xisto Community
red_dragon_here

Is There Life Anywhere Else On The Universe ?

Even though our universe is very large, that does not say that it needs to be life somewhere else. Maybe, or maybe not. "Of course there is life" is wrong too say. Nothing is sure, so we can't say it is right or wrong. Personally I do not think there is - I think that even though it is a large universe, we are the only planet where it currently is life. But maybe there where life somewhere else, before humans came to this earth?

Well you could say their is a misconception about Life in the universe, or rather the answer itself. Is there other life in the universe? Yes and No. When it comes to species like human then the answer is no or rather unknown at this time, and the same could be applied to the rest of the life on Earth that has some sort of intelligence, communication, and survival. Now at the atomic, bactieria, and other microscoptic life levels the answer is yes because those are forms of life and in a way are the building blocks of life as well; however, since our technology is so limited and the universe is so vast that it could take millions or even billions of years to find anything remotely close to what Earth has. Of course the odds are low that we could receive a signal from some part of the universe, but you run into one problem that signal could be millions of years old, and by the time we get they could be long dead. Who knows though but of course I wouldn't worry to much about life else were and rather rather worry about life here, just because its more of a priority then anything else.

As far as life on other planets is concern, I believe it exist. As well as science supports the fact.Along with this Religious scriptures gives indications as well. And as we know we have seen some UFO evidences on earth too.Thats enough to believe the theory.

Can anybody tell me about is it possible ever to go to other planet's having life? i mean if some one knows latest data of NASA or something?

Of course it is! There are many different ways. But i doubt NASA will have the funds to do it. By the time where we could travel to space just as simple as going to a nearby amusement park, then we would have ships completely made of carbon nanotube fibres and titanium-carbon nanotube interweave as the hull.

Let us just hope that by that time, we have perfected the process of reviving people from suspended animation and that we can achieve the temperature of absolute zero. Let us also hope that we have achieved much higher propulsion efficiency.

But by then I doubt there will be a 'NASA' by then there should be a giant multi-national agency.

The probability of there being a planet much like ours and has life on it (much like humans) is very high. The probability of there being life on another planet (bacteria, microscopic organisms, etc...) is even higher. Actually, I remember whatching some show on this very subject in my astronomy class which said it is practically impossible for there NOT TO BE LIFE elsewhere in the universe.

The universe is infinitely big, and we've only been able to explore about 0.005% of it. So who knows what could be out there? I am one of the many millions of people who believes that alternative forms of life could exist out there. In fact, if things like "Antimatter" or "unparticles" are proven true, we have pretty much already proven there is. I think the real question is, though: "If there IS alternative life, what is it and how does it exist?" Just another question we may never answer...

The question is: Is faith part of science? Do scientists go around trying to prove what they believe in? As basically many have been saying, they believe that there is life out there besides what is on earth. If scientists are using whatever they can to try and prove such a thing, then they are running off of faith. But will their faith fail them? Of what evidence do we have to know that there is life out there besides what is on planet earth? Sure you can give out a lot of reasoning as to why you believe there is life "out there," but how does that go about in proving that there is life "out there"? It only brings more people to(wards) the faith.

The universe is infinitely big, and we've only been able to explore about 0.005% of it.

The second half means that we know the actual size of the universe and that it's not infinite. Which means it contradicts the first half. So, how big is the universe?

i for one is believes in God and science at the same time.many people believe that science and religion cannot coincide with each other but i think this is wrong.there is no verse in the bible that tells us that there are no other beings but tells us we are special. ( can anyone verify )i think also that an analogy: its so big there's something in it is false. one cannot say that the universe is big because we cannot see the other side.ok so i am ignorant and stupid and some other stuff that i don't believe that there other intelligent life out there. and science is really the answer to everything thenhow come everyday their are breakthroughs that contradict the old knowlodege that we hold true.how come astronomy is been here for thousands of years has still no answer to why the universe is expanding, how come it is expanding, where it is expanding into, and how really big the universe is.-- (don't tell me the calculations made by scientist thatpredicts the number of stars is true. then your calculating the prediction of numbers by predicting the variables and in math that cannot be)how come evolution is so believed that even if its logic about the giraffe is wrong we still hold evolution as true. ( give the missing link first then i will believe your evolution. one of the stupid analogy of scientist= A and C is so the same so there should be a B in the middle)

If there are to be any signs of life on another planet. I would believe that the lifeforms would be completely different to us, considering the different gravity, and living conditions on another planet. For example, the moon, instead of walking you jump. Other planets, may have varied temperatures as another example, or there may be lack of (or no) air on a particular planet, yet a lifeform may have other uses to stay alive.

