xisto Community
aminzzlink

Private Server Ro . How to create your own private Ragnarok-Online server

I really wouldn't suggest making your own private server unless you know what you're doing. For one thing, it's going to waste a lot of time and you need a really good server to use or you'll be experiencing a lot of lag. And if you don't know how to handle a private server, you'll probably get taken advantaged of.But...a tutorial is a tutorial.

It can't find the "cygpcre-0.dll" file or something... Which really makes me upset, because I've been looking for a decent "How to Make a Ragnarok Private Server" for ages. ; ; What's the problem? Why isn't that file included in the download? Does anyone know where I can download the file?

Also, because I know how frustrating things can be: Blazindragon, there's a help.txt and a help2.txt file. Those tell you the commands to enter, and one of them is "@gm." But there's a passwrod you have to enter, too. So say the password is "gm_pass" - then in the dialog box, you would enter: @gm gm_pass

After that, your character gets transformed into a GM, and you can do all kinds of fun things, like... changing your gender! Or creating evil clones of another character. Or killing everyone on the map. ^ ^ Lots of fun.

EDIT: Okay, so I managed to find that cygpcre-0.dll file from google... < < And now the map_server thing is done loading... HOWEVER. When I try to run the char_server thing, it'll open for half a second, then find a "[Fatal Error]:" and before I get a chance to read it, it closes! I tried it again, and it just did the same thing... The first like, billion times I opened it, the map_server was open. Then I thought I should close it, and I did. Then I brought up the char_server.exe file, and it stayed open for an extra three seconds. Whoopdie-flippin-doo. Now how am I supposed to fix it? D;

Well, since you've found the missing file, make sure you put it in with the eAthena that you have. After you've added it, re-extract everything. There won't be extra added files. Instead, the extracted files that were in the eAthena download are updated with the cygpcre-0.dll. Hope you read my reply soon, incase you need anymore assisstance.
Edited by Lexy (see edit history)

I'm having trouble getting my map server to run. Every time i start it up it tells me that the ordinal 24 could not be located. If anyone has any information that could help it would be greatly appreciated! :lol:

WowIt's really weird that I saw this topic here today XDI just stopped playing RO like a week ago.Haven't had much time for it lately.I did play on private servers thoughI don't know all that much about the coding and stuff of them, but I know a decent amount about how they work. Always been too lazy to make my own though.And a friend of mine who lives down in America somewhere knows how to code 'em. She's got her own she uses for biuld testing and stuff. I've been on it.But, uhm, since this post has no yet reached a length I am satisfied withI'm gonna add in my own personal opinion that highrated private servers are horrible, horrible things. Lowrates are the way to play =DReally... If I had money I'd just play iRO... Other than the fact I hate iRO...If I lived in Korea I'd play kRO :lol:That's a bit more true

hello i m new in this server makingrecently i made a server but doesnot know anything much about itlike how to make gm, changing npc, using @ commandsetc............can any one tell me wat to copy, where to copy the changing of @ comands,etc.i tried in server its display the message only cant use it help me pls

God... why are you all asking questions on how to make a server here? Why won't you guys go to the official eAthena website at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. They have plenty of step-by-step tutorials in there that even a slow person can understand it. Im tired of going through all the topics here saying all these n00b questions such as how to change the rates, how to be a GM, do I need the game to play, how do I make a .grf file, etc.

Also, if you're one of those people who wants to make their own server. You're gonna need a very good computer like dual-core processors, 1GB+ RAM, etc. If you're going to run it on a home desktop computer, its going to be very laggy and even worse when youre going to play the game on the same computer you are hosting with. You would also need a higher connection than DSL/Cable to host. Because about each player uses about 200/kbs of your bandwith. If you're gonna host it wtih DSL/Cable, you could probably only host up to 10-25 people depending on your connection. It takes a lot of money to run a server, such as renting a server tower and T1+ connections also.

You also have to be very carefuly when you set up your server, when you configure it, youre not just changing the default IP, you have to change everything to your needs. I just configured my server yesterday [since i host my own server for fun] and it took about the entire day from morning untill night untill I was dont making edits on npcs, rates, monsters, general configurations, and more.

So if you're going to host a server, you should be one of those people who can afford spending $300+ each month depending on how much people you have. Also, theres about more than 2,000 other servers out there who are going to compete with you. Your chances of being a success with your server is about 25% depending on how much you advertised or how many people you know.

I forgot to mention, if you do host a server. You are violating Gravity's Copyrights. They dont mind you making a server without anyone paying for it. But if you violate anything else such as buy this item [in dollars] which isnt dropped by any monster or pretty much making 100% profit instead of 0% profit.

I sugeest that you might aswell run an RO server just for testing purpose, just for fun, or just to kill a lot of time. But, if you're one of those people who doesn't know crap about how to make an RO server, I suggest that you stop what you're trying to do and just join another successful server.

You can join http://www.xilero.net/. They have a very high rate server and they have four servers that you can choose on [Main, PK, EZ, EX]. There are over a thousand people online [in total] each day, and even more on WoE days. If you are going to join XileRO, im at the EZ server and you can find me by typing in @who2 Guardian Angel when you get in-game. If im not online, you can PM me here and i'll help you out.

Anyways, just make the right decision. And just don't waste your time making severs when you can just join one and have fun with hundreds of other people.

Amen. :lol: [That was the longest post i've ever made]

augg..I can't find Cypgcre-0.dll anywhere. can someone please send me the link =D! I'll really appericate it! XD!!!!

I'm shocked nobody saw the little folder called dll in the original link to the eAthena software
http://www.ngamexp.com/ftp.php?path=/eathena

For those who can't see it... or are very lazy... here:
http://www.ngamexp.com/ftp.php?path=eathena/dll

Just download cygpcre-0-1.5.20-1-dll.rar

I hope nobody else makes this complaint again.

To Kuroshiro, I only put this message here because there are people who read "Takes up only five minutes" and think, "I could better spend those five minutes complaining that I am missing one damned file which is sat right infront of me and instead I will moan to others I can't find it"

I am also delusional to the idea that my post would actually stop anyone else asking... I'm sure they will >.>;;

Ahh Ragnarok free servers are quite annoying to set up I heard. This tutorial is awsome and good luck with everyone who is making one. If you don't have a nice computer then having a server will be quite hard >.<. Also, if you want to play on the server definately go for duel computers. Playing RO + Hosting the RO server = bad ideaIf you guys have set one up , hit me up with a link I would lvoe to see what it is like on yoru server :lol:. I know my friends play on one and are actually quite famous on it haha. Again, good luckCheers,Jester

This tutorial should help a whole hell of a lot. I was trying to explain to my one friend exactly how to do something like this and he was completely clue-less. But, this guide here goes in to a lot more detail and would probably explain it better than I would have the patience to. Thanks.