xisto Community
DjLuki

Outer Space

ok i have been thinking a lot about this. There are so many planets out there, we don't evern know what is there in most of them. What about the space, and beyond these planets we know of? Im wondering could there be more planets or what could there be ? Is it just dark or maybe is there another world, like ours,earth, where there are people but maybe it is to far that we can never have contact with each other. Will we ever find anything else besdies empty planets and will we ever be able to go further than marrs to explore more? i hope we can, and while im alive, i want to know waht's out there cause it seems so interesting, i don't thikn it's possible for a space so big and only earth have living things. maybe there other planets like us, or maybe there is another planet like earth but has no living things?? what do you think is out there in that space? are there other living things? and not just aliens but whatever you think ther is, i would like to know.

I think space is amazing. But I don't think there are other living things. I think it's just for us to wonder and look at. It's quite possible that there are other living things, because space is so big, but.. I dunno.

space is infinite currently the universe is expanding and will keep doing that until the gravitational pull at the center can no longer hold it in then it may emplode or something...we cna figure that out by using the dopler effect with stars.If there is not anohter lifeform out there capable of thought then why is there so much space? there would be no pourpose... so i belive that there is more stuff out there!Also we have gotten past mars... Voyager 2 satilite was going past venus last i check a few years ago but i think we lost signal with it...We are looking at mars because at one time i could support life. and we may end up terraforming it so it can support life at one poitn in the future..I jsut did a report on space exploration and in the year 2050 we hope to have a moon base for further launches into space and have a cheap yet affordable space program for the public!!!but then again thats all speculation but if we set our minds to it and get rid of all the ethical people it could happen... also gotta get the goverment to stop doing idiotic things... and focus on ohter better things...

I think the two biggest issues with exploration into space are-Time-MoneyDoesnt it take like 122 years to get to Pluto in a rocket or something?? I dont see how it would work and it would cost billions, first to build a rocket that big, and preservatives, 122 years lol, not to mention water.Space bases would work, itd be ALOT of money and the fuel will probably run out by then anyway lol.

I think the two biggest issues with exploration into space are-Time
-Money

Doesnt it take like 122 years to get to Pluto in a rocket or something?? I dont see how it would work and it would cost billions, first to build a rocket that big, and preservatives, 122 years lol, not to mention water.

Space bases would work, itd be ALOT of money and the fuel will probably run out by then anyway lol.

well also look at this once an object starts moving in space it keeps going it dosnt stop... untill the opposite force is used...

so all you ahve to do is get going at a speed turn off the jets/boosters w/e they are and keep going using the planets for a slingshot effect to get going faster the only problem would be slowing down...

also you can filiter the water onboard by taking the waste of human piss and disting it to make it safe to drink once again makiing it a long ongoing cycle of water... just have a big tank enought to last for about a week and the rest just gets recycled... only problem would be the food....

I think that they should focus their attention an how to make a space ship not powered by rockets but by solar which would mean that they would have unlimeted power untill the suns rays no longer reached the solar panels.

ok i have been thinking a lot about this. There are so many planets out there, we don't evern know what is there in most of them. What about the space, and beyond these planets we know of? Im wondering could there be more planets or what could there be ? Is it just dark or maybe is there another world, like ours,earth, where there are people but maybe it is to far that we can never have contact with each other. Will we ever find anything else besdies empty planets and will we ever be able to go further than marrs to explore more? i hope we can, and while im alive, i want to know waht's out there cause it seems so interesting, i don't thikn it's possible for a space so big and only earth have living things. maybe there other planets like us, or maybe there is another planet like earth but has no living things?? what do you think is out there in that space? are there other living things? and not just aliens but whatever you think ther is, i would like to know.

I think that the liklihood of there NOT being living organisms SOMEWHERE in our virtually infinite amount of mass all plunked around throughout space is almost as big as a number approaching infinitely small. Think about it. There's 1 planet out of 9 in our solar system that we know supports life. What about the millions, billions, trillians, etc etc solar systems in this galaxy alone? I'd be surprised if there was no life other than us in the Milky Way. But then look at the thousands, millions, etc etc of galaxies, each with as large an amount of solar systems within it as the milky way. Wow. Think about it. How could there NOT be any more organisms than that which lives on Earth?

I think that they should focus their attention an how to make a space ship not powered by rockets but by solar which would mean that they would have unlimeted power untill the suns rays no longer reached the solar panels.

That wouldn't get you very far at all. The suns rays aren't even visable far past Jupiter, or something like that. If you're talking about universe exploration, solar isn't really a good way to go...

I was thinking about this, what if we could just make something so light, almsot like paper that would just flow in the air by itself.. and attach a camera with some batteries that would last a long time and let the thing float wherver it goes, maybe it will land somewhere interesting. Somewhere further than we could get to by rockets. we can just send it to a space station and than let it out from there. Mars really look like some parts of australia, why don't we just send like somewater there see waht happens, maybe some kind of animal?? see if it oculd survive than maybe try to send humans. I hope we can also send more robots into other planets besides mars, what's taht one called where it's all ice.. could ther ebe any fish? lol i want to see what that one has.do we know what other planets are made of? like is there one that has water and land like earth? or they're all like mars?

