Live for speed

GT1 and GT2

RFactor

GT ledgeds is probably the most relistic followed closely by live for rFactor

EVERY game listed here are arcade games

Realisic games need practice and skill

These need no practice

-reply by Tinymouse2

Undoubtedly, Gran Turismo 4. With stunning life like graphics and very good gameplay. Cars in the game really look like the real thing. Lower on the list following it would be Forza or Grid. I wish Gran Turismo 4 could have pursuit or NFS like gameplay.

I think that the GTR series are the most realistic, i mean simulation wise if you great a great wheel it's awesome. Also there is Richard Burns Rally i think it's called, kind of like Collin but better simulation and realism.

Live for Speed is for me the king of simulators.

Need for speed, GT and similar games are NOT racing simulators, thus offer no realism compared to real ones.

A simulator has full physics, simulation all aspects that make a difference to driving. Some of these are full suspension simulation, friction models, tyre deformation models, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics and many more.You actually need a wheel to drive right, because there are no driving aids (apart from the ones that really exist in cars, such as ABS and TC).

If you are into cars get the Live for Speed free version and you will notice the difference in realism.

Wiki Comparison of racing simulators for more info

-reply by john doe

I would say that in my opinion Gran Turismo STINKS! The most realistic are either

1. Project Gotham Racing Series2. GTR-23. Test Drive Unlimited4. I would say Forza 2 Motorsport

1. Project Gotham Racing Series2. GTR-23. Test Drive Unlimited4. I would say Forza 2 Motorsport

You are retarded on 3 of those choices. PC has always had the best sim racers, Live for Speed, GTR series,  rFactor, Richard Burns Rally.

Get a wheel, get these games, get a clue

-reply by SCAA Driver

I'm not sure what the most realistic driving simulator is anymore but GTR-2 has excellent performance on PC. Its also interesting for its output into the Motec analyzer, which proved useful for setting up the car.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

forza motorsport 3 will be out in 2010 an will easily surpass all car games out there with over 400 cars 

-reply by aidan

Have had done some touring car racing my self, although I have only had a small experience with these games.

1. Forza, quite realistic...It is sometimes a little too easy to control oversteer

2.Gran Turismo was always pretty good, is did have its problems though

3. One I just found recently, Race Pro. Increadable realism. 

-reply by Shaun

I think RealTimeRace is probably the closest to real life. It appears to be under development by Lotus and allows you to race in real time against people in real live motor races (and other sports eventually). The idea is that you could compete from your living room in Formula 1 races or whatever. They've got some videos on their site, and there is a downloadable demo somewhere (I've lost the link at the moment).

Grand Turismo still remains the most realistic game out there from my playable experience. Well I never tried Froza before and it probably will be better to some people due to graphics improvements but either way Grand Turismo still seems to be the best simulator I believe, well from my current opinion.

Most realistic Driving game I ever played was Test Drive Unlimited. I gotta say i loved this game , and played it for 2 days straight the first time I installed it. I love playing with the manual gearbox , manual Clutch with the Chevrolet Corvette !!!. This car is so powerfull and has such a good gearbox that It launches faster start from 0 Mph in 4TH GEAR!! Try it and you'll see you get a better time like this , then to start from 1st gear to 4th.What I didn't really like about it was the way the Options for controling the cars are made . You get two options Keys sensitivity and Car sensitivity .. you need to find the perfect combination between this two in order to get a perfect handling and even so.. with many of the cars no mather how you define the settings it stil won't run smooth.From the ones i tested only the two types of Chevrolette drive just as i want them , high speed and good handling no mather how fast you're going.Only one thing i liked more then driving around the island , which is to challenge other drivers for a high speed race on a predefined course , those guys are so week I can't even explain it :P) I could have used to worst car of the game and stil win , not because I'm such a good driver but because they are just that easy to beat.Apart from the Chevy's , when I didnt race and just drove around the map , I loved to use the Mustang GT Convertible , that cars just looks too good for it to rest in the garage , it has a very aggresive front and general designHow do you like to play it ? manually or auto ? with or without the clutch ?I tried the Xbox 360 version of Test Drive Unlimited a year ago and it's a huge diference between them. The X version is more arcade-like because of the sharper steering and less drifting. I can't say if it's better or worse .. it's just diferent , depends on how every player likes it.On the other hand on X it seemed to have a bit better graphics and considering you always play console games on a larger screen then a monitor it felt more realistic then the PC version.Anyway it's a great game and if you haven't tried it until now , you should. Try the demo before buying it because even that , having such a small size will show you a good picture of the game and will help you make an opinion about wether to buy the game or not.I