xisto Community
klo91

Any Suggestions For My Website?

Very Nice! You have put a lot of effort into this. I only have one suggestion about the navigation area on the left. I would make all the button text the same size; probably going to have to be the size of the longest line: Team Pages. I would also left justify them all. This will clean up that area nicely and be more consistent. The different sized text kind of detracts from the overall neatness of the page. I would give it a 9/10.

Overall the site looks good, but there are just a few niggling little problems. The main text down the centre of the page doesn't actually fit to the width of the box. The text overflows on the left hand side by a few pixels. There's also an odd space under the navigation links before the blue background image reappears, and I have no idea whats causing it. Other than those two problems your site looks OK, and you could also design a custom banner for the forums, to make it look more 'personal' to your site.

I like your site a lot, here are a few things to look at (as some have already mentioned) sorry if I sound mean, l please take this constructively.

1. On the right side by the word baseball, there is a black space, try to fill that in so your bar is the same color the whole way.

2. Maybe try creating a box (by adding a bottom bar) around the word "Shoutbox" and "Navigation".

3. Lower the left navigation a bit so there is a clear space between it and "Navigation".

4. The "Refresh" and "Smiles" buttons should show the whole text. This might be hard to do, just experiment with it.

5. Possibly elminate the border that occurs when you go over the menu options at the top. This might be accomplished by adding "border=0" or something. I am not quite sure how to get rid of it.

6. Make "News and Notes:" not spill off the edge of the background. This also applies to the (long) list of rules and "Welcome to the USFSL" introduction to the site.

9.5/10 - Very well put togeather with only minor errors.

Your website looks great friend. I like the colors and the layout. My suggestion is that you make the shout box a little bigger so that there is no need to scroll to view it. All others are great. Keep the work going on.

It looks pretty good. The only thing i'd change would be to make the 'United States' text in the logo a bit brighter. I'm not sure if it was your intention to dull it a bit to emphasise the 'fantasy sports league' text - if it was i'll shut up :)

It's nice. The "team pages" font is smaller than the other links. I know it's probably because it didn't fit with a big font, but try making all the links the same size, so that it looks more organized. But other than that, it's pretty good =)

well i have seen this layout somwhere on turtorial site. you didnt tried to do site on your own? but if you are beggining it s great start

The colour hurts my eyes, it's a bit too dark and we don't see the text on the header very well.The text in blocks is a bit too big and goes out.But I like it, I'd give you 8.

Wow I was thinking the same as most, it's actually a pretty good site as a first time. My suggestion is to cut back on the Bevel and Emboss used on teh main title Font.Also another thing that will help is making your navigation a bit smaller. the text is just way to big..other than that not bad at all keep it up

I think overall it is vey good but a few points that i think could be improved are:1. The logo text color is too similar to the logo colors so it blends so it is slightly hard to read2. When you go onto "Basketball" in the navigation menu the size of the text, to fit it in, is smaller than other text which looks abit strange.3.As others have said the text in the body of the home page goes off by a few pixels into the border.Over all i think the website is very good and has some good potential

Ewww, get rid of the bevel first. The color's actually not that bad, but you could use some work on your images. Also, you know, content on your pages would help. But not bad - 6/10.

Hello! A lot of problems I can find in your site, so let`s start with most simple:Your top navigation buttons aren`t good at all! That`s because when mousover it changes to stupid one... Try to change mousover image.Left-side navigation is too big, I would like to say too HUGE:) Make it a bit smaller:)Never use sth. like Arial in size 12 for your web-page! That looks really bad. Plus text goes over your contect box...There are too much colors for text in your homepage - white, blue, black, grey... Try to use not more then 2..In right side there is written : shoutbox, but shoutbox appears 5 inches lower! Now some more, harder things! For your shoutbox, I think, you added it as File to your homepage, so try to change code for it, because it doesn`t look good when I can see Scroll-bar for insered file, so here is code:<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"></HEAD><BODY bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000"><IFRAME name="Shoutbox" style="position:absolute;left:35px;top:22px;width:156px;height:332px;z-index:0" src="http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></IFRAME></BODY></HTML>Now, in mainpage there is a table, but It doesn`t look good, because I can see border! Here is code, for table without border:<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"><BODY bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000"><DIV style="position:absolute;left:20px;top:20px;width:376px;height:426px;z-index:0" align="left"><TABLE width="100%" height="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><TR><TD align="left" valign="top" width="188" height="426"> </TD><TD align="left" valign="top" width="188" height="426"> </TD></TR></TABLE></DIV></BODY></HTML>Those were main problems for your Webpage! If you fix it, your page will look ok!