xisto Community
cgrim29588

How Many Of You Have A Job?

I've just recently got one. I reckon I would call it a job...I'm a student as well yes. My job is ... well, my family owns a chinese takeaway business. I man the desk at the front on Friday's and Saturday's. They're my regular shifts. On Friday I work from 5-9, and on Saturday, 5-11Then I have other days like Christmas Eve, and New Year's Eve.My wage? Depends where you live :) Anyway, I get ?10 a night, which isn't bad. I used to just get ?5. We opened recently, and there weren't too many people. But business is steady and rising... kind of.It's hard, juggling your job, school and general social life. As this is a family business, I can't exactly go "I quit" and nor will my parents sack me. Which I guess is an advantage and a disadvantage. It means I'll have to work, until I finish school.I find myself, too busy, and stressed. What with major exams, homework, and my job. Especially now, Christmas.I work one night, next night, visit my relatives for Christmas dinner, and the next, visit more friends. Then a break, and two more nights at work. Then a break, and finally another day at work. I have to study for major exams, and I'm getting worried, looking at the time I've got.Not to mention, my social life, which is zilch. My social life, sad as it may seem, is only coming out of the internet. If I cancel that down, my life is basically ... boredom.My wages, and my pocket money I have to save. My family isn't particularly rich. If I get into the university I want to go to, I'll have to get a student loan.My age, doesn't reflect who I am inside. To deal with all of this at my age, I would say is pretty mature...

Well I'm just going to update my entry, since that was like around 3 years ago. I graduated early this year and I'm now working in the IT arm of Safeway (I don't know if people from the States are familiar with the chain of stores) here in my country. I just started in October as a trainee and now I'm a programmer analyst (although I'm still in the orientation part since we're being introduced to the technologies we're going to use at work). I earn enough (actually, more than enough) for starters. Work's going to be hectic in a few weeks from now so I still have some free time. Trying to make the best out of it.

I would like a job... But there is not many jobs around here for people as young as me. All I can do here is to clean old ladies houses.^^

Well back as a freshman and sophomore in high school I did some landscaping for seven dollars and hour. I did this with my friend because his father owned the company but soon he moved on and because I couldn't drive I had to look for something else. Now a little over a year later as a junior I have spent some time applying for jobs now that I am finally 16 but I failed for a while until I ran into an old neighbor who is opening a pizza business. So now I will be working there which I am grateful for. Not sure what I will be making but I will be happy for anything because I am saving for a trip to Europe for school this summer.

I am currently 15, but I have not had a job yet, unless you can consider volunteering at the school lunch line, or volunteering at non-profit organizations.I'm planning, though, to get a job over the summer. Time to mass email companies. :)

Right now i work for a cleaning company cleaning certain bank branches. We usually clean around 7-12 banks everyday.. its boring and tiring but i still enjoy the pay.. i started as a cashier at a&p supermarket a couple years ago and this is my 3rd job..

Well I'm just going to update my entry, since that was like around 3 years ago. I graduated early this year and I'm now working in the IT arm of Safeway (I don't know if people from the States are familiar with the chain of stores) here in my country. I just started in October as a trainee and now I'm a programmer analyst (although I'm still in the orientation part since we're being introduced to the technologies we're going to use at work). I earn enough (actually, more than enough) for starters. Work's going to be hectic in a few weeks from now so I still have some free time. Trying to make the best out of it.

Way to go, MB! I knew you'd make us proud! Yes, Safeway is HUGE here. We live in a tiny village and shop at Safeway when we go to town. They've got pretty good stuff, I especially love their new "O" organic line. Good prices on that too.
I'm unemployed now, again. Saved up $10,000 USD toward a new work truck from the last job that only lasted five weeks. I just need a few more of those jobs or one that lasts a few months and I'll have all I need for the truck. I'll post a picture when I finally get it.

I am a college student in my Junior year studying Graphic Design and Communications.In my free time (well, my non-class time) I work as a Graphic Design assistant on campus (10$ / hr) and at night I work as a waitress to pay the bills. If anyone needs a great job that makes a lot of money, and you are friendly, you should definitely look into serving at a restaurant. You can make at least 100$ per night in tips at most restaurants, varying from the degree of the quality at the place, but it is also a great place to market yourself and make connections with the rest of the world.

I go to college, but I'm taking this semester off because I messed up my scheduling. I now work at UPS....and it's hell. Not because of the starting pay of $8.50 an hour, just the actual labor: Boxes get jammed up in the chute or they don't go all the way down the rollers. Sometimes they fall off....and that can happen so frequently that you can't even get out of the trailer! lifting up tp 50 lbs for 5 hours isn't exactly fun, but it is one hell of a workout. By the end of the first week I could feel that my arm muscles were bigger. I dunno if I'd recommend working there, though....it isn't exactly for everyone.

I used to work at this one logistic company its was rough to say the least. I did it for about 6 months because I needed the money, the pay wasn't great, just minimal wage or maybe a bit higher. The people there were not too friendly either. Most of them smoked, liked to drink and probably didn't care if they lived or died the next day. Also racism and discrimination was normal there. Thats a bit of an exaggeration but you get the idea lol. There was a few people there that I didn't mind they were OK good people who showed each other respect. The job started early like 6am and finish about 8 or more hours later. Sometimes they asked us to stay back because there was a lot more work that needed to be done. Well the job was pretty much unloading containers all day :E. You know those containers that come off the boat. They rushed us too so after a while you build strong arms but man it was stupid because there would be very hard items like cans of food or what not and you would have one person toss it and the other catch and load it onto the pallets. This worked OK if the two are in tune but there would be times where someone would go too slow and the object would be tossed and either it was dropped or it hit you on the finger when you try and fail to catch it. We lost so much product from breaking them it was stupid, I dont know how the company deals with it they probably say it got damage in shipment and insurance will cover it or something. The logistic companies hire people who ain't even trained properly for the job because its cheaper to pay someone unqualified. Theres been cases since I was there where a young kid who thought he was a hot shot started driving the folk hoist around even when he had not been trained to. Of course that day we happen to be moving some 40 inch LCD tvs around and he ended up dropping about 6 of them lol. I think all of them got damage and was just junk. Oh and We also move Dell computers in new Zealand lol. Dont buy them man I drop them on the ground like it was junk so does all the other workers there. I'm surprised they get there to their customers working lol.If you see your box damaged you know its been treated badly. That was my last job and probably worse ever in my whole life just because of the boss, co workers, and job was crap. I finally said screw this theres no point working here when I have other skills I should just try and get a better job.

Yes I have a Job. now i am a Technical Analyst in a startup company (Interchain Solutions - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) based in Bangalore.

The company has 2 flagshipp products and other customized solutions for Big Customers.

Products

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I am not an full time employee. I am an intern here. The work is so good and Challenging. Good place to know and learn stuff.