xisto Community
MacFly

What Operating System Is The Best Games Base ? A little Quizzy...

What Operating System Is The Best Games Base ?  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OpenGL software is much better rendered and smoother than DirectX software. Plus the X server on Linux has a better framebuffer. Up to 10x faster than the WIN32 API framebuffer!xboxrulz

i think widnows 2000 is bestwindows xp need More Ram and cpu for run gamesi hate playing games so i dont know many information about that

Until every game package has both the ability to be run on Linux and Windows with little to no fiddling, will be the day I use primarily Linux. But, there are too few games that support linux (kudos to the bioware crew for making NWN linux-compatible, though).Add to the fact that ATi make terrible drivers for Linux (I was running a game that required 3D rendering and it ran extremely choppy).Heh, I saw some laughable comments previously to the tune of, "Windows is suckful 'cause it has viruses taking memory, and crashes...etc, etc..."ANY OS will suck if you don't know what processes you have running in the background. And alexia's to comment, it doesn't matter what operating system you use, the same program will generally, if not always has the same memory and cpu requirements. Though, XP -does- have a bigger footprint than other OS's, it is not a bad OS for running games (best one I've ever used for gaming, if you ask me).Anyway, that's my 2 cents. :angry:

I voted for Windows XP because I really don't know which is better exactly, but I love windows XP's interface it is very easy to use, but i would have to say that windows 2000 is more tweakable (is that even a word? lol) So I dunno? "The world may never know." :)

My vote goes to Windows XP only because it is the most compatible with different games... It is more compatible with the higher level graphics cards and gaming essentials. That's just my personal opinion. I use Windows XP right now, but only because all the software and hardware I use aren't compatible with Linux. :)

I would say that Windows XP Pro is the best for playing games, because so far I have had no problem whats so ever with Windows XP. It seems to be reliable when playing games, and rarely crashes while playing games.

I would say XP cause all games works on my computer, which is an XP.Most of the games are made for XP or another Windows system, that's why noone has said anything about linux... :lol:

Definately a windows OS as linux just doesn't have the brand names like EA. The only reason for this, as windows is very buggy, is that Bill Gates was good at marketing. Otherwise very reliable OS like: SuSe, Ubuntu and Mandrake, would get all the big names. Lol - my opinion!