xisto Community
iwuvcookies

Wen Is A Shoplifter Arrest Me Not really but i got annoyed shopping

I hit up the mall yesterday. I went into Pac Sun, Aeropostale, and some other stores. In one of the department stores, Sears, i was looking at a rack of clothes while talking on my cell phone to a friend. I sorted through the hangers of print tees and i started to look around. I was looking for where the check out counter is so i can go there. Then like some white **bottom** guy walks like in my direction with his cell phone and says "the coast is clear" or something like that. He must of thought I was looking around if someone was there so I may run off with the clothes and the rack was like 20 ft from the door anyways. i went to go pay for it and I just thought how annoying that was to be treated like I'm going to steal something. I'm never going there. Stupid tardys.

Edited by iwuvcookies (see edit history)

lol That stinks. But was he talking into his cell phone for real or messing with you? He might have been joking around because obviously you would probably be more sligh then that. You should have played along though and say ok great lets do this and then call security on him as you leave. :)

That had me laughing too, anyways that not right thought I have done that before and I guess since I am "white" they could careless, but really thats not that smart of him to say. I would have reported the guy to the people at the register and tell them that he was encouraging me to shop lift... blah blah blah, and that he is trying to take stuff out of the store.Anyways cool avatar that you have, and good luck shopping next time. It happens to everybody sometime in there life :).

Tch, that must've been a criminal himself to be doing something stupid like that. You should've called security on him or something, just because he was trying to make you accompany him in theft. :)

People tend to judge people nowadays. I agree, it might of been a prank, but I could also understand how it could be real. It is fishy when you pick up something and look around. You should of made a dash towards the exit and watched what happened lol. Situations like that can be scary.

i went to go pay for it and I just thought how annoying that was to be treated like I'm going to steal something. I'm never going there. Stupid tardys.

It might be annoying, but don't blame it on the shop, they might need your business :P

I hate stuff like that, though...But what you should of done is gone:
"You go first" and when he did, shout "SHOP LIFTER!!!"

That'd taught him :P:)

Hehehe, I agree with everyone else, it would have been funny if you'd have played along :P You should have handed him a pair of jeans and then whisper 'Go! Go! I'll follow you in a second!' xDD But I don'understand why you're not returning to that store anymore? He wasn't part of the staff was he? Just a co-customer like you? :) He probably won't be there the next time you visit that store then :P

stores factor shoplifting into their prices so if you don't steal its like they're getting money for free

i remember that line from a song some time ago, no i'm not encouraging shoplifting but its a different way to think about it.

I hit up the mall yesterday. I went into Pac Sun, Aeropostale, and some other stores. In one of the department stores, Sears, i was looking at a rack of clothes while talking on my cell phone to a friend. I sorted through the hangers of print tees and i started to look around. I was looking for where the check out counter is so i can go there. Then like some white **bottom** guy walks like in my direction with his cell phone and says "the coast is clear" or something like that.
He must of thought I was looking around if someone was there so I may run off with the clothes and the rack was like 20 ft from the door anyways.

i went to go pay for it and I just thought how annoying that was to be treated like I'm going to steal something. I'm never going there. Stupid tardys.

Let me ask you, if he wasn't white would you be so annoyed? Im just sick of everything starting off with this "white azz guy" this "black dude" or this "total *BLEEP*" like in the end does it really matter what they were, who they were, why they were there?

Perhaps it had nothing to do with your race, and you just simply looked suspicious. I used to shoplift a lot, but i never got caught, i doubt it was because i am white, because i am also very "emo" looking, so it would be "typical" for me to steal, so obviosly stereotypes, dont always make people notice you, and he probably didnt say it for your race.

I get its annoying to be said you are doing something, you aren't...but seriously.

I sort of like half vowed not to go in that store. Atleast to shop anyways. Lol. but that might change. Maybe its cause I'm Asian and don't have like an Armani watch or gucci shirts or something. lol. Its like a social class in the mall. Like high school over again.

oooh thats funny hahahaha, should have told him that you would give him half if he helped out. btw where their any camera's in that store?

Hmm... I kinda read that differently. From what I can tell, I think he was just joking. :D; I'd probably laugh and shrug it off. I know a few eccentric people (strangers) who'd do that. Don't worry... You're most likely never to meet him again in your whole life. :D Just forget about him, shrug it off and never look back.