xisto Community
aminzzlink

Private Server Ro . How to create your own private Ragnarok-Online server

i relly need sum help i followed this guide to the letter but when i open map-server.exe i get an error every other line if anyone know what is causing this please email me at madmaty06@hotmail.com thank you

i relly need sum help i followed this guide to the letter but when i open map-server.exe i get an error every other line if anyone know what is causing this please email me at madmaty06@hotmail.com thank you

What kinda error messages? Please state... its in the command promt right? If it is do this:
1) Right click on the command prompt title bar -> edit -> mark
2) Mark the errors it gives out. (The errors only... there is no need for the whole thig)
3) ctrl + c
4) post it here

I'll see what i can remember :)

hehe is the errors it keeps going for like 20-30 lines more this is all i could get in my screen shot tho

W00t! seems like theres an error when you were unzipping the files. The RO server can't find specific files for it to run correctly. Please read the installation notes. (Sorry, there's not much help i can give on this one). Maybe you zipped the /maps/ folder in another directory by mistake??

This might be an annoying question, but...I'm having a few errors in my map-serv as well.Alright. Let's see how to explain it.Okay, I did everything this guide told me to do. I got everything set up properly, for just I can play. But when I get to the point to start up map-serv, it tells me that instead of port 6900, it's going to port 6121. That's not the only problem, it also tells me on the char-server:[status]: connecting to 0.0.0.0:6900make_connection: Cannot assign requested address[info]: Attempt to login-serverOn the map-server, it's telling me this:[status]: server is 'ready' and listening on port '5121'[status]: Attempting to connect to Char Server. Please wait.[status]: Connecting to 0.0.0.0:6121make_connection: Cannot assign requested address(then it goes to repeat this line a whole damn lot)Ah, I hope I put everything right. :x Help would be greatly appreciated.

It can't find the "cygpcre-0.dll" file or something... Which really makes me upset, because I've been looking for a decent "How to Make a Ragnarok Private Server" for ages. ; ; What's the problem? Why isn't that file included in the download? Does anyone know where I can download the file?

Also, because I know how frustrating things can be: Blazindragon, there's a help.txt and a help2.txt file. Those tell you the commands to enter, and one of them is "@gm." But there's a passwrod you have to enter, too. So say the password is "gm_pass" - then in the dialog box, you would enter: @gm gm_pass

After that, your character gets transformed into a GM, and you can do all kinds of fun things, like... changing your gender! Or creating evil clones of another character. Or killing everyone on the map. ^ ^ Lots of fun.

EDIT: Okay, so I managed to find that cygpcre-0.dll file from google... < < And now the map_server thing is done loading... HOWEVER. When I try to run the char_server thing, it'll open for half a second, then find a "[Fatal Error]:" and before I get a chance to read it, it closes! I tried it again, and it just did the same thing... The first like, billion times I opened it, the map_server was open. Then I thought I should close it, and I did. Then I brought up the char_server.exe file, and it stayed open for an extra three seconds. Whoopdie-flippin-doo. Now how am I supposed to fix it? D;

Edited by BlackKitten09 (see edit history)

I remember ragnarok online! I loved this game it was really fun :D. I always made a priest first for some reason haha. But nice tutorial on how to make a private server. Although I would probably never make one it is still reallly good! I will redirect friends if they need to know how to set it up. It seems simple enough :DCheers,Jester

so does anyone know how to make a gm account?? thats the only reason i wanted to have a server XD

email : bby_sephiroth@hotmail.com

thanks

you never say where to download the cygpcre-0.dll..... plz tell me

It can't find the "cygpcre-0.dll" file or something... Which really makes me upset, because I've been looking for a decent "How to Make a Ragnarok Private Server" for ages. ; ; What's the problem? Why isn't that file included in the download? Does anyone know where I can download the file?

Also, because I know how frustrating things can be: Blazindragon, there's a help.txt and a help2.txt file. Those tell you the commands to enter, and one of them is "@gm." But there's a passwrod you have to enter, too. So say the password is "gm_pass" - then in the dialog box, you would enter: @gm gm_pass

After that, your character gets transformed into a GM, and you can do all kinds of fun things, like... changing your gender! Or creating evil clones of another character. Or killing everyone on the map. ^ ^ Lots of fun.

EDIT: Okay, so I managed to find that cygpcre-0.dll file from google... < < And now the map_server thing is done loading... HOWEVER. When I try to run the char_server thing, it'll open for half a second, then find a "[Fatal Error]:" and before I get a chance to read it, it closes! I tried it again, and it just did the same thing... The first like, billion times I opened it, the map_server was open. Then I thought I should close it, and I did. Then I brought up the char_server.exe file, and it stayed open for an extra three seconds. Whoopdie-flippin-doo. Now how am I supposed to fix it? D;

can you tell me where can i find the cygpcre-0.dll???

help please when i enter to the game it appears server connection closed and in the char-server it appear this [Warning]: Map-Server 0 have NO map.[info]: Saving all files...[info]: Saving all files...[info]: Saving all files...[info]: Account Logged On; Account ID: 2000002.[Warning]: Unable to find map-server for 'new_1-1.gat', resorting to sending toa major city.[info]: Saving all files...[info]: Saving all files...[info]: Saving all files...