xisto Community
tezza

Most Realistic Racing Game

Forza 3???Most Realistic Racing Game

"forza motorsport 3 will be out in 2010 an will easily surpass all car games out there with over 400 cars" Hate to break the bad news but GT5 will have over 950 cars, with proper engine transfers (e.G. TT engine in golf mk 1) and a full damage model? so easily gonna surpass forza 3 no...?Other than that rFactor is fierce, phat mod scene but only worth playing if you got a wheel and a lack of licensed motors lets it down but in fairness its an underground project so what would you expect

-reply by John Gotti

What do you feel is the most realistic driving game? In my opinion Gran Turismo 4 is the best.

I do not think GT4 or GT5 can be compared with reality.
No 1: The cars can not be damaged or destroyed.
No 2: the handling of the cars does not work like in reality.
No 3: steering wheel portion of the game is not like real life. if you know how a real car respond in the steering wheel you would know better.

I vision that three games are better:

No 1: Live For Speed. PC only, I think it is this game which works best according to reality. try it before you comment.
No 2: Richard Burns Rally. for PC.
No 3: Need for Speed, Shift.

If GT4 and GT5 had the qualities of the other three games. under ride handling and crash it would be the most realistic car game in the world. sad but that's just not the case. I vision that GT5 to come No 4: and GT4 to Nr 5:

Martin Kragh
10/30 2010

hmm the title of the topic is a little weird, i never like to play a realistic racing game, you know what realistic means ? it means that you will ran out of fuel, if you get into a tree your car will be destroyed and you have to spend a lot of money and time to get another one. look i want to say that a game should not be realistic and this is the goal of the games, just imagine which type of FPS you like, you like to be able to run while you are carrying a machine gun or just walking hardly ? games should not be realistic to be fun, if you have to eat, sleep, ... during playing of a first person shooter then you can not call it first person shooter anymore . Gran Turismo 4 is not a realistic racing game, it is full of fun and this means that it is not realistic. i remember a racing game which i played in 2004, i don't remember the name but i remember that in that game you had to work for workshops and get money (there was some puzzles about car inside and with completing of them you get money) and with the money you get you can buy cars and when you hit something you will loose a part of the car and for buying that you should again work in a workshop. the game was really boring, you have to refill your car with petrol depending on your car and when you hit a car you will loose the round without any doubt because even a small hit in the front will destroy the radiator and so you can not continue your race, that was the most realistic racing game i ever saw but as i said i don't remember the name.But let me say which racing game was the best i ever saw, it was NFS most wanted, a completely non realistic and beautiful built racing game. the game was really amazing, the NAS system was really great and it that time i had a real great feeling when playing the game, the only thing that was annoying in this game was the musics so i had to listen to mine instead of those in the game and everything else was fine. controlling of the car was really nice, it was not very easy but learning it needs only 5 minutes and after that you can finish the game :D, so i really like non realistic games and not the realistic ones and i think that if you want a realistic war game then go into a war zone in real life and you will hate everything that is real , so enjoy your non realistic games.

What do you feel is the most realistic driving game? In my opinion Gran Turismo 4 is the best.

I think that a game called Grid is more realistic than any other racing game. It is just like real life. Any wrong move you make can turn out disasterous. The car actually has parts fly off and real looking scratches, dents, collisions, any thing you can name that has to do with damage. But there is one problem with this game. It is one of the onle unrealistic things. I would only recomend it if you would be ok with being upp all night for 1 race without screwing up. It is the only 24 hour race. I know it sounds very stupid and challenging but it is a great game if you are looking for a realistic racing game.