xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
red_dragon_here

What Do You Generally Use The Internet For ?

WOW, I use it for searching for plane flights, browsing google erth (need connection to internet for that)and I use it for gaming, checking email, website creating, communitys, TXT messaging, downloading psp stuff, well really.... i use it for pretty much everything...

I use the internet fairly regularly for so many different things, the usual forums i visit (including Xisto), I also visit overclocking, computer-type and music forums regularly to check out the happenings in computer upgrades, overclocking, etc and latest in most type of music (I'm not a fan of pop music however). Email, of course I use it quite frequently (Gmail all the way), also download music, games (yep go the SEGA emulators and the classics like Sonic 2/3, and so forth), news, stuff for academic reasons such university assignments, and of course pr0n every now and again.Also netbanking is a pretty good convience to manage finances and so forth. But there is the balance between real life and the internet <_<

uhm..... gosh i use the net for thousands of stuff but mainly for up to date sports news,downloading games,doing coding,school projects, but most of all for downloading mp3s and i think thats what most people also use it for,everyone wants to listen to the latest songs of their best band/artists etc. and mostly cos its free,lol <_< hehe

well i guess i use it mainly for msn, talking to friends from school, and runescape. including all runescape related things like community forums.also reading about bands and everything metal.other games sometimes like Soldat, downloading cool programs, research for school, and just random stuff for when im bored.and downloading videos...music videos kk...

Well i mostly use the internet to look at funny/stupid videos and usually check my clan site for halo 2 (Halo 2 Clan Website). but other then that i just be online and listen to music, i will probly play runescape when ever i get really bored of playing xbox live, but runescape kinda keeps me entertained because its free for one, and for two its actually a pretty good RPG. So i guess i mostly use the internet so i can do something when im really bored :D

i definately use the internet for communication...that is my number one answer....also i use the internet for information..the internet is infested with so much information yet there are many info that tend to be false...so unfortunately nothigns always right...and also basically games...i love playin pc games...i play pc games more than anything else like psp ps2 xbox or gamecube

Well, I usually use the internet to go on MSN and talk to my friends..see what they've been up to. I also use it for my site..i love it and i constantly update it stuff. I also use myspace a lot..I'm always on that site. And when school is on..I use it a lot for projects...for typing and finding information. It's the best source for information..you can learn so much on the internet. I also like listening to music on here. ANd I can watch my DVD's on here too, which is another bonus. lol..you can do everything with a computer.

I mainly use the internet for chatting to friends whilst playing online games. I also throw in some programming every now and then using websites for help.most bandwith would be used on downloading mp3s and movies

Hi,I use the internet for my work.. So I spend around 12-14 hours nowadays on my computer,, If I am not working then I visit online comic sites, e-books, blogs or google for some information...I like using the internet only for working though.. I feel that anything other than work online is just a waste of time EXCEPT posting here :P

Many reasons. Work, I'm usually on it at some point during the 7 hours when i'm at Work, most of the time on the internet at work would be for work reasons but also I do use the time to check emails, blogs, forums (This forum included of course!), e-books, comics etc during the breaks. Then at night when I get home its up to 2 hours trying to squeeze in either World of Warcraft or Counterstrike/Halflife time in. So yes, because of work i'm on the net a fair lot but do try to squeeze other things in as well.

I use the web for basically anything. I use it to talk to people and read email the majority of the time since these are tasks constantly done. The rest of the time i use if for research, answering questions, learning new infromation, staying up on news, and developing applications. The web is the best resource out there for programmers because as long as you know part of a function's name or what it does, you can get the definition almost instantly. This is a huge help when writing applications of all types.

Here is a report about how ppl use internet:email: 56.1%news: 53.5%search engine: 51.5%information: 41%forum/group: 36.9%online/download video: 36.3%messengers : 34.5%online music/broadcast: 34.4%document up/download: 32.9%online games: 26.6%blog: 25.3%shopping: 23.6%job : 20.8%chat room: 20.8%personal website: 20.3%e-magazine: 17.1%education: 14.3%online sales: 13.3%finance: 10.5%sms: 9.7%book/order/tickets: 8.6%online office: 7.7%society/club: 6.4%--------------------------------------------------woooph~ so tired to type so many numbers~ :P