaders are something that I use a lot... linking avatars, showing image to friends, post them on forums, it?s very useful. I?ve always used imageshack. I?ll bookmark this and try to use it in the future.It?s a really good way to make xisto a more integrated company, with different services. Good luck, I?m sure we will use I a lot in these forums too, to upload sigs, avatars, photos, etc.

I think this is great that there is yet another way to support Xisto. I am a member of Xisto and Xisto, and now I can sign up for Imagefilez. Currently I use Photobucket, but I'm not so attatched to it that I can't change over. I just wish the watermark said something that included Xisto in it, so people could know where my full support is. But at least I do.

just a doubt can we upload flv videos? (or any idea if you can let us upload them soon?) and another thing...for example i want to load a video hosted on ImageFilez BUT i want to play it online via flash, the problem is that sometimes flash doesnt let you play or "extract" files or data from other than your own server location... and in order to do that it is needed a xml usually called cross-domain.xml.... do you think you can let us have that advantage? it would be something like youtube but youtube has already a flv player included and that doesnt help very much....

That's great news! I really like how the Xisto corporation is really improving and having more things that are free. I absolutely love free stuff, espically at a young age where money is hard to use on the internet. As generous as imagefilez is, I still like to use photobucket because it has more bandwidth.

@BuffaloHELPI couldn't zoom in or zoom out using the mouse wheel... =(

Either your browser disabled javascript, you were using FireFox or the mouse cursor was not on the picture at all times.

If you're using IE, try first clicking on the image (you'll see that it zooms in and out on default size, works with FF), and then place the mouse cursor at the picture all times and scroll with your mouse wheel. :)