xisto Community
Panzer

Gaming Computer Will This Do?

I've already gotten the case. And most of the reviews I've read about it say it has an extremely large amount of room. And I plan to order the motherboard next week. (I told you I'm doing this incredibly slowly, I really need some cash). But considering the size of the case I have, space is not really an issue. Thanks for the tip though!

For CPU if your into gaming go with an AMD processor. Its lightning fast for gaming, but Intel is better for design stuff etc. So its basically a tradeoff... whatever your more into.

I'm a web designer, and i run a AMD Atholon 64x2 with 3 gbs of ram 256 Nvida 6200, which will soon be upgraded dont get enought FPS on games lol, and 300 gig drive. and i run 4 Adobe programs at the same time while runnung World of Warcraft. and i have no downtime on my computer try that out and see if that works for you.

i agree with zach101 . The pc you won't to buy won't even run Photoshop perfectly and if you run more applications together you will need more memory . I recently bought a new Pc (3 months ago) with the following specs: -AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ -2 x 1 GB Dual Channel DDR2 800 MHZ memory -Samsung SATA2 250 GB HDD -Gainward NVidia 8600 GT Golden Sample GLH 256 MB DDR3 (625/1800/1400 MHZ)- A Deluxe ABIT motherboard . And this is somehow a medium range pc . So what pc did you bought ?

Get a AMD 3800+ or somethin similiar.. they're VERY cheap and you'll be able to play enough games. Also, get 2x 512mb memory.. You can always upgrade later (not that expensive).. 80GB HDD should do if you wont install games like Age of Conan (30 gigs). A decent graphicscard would be a GeForce 8400Gs or somethin near to it.. Good luck finding !

im presuming you mean 2 2.6ghz cores, not 2 1.33s.With a processor of that speed, your ram will let you down, 768 isnt really that much, if your running a processor like that, to use your computer to its full potential, i would suggest 2gb. if you want gaming, the processor will be very good, but the hard drive may let you down, 80gb is not a lot, especially if you want music or videos ect on the hard drive. 56k modems are very slow, however, if you dont have access to broadband or something beter than dial-up, thats probably your best bet, you may want to find yourself an internet accellerator (googles free web accellerator is fine). most DVD drives now, are DVD writers, it will be easier for you to get a DVD writer, and will probably cost no more, since they are so cheap now.