xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arnz

9 Year-old Girl Gives Birth In Amazon Rainforest

July 8, 2006 - 8:17AM
A nine-year-old girl of the Apurina tribe in Brazil's Amazon rainforest gave birth to a baby earlier this week and doctors said on Friday police were investigating whether she was raped

Link to the rest of the article - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

All I can say after reading this article is just wow.. WTF, and many shocks rolled into one. She aint fully development, still only a girl and there is still the possibility that some sicko may have raped her. This is indeed scary, she could be a very young grandmother as soon as many ppl think if the issues behind this aint fixed imo.

That's rather unusual. It is a sad story too. I think many young women in the third world are particularly susceptible to sexual violence in many forms. I think this piece of news illustrates how important it is to protect this particular group of disadvantaged women. At the very least, a sound sex education on how to protect themselves would have already helped.

That's rather unusual. It is a sad story too. I think many young women in the third world are particularly susceptible to sexual violence in many forms. I think this piece of news illustrates how important it is to protect this particular group of disadvantaged women. At the very least, a sound sex education on how to protect themselves would have already helped.

Or perhaps it's the overemphasis on sex as opposed to caring about others apart from their bodies that is the cause for the increased amount of sexual assault crimes.

Well i do think that she was raped. She must of hit puberty pretty soon or else she would have certainly died. Does anyone know if there was a qualified doctor there??

Wow that is crazy. I wonder what people will think of her when she has a kid who is 16 while she is 25. I think people will probably get the wrong idea and go crazy. I feel sorry for the girl if she was raped because she should be trying to live life to the fullest while she still can and now she is stuck with a baby she probably doesn't want and she has to deal with it the rest of her life.

How is the girl's body even capable of sheltering a fertilized egg at age nine? Let alone how did she manage to carry the kid around for 9 months?And Joshua, its some tribe in a brazillian rainforest, not some little girl in New York that watches MTV. Don't blame everything on society.

Edited by TheArrow (see edit history)

How is the girl's body even capable of sheltering a fertilized egg at age nine? Let alone how did she manage to carry the kid around for 9 months?
And Joshua, its some tribe in a brazillian rainforest, not some little girl in New York that watches MTV. Don't blame everything on society.

I believe society's trends affect everyone in the world and what's going on concerning them is representative of the whole of the world's changing attitudes, not just confined to our culture alone.

Oh, of course. So some isolated tribe in Brazil is somehow affected by all the sexuality happening in the US? Chances are, the little girl knew nothing about sex, until the day she got raped.Oh, I see what you're saying. The guy in the equation was watching a satellite stream of MTV in his hut, got horney, and went out to find a little girl to rape, and that caused this.

Although Joshua's comment might not have the greatest applicability in the case of the "guy watching a satellite stream of MTV in his hut" as you put it TheArrow, I do believe that there is a lot of truth in what he had said. The whole idea of sexuality is very overplayed, particularly in "more developped" countries. Just consider how much sexual or at least suggestive material can be found in most forms of media from television, movies, music...Everyone is going to have sexual impulses/desires. Now I'm not going to go into a psychology rant but I just wanted to support the notion that this "society's overemphasis of sex" does play a role (direct/indirect or even both) as a stimulus for sex offenders.In the case of the 9 year-old who gave birth, I really do feel sorry for her. Her innocence, childhood... are all gone - thanks to the *insert harsh profanity* f**k who had raped her. Is (western) society's heavy inclination toward sexuality to blame in this case? Probably not. But the problem of uncontrolled sexual impulse leading to sexual assault (a psychological problem) is.It's even more unfortunate when this is a such a deep-rooted problem with seemingly no resolution.

I'm from brazil and I hadn't even heard about it... It's an ashame... I feel bad with this situation, I mean, NINE years... WTH... I have heard about 12 years old girls with this situation over here... On places like slums... However it was on an indian spot.. It's anormal...

The first question I will ask is what is the parents role in all this. DO they know anything about what happened, were they involved in this terrible affair? If they were somehow involved, I think Brazil should lock them up for a long time to come as they obviously failed in their duties to protect and care for her like any parent would. As for the rapist, I think the guy should either be shot or locked up in some mental hospital for the rest of his life. It really getsme when a kid is abused, especially in such a horiffic manner. Now not only does the child mother suffer but her baby is the worst victim of all. I doubt the baby will have a normal life after this.

WOW... that's really wierd... I didn't know you even COULD give birth that young... Really odd, interesting find... just surprised she's ok...