xisto Community
JasperIk

They Will Never Find A Cure For Aids

Scientists don't want to keep their findings secret, they want everyone to know.

I really don't want to go off-topic, but some scientists aren't working for society any more. The ethical side of science has been damaged by capitalism, its need for constant expansion (in crisis or not): scientific researches have always been influenced by what economy needed (Boris Hessen's "The Socio-Economic Roots of Newton's Principia", Second International Congress of the History of Science, London, 1931-may be helpful).There's been some kind of dissociation of knowledge production and its social value as soon as researches are "owned" by the industry, not by the scientists themselves.
In some parts of the world, the idealism of science ethics was lost. Then, all is left, are the naked relations of (knowledge) production.

But maybe I'm going too far... This might not be the scenario now, but is certainly the path they'll take.
And I know there are leaks... the rumour is everywhere. :lol:

With so much focus and attention to finding a cure to AIDS, there is not much of a breakthrough in finding a cure. Mu guess is that the cure will not be the result of a combine focus. Rather, it will be "accidentally" stumbled upon.

america is run by the savage pharmacutical companies ,, they will never give up the cure because people like you give donations by the hundreds of millions to find a cure, why should I give the cure if I am getting that kind of money in my pocket, all they do is higher scientists to find a better drug that they will make more money an let the idiots who give donations they are trying to find a cure but in realilty they are just finding stgronger drugs ,,, never the cure, they tell the scientist we don't waqnt the cure just  find a little bit of as better drug , they are scumbag savage animal *BLEEP*s, just like cancer they will never give up the cure because its big business, I say if people will stop donating they will give up the cure, stop donating people its a dirty business don't give them ****,

<p>america is run by the savage pharmacutical companies ,, they will never give up the cure because people like you give donations by the hundreds of millions to find a cure, why should I give the cure if I am getting that kind of money in my pocket, all they do is higher scientists to find a better drug that they will make more money an let the idiots who give donations they are trying to find a cure but in realilty they are just finding stgronger drugs ,,, never the cure, they tell the scientist we don't waqnt the cure just find a little bit of as better drug , they are scumbag savage animal *BLEEP*s, just like cancer they will never give up the cure because its big business, I say if people will stop donating they will give up the cure, stop donating people its a dirty business don't give them ****, </p>

Why do so many people think that every single authority in the world is a tyrant?

It is true that there are people who are selfish and would do such a thing as refuse to disclose their findings in order to gain profit. But it's not these selfish people who are the scientists. People become scientists for one purpose and one purpose only: to learn and be the first to find or prove new things. Scientists would disclose the information long before selfish people would be able to stop them.

The fact is, not everyone in the world is evil. One problem in this world is that so many people believe that anyone who has power is evil, and that's just not the case. This leads to unfounded mistrust in authority when they don't want to believe something. I personally am afraid that people refusing to accept global warming as a possibility will prevent significant action being taken and cause life for us on Earth to change drastically (in bad ways).

There is no cure for HIV, and it's about time you accept it. It's true that the government is secretive about certain matters, but they're not all evil. Just because you want it to be one way and the government or pharmacies say otherwise doesn't mean that they are lying.

This is always my thought on cures for things. There will NEVER be a 'last cure'. Once they find a cure for cancer or aids, which they may or may not do... There will just be another diesese that appears.So basically, a cure for one diesese just starts another ring of dieseses... And nother thing, after at least 400 years of modern medicine, they still have not cured most things, just found treatments. And as the years go by these dieseses are getting "harder". Which if you think about it, is just nonsense. They pefer to give alot of different medicines that they can make money off than just give people something that cures them forever and they make a couple of ?'s.So yeah, either they never find a cure... Just a treatment. Or they do find a cure and the next big diesese just comes out of nowhere. I'm not saying the government is purposely making new dieseses... I'm not a conspiricist but somehow dieseses are either caused by problems with the 'cures' or nature really doesn't intend on cures for everything (which it doesn't... Death is natural, unfortunately.)

HIV and Cancer have been around for hundreds of years. They didn't just pop up recently. And it's not that the diseases are getting "harder", it's that we just don't have a cure for them yet.For example, take HIV. HIV is a virus that attacks your Helper T cells, which normally tell your immune system what type of virus it is. Without helper T cells, your immune system is entirely unable to respond, resulting in little or no symptoms. This is why we didn't know about HIV hundreds of years ago; it just didn't show in people.Also, I don't think that cures cause more problems. If anything, change in climate and atmosphere would cause problems. For example, some people (I don't say "scientists" because I don't know for sure that they are scientists) believe that Global Climate Change ("Global Warming") will cause more mosquitoes to live in certain areas, causing an epidemic of Malaria (I think, or maybe it's some other disease) transmitted by mosquitoes.

I agree on the plan on neutralizing AIDS. However too many people have AIDS and it could easily be transmitted by contact. That's the hard part.

