xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BOAW

Making My New Domain Name With Trap17

ok i went into the hosting account center to make myself a new domain name. now instead of http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ i want it to be http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.. so i clicked in change domain name and they asked me for my username n password but after that they wanted me to make my new domain and for the examples they have it lke XXXXXXX.com, and thats where im abit confused cuz im not sure if i should put in the www. before the name or not. im not sure if that really matters either.

No don't put the www in front of it, it should work fine as XXXXX.com Notice you don't have to put the www in front of a domain when your typing it, it takes you there anyway because the browser knows it is supposed to be there. Make sure that after you bought the domain it was pointed to NS1.TRAP17.COM and NS2.TRAP17.COM

It shouldn't matter. Make sure you park the domain in your cPanel. To do this, go to your main control panel page, hit Parked Domains, add your own, and tell it where to direct to. It's as easy as that :)

well, currently you are not going to be capable of changing your domain because the https://support.xisto.com/ page is not workin correctly... but yet do what pleno, and buscuit said.. with the people you bought it through, point the DNS (Name Severs) to ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17com caps doesn't matter, abn then after about 14 hours, you should be able to park your domain... THEN buff has given people permission to PM him if they want somthing done with their hosting, so just PM BuffaloHELP with yout cpanel username...not password, your website URL and your NEW website URL and he will change it

No don't put the www in front of it, it should work fine as XXXXX.com Notice you don't have to put the www in front of a domain when your typing it, it takes you there anyway because the browser knows it is supposed to be there. Make sure that after you bought the domain it was pointed to NS1.TRAP17.COM and NS2.TRAP17.COM

ns1 and ns2 ;
are these the name servers? if so where are we supposed to put it?
kindly guide me, i am new to this forum and i would like to setup my own domain in Xisto,
but i dont know the procedure.

If you want to have your own domain name in the cpanel account, you have to own a domain before buy your logic plan.I don?t know if I am right but you can buy domains with your MyCents. Isn?t it?You only have to put the domain name in the form when you are buying your Logic Plan.Note: when I said "buying", I am referring to get the logic plan with your MyCEnts.The technical team will do the rest.You will only to update the DNS in your domain account server (like GoDaddy):The Dns servers are:Dns1: ns.computinghost.comDNS2: ns2.computinghost.comI wait that this information help you.Regards and Good Luck?