xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
braitt

Introducing Opera! The Fastest Web Browser On Earth! as they say..

Opera has improved dromaticly I suggest to switch to it, The only thing I used firefox was because of all the addons :D.

I have seen few issues of flash and svg on opera, so how can it be fastest? Mozilla being better at handling these have few issues. again Chrome hangs in between opera and mozzila. I found chrome faster for some specific websites, opera bit slower and mozzila same as opera.I can see mozzila as better browser that deserves to stick to consumer desktop. Opera Mini, which is the most popular browser for the mobile users has few issues of loading pages repeatedly. As same page is reloaded then this irritates others. So on that point Opera is still faster?

I have seen few issues of flash and svg on opera, so how can it be fastest? Mozilla being better at handling these have few issues. again Chrome hangs in between opera and mozzila. I found chrome faster for some specific websites, opera bit slower and mozzila same as opera.
I can see mozzila as better browser that deserves to stick to consumer desktop. Opera Mini, which is the most popular browser for the mobile users has few issues of loading pages repeatedly. As same page is reloaded then this irritates others. So on that point Opera is still faster?

No dude, Chrome just sucks in speed it is one of the lowest out there... Mozzila for like every day and Opera is usally what Hackers use for there exploits.

No dude, Chrome just sucks in speed it is one of the lowest out there... Mozzila for like every day and Opera is usally what Hackers use for there exploits.

Nope,you checked chrome for svg and flash rendering?check it and tell me the results, It's interesting you know. You'll find Chrome faster for these two points. you can even read those results online. if you google it.

Mozzila i already told you that i agree. But Opera hands down, i don't think even hackers pay attention to such browser. Besides, Mozzila with lot of add-ons and scripttools is way better than opera.

So on that point Opera is still faster?

I have been currently living on the "bleeding edge" with Opera by using it's latest snapshot build of Opera 10. Opera 10 uses an improved version of Presto, Opera's rendering engine, and it renders pages quicker than its predecessor. It also seems to handle cache slightly better also. Concerning Opera, in its settings you can tell Opera how fast you want a page to be rendered, whether instantly, in a second or more (i tend to have it for 2 seconds), though the page would get rendered whenever if it took less than the defined time minimum. Concerning Flash and SVG, although these don't really concern page rendering speed, i haven't done any testing on SVG; however, back when i was using the stable version of Opera, Flash would work better than it did in Firefox 3. In Opera it may take longer to load the plug-in, but it worked. In Firefox i would often either have to refresh the page to see the video (as the video would go blank but you could still hear the audio) or kill the Flash plug-in process because merely refreshing no longer helped and then refresh.

So, concerning speed, i would say Opera wins, and not just concerning page rendering, as even with all the built-in features of Opera, it opens up either as fast or faster than Firefox without any add-ons. However, some lag may be experienced in websites that use (heavy) transparent elements.

I agree with truefusion.Opera wins because of all its inbuilt features where as in firefox you've to get them as addons. And you'll get most of the firefox addons as widgets in opera. And Opera 10's rendering engine is very very faster. Even though it is in the alpha stage it is definitely worth trying. I'm eagerly waiting for its main release. Opera 10 has the in built spell checker which was not there in its previous versions.

Truefusion

it opens up either as fast or faster than Firefox without any add-ons.

I agree with this. Cause Chatzilla on and if you try to surf arround with heavy content sites then that slows you down.

Concerning Opera, in its settings you can tell Opera how fast you want a page to be rendered, whether instantly, in a second or more (i tend to have it for 2 seconds)

This feature looks cool. Have to check this out.

By the way i've problem with Opera Mini on my 2 mobiles that when ever i click on some links in any website page. Opera instead of redirecting just simply reloads and not redirects. Is that Bug or something else?

By the way i've problem with Opera Mini on my 2 mobiles that when ever i click on some links in any website page. Opera instead of redirecting just simply reloads and not redirects. Is that Bug or something else?

It may be a bug, but i wouldn't know; Opera has its own way of dealing with webpages than from other browsers. Instead of taking the Microsoft approach, having websites build for the browser (i.e. Internet Explorer), the Opera devs make Opera work for websites. I'm not sure if the same methods are taken for mobile Opera since i don't have a mobile device with Opera on it, but desktop Opera is bound to have multiple ways of dealing with websites. However, i've only observed one method, and that's their JavaScript file, browser.js, which is located in the Opera profile of your system or account. Mobile Opera should have a feature to report a site problem, though.

Hmm...Opera. The only browser I've never used (besides on Wii. LOL). Is it really as good and flexible as you guys make it? If so, I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the post! Maybe I'll post an update of my thoughts!

