xisto Community
OpaQue

Mysql Downtimes...

well. sending 50.000 at a time will make server very busy.Some suggestion for me, if you want to send email to thousand address. It's better to send not at once. e.g: let say you want to send email to 1000 members. Try to send per 200 address, 200 x 5. To do so, you must design your scripts.Also use sleep() function in PHP, esspecially inside loop when use send email. So it will not make the server send all the email at once!. We not use this server alone guys!.Hope's help! <_<

Wow,Why would someone wanna do that when everyone here treats people with respect and curtisy.Some people in this world like to take anger out on people they probely don't know.

Hi all,I am a new member here and do not know much about Xisto. However with regard to the first post in this issue, I would like to point out that the servers (both MySQL as well as Tomcat) went down because users had access to these servers, I dare say, without authentication. There are various methods (which I am sure that you are aware of) to restrict a client or validate his inputs at the client side itself before the database or the web server gets accessed. Implementing these methods may secure the servers in future.Regards.

Hi all,I am a new member here and do not know much about Xisto. However with regard to the first post in this issue, I would like to point out that the servers (both MySQL as well as Tomcat) went down because users had access to these servers, I dare say, without authentication. There are various methods (which I am sure that you are aware of) to restrict a client or validate his inputs at the client side itself before the database or the web server gets accessed. Implementing these methods may secure the servers in future.

Regards.

Just to let you know, this topic is from 2004. This was a REALLY long time ago. Xisto was much different, and not as big as it is today. This issue has been resolved, and really shouldn't be up for anymore discussion so it does not confuse anyone.