xisto Community
OpaQue

Mysql Downtimes...

this attacks are very annoying you know??? can't you stop those type of attacks? can't you do anything about them... because all the sites based on mysql stop working almost a full day.this happen few days ago and I was a little disappointed by your response time.anyway, I hope you'll do it right.

You guys have to understand that the MySQL is very valnerable (omg I can't spell) to attacks. Xisto doesn't put any type of limitation on it. Thus anyone is able to put in badly configured scripts or purposely putting it on to harm the server. The MySQL downtimes are always temporary anyways. Also, MySQL is only a small portion of your site. I assume that your other scripts are unaffected by the downtimes. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) Other places don't even offer MySQL.

I wonder if OpaQue can force those members who are abusing or misusing SQL to host their SQL on another host so that other members can use Xisto server with peace. I am getting tired of people thinking that it's Xisto's server issue when over 99% of the time it's someone messing with SQL.

These operations that people perform on Xisto, um can they perform these opearations on their own computer and its free too? I know you can install a database and server on your computer like apache or something. Would that be the same? or maybe Xisto is too good that it has lots of things?

Well Trap 17 offers such a great Hosting Service for us. And someone has to try and muck it around. But the true reality on this is that there will also be someone like that around everywhere you go. Wether it is some kiddie doing it for fun, wether it is a competer from another Hosting Server who really knows.Honestly, people like that need to grow a brain and stop trying to ruin things for other members. We are here cause we like what we get, we like the people, for our own reasons. And I know for me, I have already had several people trying to get me to move to another Hosting Company, and I tell them the same thing all the time. "Sorry I am happy with Trap 17 and that is where I intend to stay. Thank you for the offer and have a nice day".

I can't believe that some members, or competitors, have the nerve to try and disrupt this free service. I also can't believe that somebody sent out 50,000 emails :P , there isn't even that many members here. Anyways I'm sorry about this user, or competitor, did this. I think their actions will be regretted whenever nobody likes their service :P

This is indeed a problem. So many of the website abilities are enabled that it makes it difficult on others due to e-mails, people running scripts to test the server's limits, and just messing around in general. I wish that people would be more considerate of this website. It's not just affecting Xisto.com, but everyone else who has an account here as well. Things have improbed quite a bit I've noticed, so I hope it continues to stay this way into the 2006 new year.Oh, by the way, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! :D

Anyone who's decent will not have tried to send 50,000 emails at once with most being duplicate... the rules state that you must not do any mass emailing, and I think this qualifies... Most likely you guys are right and these are reckless competitiors trying to destroy us. Or they're just some stupid people who want to mess with anything and don't give a darn about anything.This is just something that makes you wanna use profanity, but I'm good enough to control my rage. But one question: how does dam count as swearing?

why don't these people do this to the competitors and test it on theirs so they don't screw ours up? :D just kidding. For basics like PHP, you can setup your own little test server cheap, but for advanced stuff, you probably have your own server allready... I remember when that happened, it happened frequently too. Well, Glad that's over...

Mmmm.. maybe you should type a list of bad conducts using mysql that can harm Xisto. Because there may be people doing things wrong without knowing it. I read here that massive mails are a problem, for example... but I suppose there are lots more. If there was a list saying "don?t do this and that" you (admins) could ban users that make wrong uses of mysql... well, maybe after one warning. I mean, just to say "you did that wrong and you were warned about it, so your hosting is terminated".

Well thats WRONG! How can someone be so evil to do that...TRAP17 is the best free service you can find on the web and someone still wants to destroy it! I just can't help it, but to feel the desire to kill those poeple..

long live Xisto!