I don't think we will ever find another life system like ours.The Earth can be said to be a miracle. For any planet to support life, they must be separated from the Sun (their own Sun) by at least 2 and not more than 3 smaller planets and protected by at least 1 but not more than 2 bigger planets. We are separated from the Sun by Mercury and Venus, and are protected by Mars and Jupiter whose gravitational fields prevent comets from crashing into the Earth. This, in combination with a delicate balance of gravitational field strength, ensures that the Earth gets its supply of energy from the Sun while maintaining suitable temperature for life to evolve. Such complex conditions mean that the chances of having another system out there that supports life are very minute. Further, given the extensive space capacity, the chances of us finding them, or them finding us, are negligible.

well the fact remains when the sun burns out, All living organisms will die anyways. The time is a big issue, and money will not matter when the time comes. It will be a desperate matter that the whole world will have to goto space. It will be a space station that produces air, and heat, and light. FOr trees, and other things. The world will be using most battery powered things. and electronic refreshers. This will be a serious matter later one. The sun is supposed to burn our in 300000 years anyways from what scientist said, So we will be dead and long gone lol. Only thing im worried about is if the earth will recleanse itself in my life time. Becuase were supposed to all die from fire. WWIII... lol. Becuase before it was water. Now fire. Well i really was excited seeing this post, this reminds me of a anime series i watched, BLUE GENDER, and a game i played XenoSaga.

space is indeed amazing and mysterious. Many people think our universe is infinite and many others think our universe is like a sphere that never ends. I don't know what they have to back that up, but it's all a theory. It's impossible for us to ever find out the truth about our universe because our universe is so huge no one can ever explore in their life time. And also, even if they send out a space shuttle to explore some planets millions of light years away, it will take millions of light years just for data to be sent back. As you could see, waiting million of years just to give one command to the space shuttle is outrageous. Of course i believe that htere are lives beyond us. Universe is huge, chances of it have another planet that is habitable like ours is higher than most people think. As many scientists believe, if there are water, there are chances of live. Even if we ever discover a habital planets like ours through telescope (less lightly because telescope is very limited) because by the time the light reaches the our telescope, that planet might be long gone. The light that we see now can be millions of years old. Many things can happen during a a million year. Just look at our civilization. Just under 10 thousands years and we are about to advanced from caveman to what we are now. Look at all the high tech stuff that we have. Computers, space exploration, nuclear bomb, electricity, etc.

Personally, I believe outer space has gotten way too much attention. Much of the Earth is still unexplored with new species being discovered every day and sightings of unknown creatures worldwide are still occurring. Further humanity has failed to protect the Earth, the rainforests are being destroyed, pollution is everywhere, global warming is rampant, temperatures are on the rise, humanity is on the brink of causing its own extinction, and several people want to go into outer space. I mean it is absolutely ridiculous to be so focused on space exploration. If humans cannot even live or take care of their familiar environment Earth, they are not going to be able to live and take care of a strange harsh environment. Humanity still has not been able to solve the myriad of problems they have created, found a way to settle their petty conflicts bringing about world peace, to end world hunger and poverty, to have civil rights for all, to put a stop to crime, to end disease and more. Space exploration needs to be cut down. Once humanity finally grows up, solves the problems facing the Earth, and decides to end their aggressive tendencies then humanity may begin to explore space united, but until then space exploration seems to be a waste of resources that can only contribute to the problems facing humanity.

Edited by iancovenant (see edit history)

well as far as life in space is concerned there is definately life out there somewhere, maybe not intelligent life but some form of life, and perhaps there has been other intelligent life out there that has destroyed themselves like we are bound to do. as far as the conditions needed for life to exist, what do we know? we used to think that no life could exist that didn't sunlight or something then we found fish that lived on the ocean floor near the vents there, how do we know life has to be anything like us? People expect aliens to be bipeds like us, but they could have evolved from anything.with the way our planet is going we may have no choice but look to the stars for somewhere else to live when our planet becomes un-inhabitable. I rekon we'll eventually send generational colony ships out into space if we don't develop some faster than light spacships. its our destiny to keep exploring.

I'm sure somewhere out there there is some sort of life searching for other forms of life just like we are. I really would wonder though what we would do if we found them because there would be no way to communicate with them at first, and it would be like learning a foreign language. I think there is a lot out there to discover we just have to develop further into technology to find out what's really out there. I mean if you think about it, there is billions and billions of miles of space actually a lot more and it just keeps growing. There might be another universe out there for all we know. I don't know how we will be able to travel out there though without being to travel faster then the speed of light, it may take hundreds of years of work but I think we are bound to find something, or future generations will. I think it would be cool to be able to go to another planet to live for a while and then travel back here. lol