xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
red_dragon_here

Oil Prices - Going North ; Cpu Prices - Going South.

We are living in a world were the price of Oil is going north by the day. We are also living in a world were the price of a CPU is going south by the day. Such an interesting situation. Technology has not helped much for our fuel needs. We are still using oil which we were using decades ago. We are nowhere near an alternative. What could be the reason ? Why are we able to do such rapid advances in technology but still not able to solve the issue of alternative energy sources ?A question with no answer - is it ?

We have alternatives of energy but it would cost just as much to make the change over to them. We have ethanol and hydrogen. Ethanol is put in many places who sell gas and it helps the gas mileage a ton. The only problem is with straight ethanol engines would have to be modified. That would make the government spend money as well as car manufacturers to make the changes necessary to make a car run smoothly on the alternative sources. I heard about DNA scientists that created bugs that will create hydrogen which would make it an infinite sort but the problem is running off it without it being costy. The new cars will cost thousands more which would be the gost of what you would spend on gas in that time. Hybrids do no good as well because after 5 years you have to replace the battery costing you $3000.

There are lots of alternatives to oil. Lots. But unfortunately multionationals rule the world and they?re not going to change their energy plans as long as petrol is such a great source of income. We all need it so we are going to pay more and more till we won?t have money to eat. I?m wishing that oil resources end soon but I suppose there are still a lot of decades left. <_< So technology doesn?t have nothing to do with it, we have technology and ideas but not intentions to change something that make some people wealthy.

we are too advancing in the Oil indistry's10 years ago cars got 15-20 MPG (Miles Per gallon) and trucks got near nothing, now adays cars are getting 25-30 MPG and SUV's get the 15-20 MPG.and beter yet, we now have ones that get 50-60 MPG on a half electric half gas cars, so we have advanced, we have advanced to using electricity instead of fully gas....now we just need to make a full electirc car to rid gas once and for all.... then people over in the oil countries will be crying... lmao newhoim glad that tecnology for computers is getting better, because in order to get better tecnology for oil, we need better tecnology in other things, because cars have computers in them, how do you think cruise controll works <_< that helps save gas as well :P

Oil prices have actually in my area dropped 10-20 cents. Gas is getting cheaper, but eventually it will be raised back up again... sigh.

Crude oil prices in Canada have gotten cheaper in the past week or two.But they will raise prices eventually. We have some alternatives, they are expensive to be implemented in and to be installed.

Ok here it is. They probably already have a cheap and easy. They just do not want to do it. Why? Because then all of the oil companies would go out of buisness. I bet that they are trying to hide it from us. I think that it is a very clean source but they just want give it out. They let some of it slide but they are not sharing all of it. <_< What a greedy world we live in. (It is just a form of PAPER!)