xisto Community
ivenms

Trap17 Should Offer Free Domain Name Why not starting free domain service?

Now days, free hosting can be seen on all places. But free domains are given only by a few sites or with big hosting plans. Also "Free Domain" catches a popular search keyword. You can provide free domains for 80 or 120 credits. Iam sure that this will increase Xisto popularity as well as its community.Please post replay about my sugession because i like to take a domain.

This topic was raised before and we have discussed that as of current time, Xisto is only Free Web Hosting, No Ads service. However, Xisto Corporation is working towards something similar to your idea (and others before you) when the time is right.Thanks for your suggestion.

Personally i think the way Xisto runs its hosting now is spot on. At least all us benitit from people posting to get there hosting accounts and like buffalo said its add free. Doesnt need to change really.

wow, Xisto is working on giving free domains ?? , i can hardly believe it ! when i saw this post and decided to reply i was going to write somrthing else but after reading buffalo's post i had to change my mind , i was like who is going to pay for all the domains ? how can opaque or xisto cooperation afford it ? but then again it would be definitley so great if Xisto can come with such a package , but surely even now Xisto is i can say unbeatable in what it is offering in regard to its competitors , having no adds and the other hosting features are much better than some paid hosting plans which give domains , and it is true , you can compare things like bandwidth and many more to paid hosts and find that Xisto is much more better ,as for the server uptime too i'm really impressed , good to luck opaque and xisto and all the staff of Xisto, whether free domains or not this is a great site and we are really trapped in it :):P

lol, i think that Xisto's hosting is superior over many free hosting sites, it is rare that you find a free host, that offers up-to-date Cpanel, no ads, and as much support as this place does, not to mention the uptime compared to others... do you really think Xisto needs more things to offer? lol but it is a good ideal even if domains are only 5.99

This topic was raised before and we have discussed that as of current time, Xisto is only Free Web Hosting, No Ads service. However, Xisto Corporation is working towards something similar to your idea (and others before you) when the time is right.

I am new to Xisto, and am a little incredulous that you can offer as many quality services as you already do for free. But the parent corporation is now giving some sort of consideration to providing no-charge domain names? Is there anything on the Xisto website that tells something of the company's history and business model? I would like to read about the company's background, and if you can provide a convenient link to such, I would be most grateful.

I am new to Xisto, and am a little incredulous that you can offer as many quality services as you already do for free. But the parent corporation is now giving some sort of consideration to providing no-charge domain names? Is there anything on the Xisto website that tells something of the company's history and business model? I would like to read about the company's background, and if you can provide a convenient link to such, I would be most grateful.

Well to know a little bit about Xisto go here http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I guess you already found the link called the Xisto Story so there is no need to post this link.

I believe Xisto - Web Hosting offers decently priced domains. I checked it once, but all the prices are kind of swirling together in my mind. While free domains might not be an option, what about...reduced price domains? For the first year or something? And then we can pay the Xisto - Web Hosting price. That would be pretty balanced to me. You still get money, we still get a discount for being members. You could also offer discount rates for long purchases.I'm only thinking economical because there are several thousand members of Xisto. Can you imagine how clustered registrars would be with that many free domains coming in? Think of the money Xisto could use based on that. The best option would be the discount, if at all, for Xisto/Asta/Xisto - Web Hosting members from Xisto's domain service. Yay, Biskie helps!

i personally think that if trap 17 offered free domain names. it would destroy the quality of the site. For one, the site would have every body and their grandma on it. not that thats a bad thing. Domain names are for people who are 'Serious' about making a website and have the financing to make it take off. When people buy a domain name they tend to put more effort into it because they have money invested into it but when you take away that investment you get a stale and boring site on a domain name that someone else could be using.

its not that im trying to bash the suggestion/idea i just dont think it would be in the best intrest of the site.

This topic was raised before and we have discussed that as of current time, Xisto is only Free Web Hosting, No Ads service. However, Xisto Corporation is working towards something similar to your idea (and others before you) when the time is right.

I did acknowledge the fact that you said that and i realized you said somthing 'similar'. I also know that the above might have been said needlessly but i have said my peice

I think Xisto should offer Free Domains for hosted members , that way will make Xisto the best Free Webhosting ever and willbe far from the 2nd place. Free Domains are very useful , they make hosted members' site better a lot , so I hope Xisto will do so.

Yes, everyone wants a free domain name but in my opinion it would ruin Xisto/Xisto. It would become so crowded here with people that just want a free domain name. When they find out they have to get XXX amounts of credits they'll moan and leave.It would put alot more stress on the admins, validating domain names as well as hosting accounts and managing the site. The moderators would have a tough job with all the spam, people asking for free domains etc.It would be nice, but it wouldn't be good.

I just want to give my 2 cents on this matter.

As joining Xisto.com, I have 37 credits to my account now, I am also a relatively new user to Xisto.com. I am amazed by Xisto services, giving what a paid host would give you with the exception of a domain name, and all this for FREE. That for me is the major plus, the simple requirement of keeping your credits above 0 stands, but when you come onto the forum, you realised that there is so many things to discuss about, learn and even teach to others. You will never feel that that there is nothing to post about.

What Xisto is doing, an ad-less site hosting with all the latest up to date features like mySQL ... etc, should have at least cost us a minimal fee, but it isn't here. On top of that, there is NO free hosting service out there who can match Xisto, I am not sure where they get the money to do all these things for free. But my guess is that it is done through the countless number of people visiting the forum which is giving them the necessary funds to keep their members happy, and I am sure it would be appreciated if every active member would visit the site regularly. Is that how you guys at Xisto earn your finances to keep the servers going?

And now with the free domain name, of course I would love that. It would be much better to get http://www.darran.com/ than http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ but I would leave it to Xisto. I am already more than satisfied with Xisto and if they want to make it even better, but at the same time not compromising our site's availability, I would say "GO FOR IT".

I think that Xisto should make something like this :Starter Package : 10 CreditsStarter Package + Free Dmain : 50 CreditsRegular Package : 30 CreditsRegular Package + Free Domain : 100 CreditsOr something similar to that , and if the person choose to have a package with a domain , after be approved , his credits change to the default but it drop 2 times faster than the normal hosted no domain members (That means he will lose 2 credits per day). That way would be good , I hope Xisto would offer free domain :)

Maybe Xisto can offer free domain and then Xisto has the fullest control over the domain and we can only use the domain on Xisto hosted accounts, which will kill off those freeloader trying to get their hands on a free domain... Well, having a free domain on our Xisto hosted accounts will sure look good on us, I wouldnt mind posting more for that lol.. :)