Posting here because this is the first Opera thread I could find.Been using Opera 9.64 for the entirety of today and so far, it's pretty darn good. For an intermediate user or beginner user of the Interwebz, I highly recommend Opera. Why?Scrolling. I don't know if anyone else noticed this or even mentioned it, but scrolling pages is a pleasing action to the eye. Other browsers without specified scripting to handle soft scrolling have choppy scrolling. This alone excited me. I don't know why. Yes, I'm pathetic.? :D Built-in features. Opera houses a number of cool features in-browser without having to download add-ons or setting them up. So far, I've discovered mouse gestures, [the original speed dial, a skinning/thematic option, widgits, and a variety of ways to customize your browsing experience. (One handy thing that I found that Firefox doesn't have is that Opera shows you your magnification when you Ctrl+Mouse Wheel to zoom in and out.)Tabbed browsing. I don't care who came up with it first... it still rocks.Saved sessions. I thought this was really cool that you have the option to save your sessions. Sure, I might not ever use it. But it's cool to know if I can open up all of my banking websites and save that as a session to open up all of them in one click... and of course, my social networking sites to check on messages and such... the applications can be so very useful.Tab previews. Something that looks rather familiar with Windows 7's "peeks" of taskbar items and it seems pretty cool, although if you have to preview a tab instead of just selecting it and seeing it in full view, why would you even have it open in the first place? (It could be useful, I'm sure... I just don't have a personal purpose for that feature quite yet.)That's all I got for right now. I just wanted to share a happy experience with Opera. I'm not ditching Firefox... I still think it's an outstanding browser. But Opera isn't that far from being another great alternative to Internet Explorer.? :P (Internet Explorer 8 isn't that bad, but it isn't that good, either. :) )

Edited by rayzoredge (see edit history)

I already told my opinion about this browser so I don't have anything else to add besides this reply... :P

[...]

Been using Opera 9.64 for the entirety of today and so far, it's pretty darn good. For an intermediate user or beginner user of the Interwebz, I highly recommend Opera. Why?

[...]

You should really try out the latest snapshots of Opera 10 to see how Opera is really fast in rendering webpages as I can see that you are a 'power' user :)

I personally didn't like 9.27 back then because it was really slower than Firefox in my experience, but somehow I discovered the beta of 9.50 (Kestrel) which was blazing fast and definitively made me make the switch.

Tabbed browsing. I don't care who came up with it first... it still rocks.

That's all I got for right now.

Have you noticed the MDI yet? Tab browsing isn't the same in Opera as it is in other browsers. Other browsers normally use tab widgets for their tab manager—this makes visible only one page per window. Opera uses an MDI area. What does this mean? Resizable views; that is, you can view several pages at the same time. I know konqueror allows for split views, but that's different. With an MDI area you can tile and cascade windows—accessible from the Window menu. Of course, if you have more than 4 tabs opened, tiling them is not all that useful then.

I love Opera!!! Im using it right now and have been using it..... The only reason why anyone should dislike it is because it's not compatible with some plug-ins and programs. Only if it could be like IE but without like 95% of it. =)

Have you noticed the MDI yet? Tab browsing isn't the same in Opera as it is in other browsers. Other browsers normally use tab widgets for their tab managerthis makes visible only one page per window. Opera uses an MDI area. What does this mean? Resizable views; that is, you can view several pages at the same time. I know konqueror allows for split views, but that's different. With an MDI area you can tile and cascade windowsaccessible from the Window menu. Of course, if you have more than 4 tabs opened, tiling them is not all that useful then.

I just looked up how to get this to work... and it's one more thing that I'm finding awesome with Opera. :D I find it occasional that I have to switch back and forth between tabs to compare something (like specifications for hardware I'm planning on buying or doing research on) or if I'm trying to compare changes to a website with one window having the old version and another having the new. What's good about how this works is that I can have just two tabs resized for comparison and leave the rest as they are, which works for me. (I often find myself with 10+ tabs open at a time, since I like to middle-click on CNet articles so that I can read them one at a time later.)

Thanks for pointing this out.

You should really try out the latest snapshots of Opera 10 to see how Opera is really fast in rendering webpages as I can see that you are a 'power' user :P
I personally didn't like 9.27 back then because it was really slower than Firefox in my experience, but somehow I discovered the beta of 9.50 (Kestrel) which was blazing fast and definitively made me make the switch.

I haven't seen the snapshot feature in action quite yet (but I did download and am now working out of Opera 10), but I would think that it's about as fast as loading most elements locally, considering the fact that that's how it works. :) Browsing speed doesn't seem to be of much contention to me, considering that differences can be about a few seconds at most, but loading time is a nice factor to diminish. And Opera opens up pretty quickly compared to Firefox, which is something I do like very much so far.

Opera fanboy here.. I just can't live without it.. :) the email, rss, web browser in one is great!..but firefox has more extensions.. Opera's widget sucks compared to firefox's extension and availability....but out of the box, you'll never need those firefox extensions anyways..