xisto Community
BooZker

My First Go At Professional Logos Do you think they look professional?

Many of you have seen my other logos which we more cartoon and "artsy". I wanted to try my luck at some professional looking logos. Here are 2 for my site http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ which i am currently redoing, so yes, i know they do not match the current site. So here they are. Tell me what you guys think. They are plain and simple professional looking logos, or at least i think they are lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

What do you think?

Well, I liked the first one but you could do with a better background and also the O&J logo.I didn't like the text though.

I say for surwe the swecond one looks the best, only problem you cover the O way too muchalso you sould do vector type logos of those same logos you have htere. to see if they look good as well

The first one is the better one because you can read the text better which is what you want for a profession logo. The only thing is that i would add some bezel and drop shadow effects to the text so you read it better and so it matches the circles betters. Just a suggestions.

I say for sure the second one looks the best, only problem you cover the O way too much

Exactly what i was going to say.
But i have more of course. :D Maybe if the logo wasn't slanted (a "Y" shape), and you placed "O&J" on top of "Productions" and centered everything, with the logo behind it, it might look nice.

As for the first one, i'm not sure if the Satin effect is helping. But i would definately increase the size of the logo so "O&J" can fit and not touch the edges. And add a stroke to the text.

Well, I liked the first one but you could do with a better background and also the O&J logo.I didn't like the text though.

Well this is supposed to be a professional logo and i was not even going to put backgrounds on either one. My friend said he liked the background better then no background, so i made one with and one without. They are supposed to plain and simple and the text is also. I make other logos which are much more detailed, but these are not supposed to.

But i have more of course. Maybe if the logo wasn't slanted (a "Y" shape), and you placed "O&J" on top of "Productions" and centered everything, with the logo behind it, it might look nice.

How do you mean? I want to try this out, but do you mean just litteraly overlapping the O&J on Productions? And i slanted the Y looking thing so it didnt look like a Y lol. Should i make it unslanted?

And i will fix the overlapping.

Do they look alright though for the first time ever making professional looking logos?

How do you mean? I want to try this out, but [1]do you mean just litteraly overlapping the O&J on Productions? And i slanted the Y looking thing so it didnt look like a Y lol. [2]Should i make it unslanted?

[3]Do they look alright though for the first time ever making professional looking logos?

[1]No, not overlapping, but i guess you can say, standing on top.

Like so:

O&J

Productions

[2]Just for the purpose of experimentation. :D I'd duplicate the layer just incase of quality-loss.

[3]Yes, they look fine, for your firsts. I still say the second one is the better one.

OHH like that. Yah i will try that.P.S. truefusion i love your avatar!

Edited by BooZker (see edit history)

P.S. truefusion i love your avatar!

Thanks. However, i can't take all credit for it. Since i asked if i could use it, from Klass.

The logo is ok but it looks like a biochemical thing no offence and if the logo belongs to a biochemical company BIG UP!-reply by Gibson

I definately preffer the second. In my opinion- a white background is the more professional look. The logo itself is very unique and recognisable. :)

These are actually pretty good, considering that they're static and not dynamic.Depending on how big you expect the site to get though, it may be more beneficial to go with Flash or something instead.