That is why we as Earthlings continue to use science to explore the universe in hopes to find life that is just like us or even more advance, however, in order for Earthlings to truely explore the universe we nned to band together, and let go our pride and put all our sources together in order to create a space that is fast like the Enterprise in Star Trek, powerful defense capabilities like the Death Star in Star Wars,, and cost effective to not bankrupt the world 100 times over. Scientists specular that when asteroids were crashing into earth a few billion years ago, that one of the asteroids carried the human genome, and when it crashed into earth the process of human life would begin from there. Of course, it is the tales from science fiction stories that made us want to keep on exploring and seek out the answers to our existence, and the existence of the universe as well.

take a minute to think about this- life is VERY fragile! the only reason we exist is because we are EXACTALY the right distance from our star (the sun) for a number of variables to be just right for life to form:its not too hot or cold, so water stays mostly in liquid form (water is the universal solvent!)its the perfect distance for the perfect temperature for lifethe earths orbit is perfect - not too fast, not too slow, not too big, not too smallalso, we lucked out and got a planet that just happens to have oxygen, carbon, nitrogen, and hydrogen (the 4 organic elements); these are key to creating carbon chains, which form proteins, which then form deoxiribonuceic acid --- DNA!!!, which through adaptation, and other evolutionary processes evolves into more and more complex life (like us!) next, with the varitey of newly discovered exoplanets and the sheer number of stars in our galaxy, then with the sheer number of stars in the UNIVERSE! the probability of finding a star that supports a planet similar to ours is pretty good!so is there life, consider how fragile life is, and the perfect situation it requires to exist and you can see the possibility.... having said that, evolution, and stellar formation takes a long time! and our universe is estimated at 13.5 billion years old (that means it took that long for US to evolve!) so the final answer, and it is purely opinion at this point of scientific exploration and knowledge; but i think so. one last thought- IF it does exist, its probabily not just like us, at the very least, its probabily just a patch of weeds growing on some far away planet in some galaxy not yet discovered! like i said, its fragile, therefore rare!

The fact that Pluto was taken off the list of planets had me thinking about other planets and other galaxies.Surely somebody like us will be inhabilting one of those distant galaxies. If life started on the Earth, then it should have started on any other planet near a start like the sun. And there would be many such planets.
What sort of people world they be ? Would they also have houses, electronic stuff, nuclear weapons etc. Would they be more advance than us ? Communicate by thought. Travel through time etc. Would they travel through space and find us. Because there is no chance of our finding anybody in the near future. If somebody else is living on this universe they have to come and find us out.
Lets wait for them...

If you think about the theory of probability and apply it to the various observatory science results pertaining to the universal numbers, you will find it extremely amazing. There might be no reason we are alone in this universe. There are bound to be many more and possibly infinite similar, or more developed civilization having life forms!
We are just a part of large number of lives in this universe. There must be many such planets in our galaxy, then there are countless of galaxies so this number will multiply itself.

May be technologically they are much more advanced than what we are, may be they are watching or observing us right now. The only reason behind their not making any direct contact with us would be that we are not at their level in technology.

Time is also a dimension, so scientifically it should be possible to travel through time and those extra terrestrial intelligences might be using this type of travel as well.
In short there lies a scope for infinite possibilities out there, what we can do is just wait and watch!

Yes I agree, there must be life beyond our earth as well. Actually looking at all the data where distances go across limits such as billions of light years, we humans with all our scientific advancements have not reached to a limit of single light years....we have not even gone to pluto as of now...so we are no where at all! We are infinitesimal small when it comes to cosmic knowledge and we can assume two things:1. Either other forms of lives are constantly monitoring us. They might be on the same planet living with us and spying us!2. We are situated in the backyard of universe that no more developed civilization has yet contacted us....we are living life of a ignored planet.The day we can think of time travel, or travel into other dimensions and this light years become approachable I am sure we will discover yet unknown and unthinkable form of universe. All our developments will seem to be nothing!I am eagerly waiting for that day to come.

Statistically speaking, there has to be an infinite amount of planets that do not have life (Assuming the universe is infinite) of the finite number of planets we've looked, 1 has life on it right? So that means that the chance of finding another planet with life on it is 1 divided by some finite number. To prorate that for the entire sample, we have to multiply the top and bottom by infinity, which gives us an infinite number of planets with life on them. But then, you could also say that since our sample is 0% of the total (a finite number divided by an infinite number is 0) that means that the sample we use is a non-representative sample so it could tell us nothing :)