Actually, no, it's not very easily transmitted. HIV dies very quickly in the air, so the only ways that HIV can be transferred are through mixing of fresh blood and sex. The only problem is that it is an STD and so many people just aren't smart about sex and/or are unable to restrain themselves from it.

The truth is being hidden; I agreeThey Will Never Find A Cure For Aids

Just like so many writers above, I also believe someone is not telling the truth or is deliberately avoiding the cure for HIV, it just doesn't make business sense for any business like pharma where ARVs assure them of a life time income from each patient; you would be a fool to opt to producing a cure which will just give a one off income from the same patient. Moreover the cost for each dose of a cure cannot be multiplied to compensate for the whole lifetime income from ARV business. If there was a way all patients could just stop buying and using even the free supplied ARVs you will be surpised to see a cure coming from no where.

-reply by stanley

Ok, not really to the guy I quote, not used to this system, just some of it applies to him or her.

The disease may have been around for awhile before though it was called SIV. It was a simian virus probably contracted by hunters in Africa.

The HIV2 strain mention is the most common in Africa, it is less easy to contract. 

People who say HIV does not lead to AIDS are idiots who ultimately end up on the treatments used for HIV.

There is no conspiracy, we have no technology to create this type of virus. 

Loving animals is one thing but believing rats have the same right to life as people is akin to saying that during the Bubonic Plague we should allow the rats to roam free, which is what we did. We got rid of the cats and allowed the rats to run free. 

There is a hierarchy in the food chain and we are at the top, face it. In 3rd world countries these creatures run free spreading disease, in India the dogs spread rabies but hey! there's enough room for all of us and it's cruel to kill the animal. Might end up dieing an extremely painful  death but we'll give the must some food anyway. Oops, forgot, these animals in India are left to fend for themselves, die by the side of the road, eat out of garbage cans, chew on plastic (lost count of the times I have seen this).

Stem cell testing? heck might as well go the full way and outright ban condoms.

The people here hoping for a cure tomorrow are in for a rude awakening, we have never cured a virus. Created vaccines yes though they are useless unless taken before and all they do is prepare the body to mount defences, they DO NOT attack the virus directly. Any cure will take at least ten years to come out. It's simple to check online.

People whine about side effects and forget about the process, they know nothing of what trials they go through including animal research. Until an alternative is available it is all we have and these people who feel we can get reliable and acceptable results through other procedures are blinded by misleading info.

Is AIDS or the last stage of HIV treatable? Yes but the drugs, even the new ones will have horrible side effects, screw up on your daily regime and you increase the chance of the virus mutating to a drug resistant form hence why we have so many probs.

The drugs were flowing though now they are going to trickle out, possible refinement to previous drugs with fewer side effects though it does not matter if you have a resistant strain...You also find that you may be resistant and probably will be to an entire class, possibly just through first contact.

True Fusion-

Seriously, shut the hell up. Vitamins? Minerals? his new age stuff is garbage. In fact it is well known that in the case of HIV taking a certain type of vitamin only helps the virus. Selenium helps though one other I forget is actively fought over by the immune system and  HIV with the virus winning.

Jaychant-

You have evidence of this? What were once rare diseases are all of a sudden not rare in people who have a tendency to get sick then die shortly after?

You give no credit to people in the past who gave names to many of the problems we see today and like I say it came from the damn monkeys which CAN be proven due to them having SIV.

Sky-

Yes, I agree. We probably will be dealing with them forever but I expect in the future we will be able to use technology far better than that today to provide a cure far quicker and at far less cost.

One problem may lie in space exploration. We already take many precautions when a soil or rock sample is brought back to Earth just in case it has something harmful in it. An alien virus would be something our bodies would not be able to deal with potentially. Just like in War of the Worlds.

Actually, I see no reason why a cure cannot be found. Aids is a virus after all, and we have vaccinations for a lot of viruses. Canine parvo virus, adneovirus, corona, (yes, all canine viruses, but the concept of vaccinations are all the same, man or animal.) And the excuse for different strains doesn't hold water either. Take Leptospirosis, it infects cattle, dogs, and other species, and there are many different strains of it. However, scientists came up with a seven way vaccination that covers the most common 7 varieties all in one vaccination, and by vaccination for all 7 of those, you also get cross protection from many of the other less common varieties.

vaccinations don't seem as powerful as they used to.& i'm not so sure aids can be any better now matter how many vaccinations you have.AiDS & HiV can simply be put a stop too, by having safe sex.It spreads and spreads, and next thing you know your momma and everyone around you has it.I'm not sure we'll ever find a cure either, since scientists having really study infections or viruses located near the pelvis.i believe hiv or aids is when you get aids around the neterus?Which of coure these bumps are caused by spreading viruses in that area.but unlike rhino virus, you cannot get better by eating healthy , exercising , and getting plenty of rest.it's just something you'll have to live with , if you get it [:also i don't exactly think scientists are taking into looking for cures for this virus, i mean they're so busy with swine flu and all.but that's just my inquiry on why they don't have a cure