xisto Community
cgrim29588

How Many Of You Have A Job?

i did wholesaling when im in highschool. when they need for example raincoats that are the same type for school uniform they will call me up.i did 20k in ph peso back then. 1 us dollar is to 30 pesos before so its a big sum.wangad company or is it wangas? dunno but its in de and they are hiring me to be a low key representative in asia but still thinking about it

Yes i do have job but right now out of work do to knee injury i drive tow trucks for a career and got hurt fell in a big ditch pulling a car out of it i have been driving tow trucks for 8 years now and i enjoy it but sometimes it gets rough because of weather and some of these crazy drivers on the road ive seen many bad accidents and people that got killed in there cars its a bad job to see that but someone has to do it so this is what i wanted to post it is a very great job making about 27,000 a year not bad money for this job.

well i have had a few jobs since i left school. the best two which i am successful with are :-Aerial and sattelite fitterWhen i left school this was my first job. Was there for two years. doing all sorts of stuff from foreign sattelites to just a tv point. best part of the job is your not just stuck in the same place all the time. you movin all round country meeting all kinds of people. plus the benefits of knowing how to do all this is that anyone you know will want you to do the work for then as they know and trust you.ElectricianAt the minute i am training to be an electrician. this is the hardest thing i have done. work four days a week and then on day release for college. the amount of stuff you have to learn is unbelieveable. i can do the job its just getting the qualifications. but just a year and half left to get them.disco and karaoke'sthis one i just do in my spare time in pubs and clubs. get to see all sorts when they drunk trying to sing

My job is replying to the new topics on Xisto. seriously thats what I do after school. Apart from that no... I dont have a job i am a student!edit: okay entrepeneur, no joke. I sell things and am part of a business as an entrepeneur

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

I have had a hell of a time in the job department lately. I always had a job for the summer. My first job was at Dairy Queen, and worked there for 3 summers--since I was 16. I only worked summers, especially since college because I would never have time during college. Finally I quit last summer, and now that classes are over I have been desperately searching for a job. I have had a bunch of interviews and filled out about 15 applications, but I couldn't seem to get a job. I was getting worried. Finally this morning I got offered a job at Bath and Body Works, and what a relief! You just have to make sure to call back about a week after you apply.I actually used to work for my dad at the grocery store he owned when I was about 11-13. Then, I worked at Hillcrest Family Restaurant as a waitress, but I was only 15 and it was too much for me. So I worked at DQ when I was 16 and also worked at Crafts Direct senior year. CRAFTS DIRECT SUCKED. If you want a boring, stuck-up job, work there. I quit and returned to DQ. As a sophomore in college I decided I could do better than fast food, so I quit last summer. Now I am 19 and I'm going to be a junior, and I decided to try retail again and I'm excited to start at Bath and Body tomorrow. :DGood luck to all in their jobs/school/careers.

I finally got my first job just a week or two ago!I work at a local grocery store, stocking shelves, bringing carts in from outside, helping people put groceries in their vehicles, etc.Its a pretty good job, and I'm definitely enjoying it so far. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it :D

I am also a student and work at Asda, part of the walmart family. I study in cambridge, so rent is twice as much as what i would pay in my home town but my student loan does not reflect this and my parents cannot pay for me so i have to have a job. My contracted hours are 12pm to 8pm on saturdays and i earn ?6.44 an hour (not sure what that is in dollars) which is not bad pay although in my home town i would be earning ?7 - ?7.50 an hour. The good thing about asda is they are really flexible and i am able to drop hours if need be and also do as much overtime as i like. During the summer i will do 60 - 65 hours a week, and if i am low on money during term time i can usually fit in 35 hours a week which is a bit of a struggle around my university work but i have managed it before as well as being able to keep my grades up. Usually i will do my normal shift and a couple of four hour evening shifts which keeps me ticking over.I am studying zoology and my lecturers are not very positive about getting a job after i graduate. They recommend either studying for a masters or phd or volunteering for a couple of years. Still these pathways do not guarantee a job as there are so many people trying to get into the field. There are some jobs which pay fairly well and i could use my degree for, such as water quality positions, but i do not want to work in these sorts of jobs. Hopefully my degree will not be a waste of time and i'll be able to use it after i graduate without getting into loads of debt, and i am keeping my fingers crossed for the future!

