xisto Community
aminzzlink

Private Server Ro . How to create your own private Ragnarok-Online server

:lol: i know this is a common category of question but i couldn't find anything like what i got, it ask me for pcre3.dll and i have no clue where that is i have been looking for it, does anyone have any help? My map.serv aint workin without that i dunno whats up it wont load just brings up that error. thank ya

ok im new to this but whatever hafta try new things, so i have everything download and i pass the reccomended requirements astronomically, so i was at the char_athena spot and i accidently opened it with explorer (which is the little computer sign thingy) well neways now i ment to open it with notepad so i could change something but every time i try to open it it just goes to my download manager and tries to download it =/ help?

@AkimiYou mean a client or a patcher?Either way if your new to it your better off just using ro's patcher, and a "custom" client.Any way, I just found this thread, and its freaking me out, I spent hours on all the different version's site's, Athena, athena, or what ever, looking for how to set up your own server, and all of them suck, they put the information all over the place, its almost like they don't want you to make a server.So that being said I gave up and found a nice private server. It was great! It had everything 4 slots, rates were about 80/80 80/, and max level was about 400.It really is a fun game, and very addictive, I spent so much time there I eventually became a gm.... and that's when the fun ended.Every time I went on I started getting pms, and requests for items, its really maddening, you have the power of a god, but you lose it if you decide to smash the ants, crawling up your leg.Eventually I just got so tired of it I decided to quit entirely, infact thats probably the only reason Im here right now :Pany ways if any body need to know about the gm stuff let me know, that is the commands, not the installation.

Well I followed through the tutorial and manage to get my private server up and running but the server is my personal enjoyment only. However I have one problem.... My Mobs aren't running around!!!! Or I should say I can't to see my mobs moving around. The seems to teleport from one spot to another. Is it the Aethena problem or my Hexed Client? I do suspect my Hex Client to have something to do with this.... Anyone know how to solve this?

Edited by Jatplane (see edit history)

hi all .... i know i was absent for a long time ... ;)

but i wanna make somthing in order .. there are many ways to set up a privat server , there are 2 famous ways :

1st using Aegis

http://forum.asb-sakray.net/index.php?&ampf=2&t=31419

2nd using eAthena

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Aegis is recomended ;) , because it's easyer and more stable than others ...

Edited by aminzzlink (see edit history)

Uhhh this might be out of topic but uhh....I really need someone to help me make a server. I know some people help me with suggestions but, my friend and I were thinking about making a game. We got alot of ideas, but we just think it was a dream only. So i really need to bring this dream to life...I really need someone to help me make one. I know it sound stupid but no matter what it takes i need to make one. I tried to make one myself but it won't work for some reason. So if you can help please contact me asap. Thank you.

Otherwise great tut but the link is not working on 1st page. To know what link, here's quote from there:

at some point you need to translate this ID number to an object name and description for the player to be able to make sense of it. This information is store in a series of text files, so updating the object ID text files with English langauge names and descriptions changes most of the game from being Korean to English (or any other langauge you want to use). Granted, the process is a bit more complicated than that, but you get the idea. To change all the required client side graphics and text at one time we will use this RAR file to do the patching work for us. Just download, and unpack the archive into your your c:\program files\Garvity\RO folder. If you already have a data folder in this location, you may want to rename it before extracting the archive.

the part with "this RAR file" won't work... >.<

how to crate GM aCCOUNT?it jz shown like this wad should i add?// eAthena's GM Accounts File// Edited by MC Cameri to enable account id ranges// Changing this file while login server is running // Usage #1(Standard): <account id> <level>// Usage #2(Range): <beggining of range[-:~]<ending of range> <level>// Examples:// 2000002 99// 2000003-2000005 99// 2000003~2000005 99// 704585 30704554-704584 99wad should i add in?it makes login server.exe cant run>< n always said there was 0 GM account...how to solve it?thx