Currently I work at a fluid dynamics lab at a local college. Best job ever. We get to screw around and work on cool experiments and get paid for it.

I have had my share of jobs in my life. I am currently beginning a Design and PrePress job at a local printer. I have been doing a 2year stay at home career watching my kids... It is great, being a dad and all, but I need to start doing the ME and not so much 24/7 dad patrol.I will always be dad, I will be able to enjoy time back at home when I come back from work. I have three degrees and I have been looking for real work now for a few months. It is just not that easy to find the jobs here in NC, or maybe go as far as saying the Design/Computer field is nice, but not as easy of a find.And it is like cut throat with other applicants being so competitive... So I am happy to have landed this job. It is starting out more entry level and then working my way back up to where I may want to be... so I will start at 12/hr... but will work my way to at least 15/hr.

I've had 3 jobs in the past but now I've quit every single one. and currently looking for a new job. Im from australia and i applied for Diva accesories. Any one know how much they pay? whether its good or not? I hate how they take so long to reply.. I heard that the policy is that they have to call after 2 weeks other wise we can call up. thats true right?

Hmmm.....all of you have jobs...Nice.I completed my B.Tech(Bachelor of Technology) one year back......and still unemployed.IT industry in India is in very bad position now, and it getting harder to get jobs here.Hope I will get some job soon.......

I have had a few jobs in the past but now I work for myself mostly doing stuff online. I decided after a while that the only way to go for me was to work for myself. I have four different online income streams including ebay, financial market trading and online marketing. I sometimes find myself working much longer hours than I ever did for a boss, but I don;t even see it as "work". It's just me doing my thing and getting paid.Here's the theory: you get up in the morning and put in a whole days worth of energy - every day- to make money for someone else. sure you get paid for your efforts, but it's usually only a small cut of what you have actually earned in that day. It has to be that way in order for your job to exist at all.Now, if you go ahead and put the same amount of energy into doing your own thing to make money, you are going to make a lot more.The excuse people make is that they have to pay bills right now and need a job that is sure to pay.Here's some news for you NO JOB IS SURE TO PAY. So you can go to work in an office taking calls or in a factory doing some repetitive task, and get $300 for the whole week, or you could go out, get a lump of clay, make a funky shape out of it, then sell it for $3000.If you cant make clay models but you're good at cooking then you can hire yourself out as a private chef for $100 an hour. If you cant cook but are good at coding websites then you can offer your services at a competitive rate to companies. You'll have to promote yourself to achieve any of this but you cant promote yourself while stuck in the factory/workshop/office taking orders from someone else.Think about it.

hey i am doing Engineering in comp sci.... It is a 4 year course and i am in my third year...So far i haven't done any job...next year i will get placed in some company through our college's campus placement.....i am 19 years old...here in India, part time jobs are not very common among school going crowd....people believe in getting a job after their education is over...

I always wanted to have job and don't have one yet....After finishing school .....I went to work in a call center ..worked there for just 2 months...didn't earn much...During schools sometimes I used to give tutions and earn a little but found the work to be very boring and too time consuming for a student like me...so didn't really worked out for me...Now I m a computer engineering student...soon I will be joining some software company...and I m quite excited about it...I always wanted to have an income of my own...soon I will be a self dependent man.....which I always wanted to become....

i had a job lol i was making good money too.... for my age(17) but then the summer ended and they closed so now im jobless iv been looking really hard but everywere i look u need to be 18 and i could really use some cash right now so maybe i could pay for sum hosting but this is fun forums are cool. whoever said nothings free =D